Black History Culture : Marcus Garvey Jr: Afrika and the Arab Slave Trade

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by RAPTOR, Jan 5, 2010.

1. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
  2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
  3. abdurratln

abdurratln Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +153
    Well, Brother Marcus is entitled to his religious point of view. But, what I would like to know without having to sit through all of his lecture is does he supprt the Total Unification of Africa from the Tigris-Euphrates to the Cape of Goiod Hope or not. If not bring him to me an I will sit him straight once and for all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berber_people

4. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094

As a suggestion, view the rest of his lecture. Then determine as to whether
    or not he support "the Total Unification of Africa from the Tigris-Euphrates to the Cape of Goiod Hope".

5. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812

Please....you ain't even got yourself straight. How you gone call yourself 'correcting' someone with direct blood ties to REAL revolution???

6. abdurratln

Ratings:
    +153
    It is not about "bloodlines". It is about correct ideology and incorrect ideology. I have not yet finished listening to the lecture. So, I will reserve my judgement for now. But, as a thinking, intelligent person, I will call ANY other thinking and intelligent person. He ain't no god. Believe it or not ONLY GOD is infallible.

But, let's get real for a moment or two. Garvey said "Africa for the Africans". But, he did not define "African". Now did he define "Africa". But, I have done so. As I said, I do not yet know what Brother Marcus is doing in that lecture. But, my definition is already a matter of public record.

For those who are not up to date on it, let me reiterate what I am talking about. The popular Front for Pan-Africanism is based on the principle of Uniting Africa from the Tigris-Euprates to the Cape of Good Hope. Thus, we have defined Africa as having a northern frontier on the Tigris-Euphrates. In dumbed down language, that means that Arabia is an integral part of Africa.

As for Africans, Osagyefo Dr. Kwame Nkrumah defined it as "All-Africans and people of African descent around the world are Africans and belong to the African Nation". By that definition, the Arabs and ALL of the people of North Africa and Arabia are Africans. Why? They are Africans because they descend from Africans tyhrough the bloodline of Mother Hagar (Sal-lal Alayhi wa Salam).

So on this point, the dispute is not with me. The the dispute is with Kwame Nkrumah, if there is any dispute at all. But, there should not be any dispute. Nkrumah defined these things some 60 years ago. By now, every so-called Pan-Africanist ought to be familiar with this and in conformity to it.

7. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Dumbed down for sure. And not quite legible. And totally irrational.

Nkrumah talked about the need for a Union of AFRICAN States.

This is continental AFRICA.

Can you cite any reference where Nkrumah sought to include territory with a northern extent of Tigris-Euphrates?

8. abdurratln

Ratings:
    +153
    No. I never said Nkrumah did it. In fact, I know for a fact that his son, Comrade Dr. Gamal Nkrumah, once defined Sinai as part of Asia. But, it simply is not.

We are intelligent, thinking African men and women. Err, some of us are intelligent, thinking African men and women. Since no one person has all the answers (ONLY GOD has all of the answers) each of us has a GOD-Given right, duty and responsibility to try to help figure this out and offer input and ideas on how to move forward to Unite Africa. Garvey did not have all the answers. But, Nkrumah took Garveys ideas and merged them with DuBoisis ideas and came up with a new program. Prior to Nkrumah, Pan-Africanism had reached a standstill. Under DuBois, nobody seemed to know how to go forward and make it work.

But, at the Fifth Pan-African Congress, George Padmore, Nkrumah and others put an end to the debate between DuBois and Garvey. It was Dubois' idea that intellectuals would play a leading role in Pan-Africanism. Indeed, it is not altogether clear that DuBois envisioined Pan-Africanism as an ideology that would Liberate and Unify Africa. However, Garvey saw his program (he did not call it Pan-Africanism) as a political program to empower us in control of a free Africa under one central government. While DuBois had focused mainly on the intellectual aspect, Garvey had relied mainly on the masses of ordinary working African men and women. And, he placed a good deal of emphasis on Economic Development while Dubois was more concerned with intellectual development/education. DuBois was a teacher. But, Garvey was a practical, pragmatic man of action. Nkrumah merged both programs into a new program.

GOD Bless Nkrumah. Nowadays, people seem to want to have it all one way and not another. So, different camps seldom have a meeting of minds. But, Nkrumah showed us the correct approach to Liberating and Unifying Africa. He accepted that the African body politic needed a head, an inteligentsia to do the mind work. Nowadays, folk talk of "think tanks". But as to "think tanks" they miss the point. Intellect is worhless without a body to carry out ideas. And a body is worthless without a mind to direct it. Nkrumah found a way to have both.

Pan-Africanists are supposed to be highly intelligent, educated and thinking men and women. At the same time, Pan-Africanists are businessmen, labaoroers and farmers, etc. Nkrumah came from rural Ghana. He was a teacher. He came to the USA and pursued advanced, post-gratuate education. While doing so, he had to work himself through school. He worked in factories and did other back breaking hard labor. So, he was an embodiment of both the most advanced intellctual and the hardest worker.

So, the Fifth Pan-African Congress resolved to call upon the masses of Africans everywhere, just as Garvey had done. And, it was recognized that it is the responsibility and duty of the African inteligentsia not to just make a lot of money working for big coporations and/or the government, but to join forces with other Africans, less fortunate Africans, Africans with less less education or time and money to get an education. And, this is what the African Revolution was all about.

Nkrumah, Lumumba, Ben Bella, Abdel-Nasser and many others went home to Africa and mobilized the African masses just as Dr. King and SCLC and SNCC did so in the USA. It was the African masses led by the African inteligentsia that took power from the enemy and led Africa to freedom and Africans to Civil Rights in America and elsewhere. The enemy has always been a slow learner. Up to that time, every time Africans demanded freedom, they would kill off the leaders; or, as in the case of Garvey, send them to prison. This is what they did to Nkrumah and many others including Nelson Mandela. But, the Africans masses took Nkrumah out of jail and made him the leader of the Ghanaian nation-state and government. Nkrumah was voted out of prison.

Now, Nkrumah has made it absolutely clear that an African is a citizen of Africa and/or an inhabitant Africa and/or descendant of Africans. This took us through the first phase of the African Revolution, the phase of political independence and Civil Rights. At the same time, Nkrumah, along with such as Amilcar Cabral and Sekou Toure and Kwame Ture, began to develop a cadre for the next stage of the African Revolution. In particular, a Political Education Program was developed and implemented. The purpose of P.E. was to train a cadre who could think things through and figure out how best to Unite Africa.

For years we discussed it and debated it and thought about it. We came up with new ideas and rejected new ideas. In the final analysis, we came to understand that we cannot Unite Africa without including Arabs and the Arabian Peninsula. This was inspired mainly by a rejection of Marxism-Leninsism as the ideology. Once that was done, we were free to go back to the most ancient of literature and documents and think through African history. Sekou Toure taught us that theism (spirituality) was an integral part of African culture. Nkrumah taught us that it was necessary to correctly understand African history in order to develop an ideology to Liberate and Unify Africa.

So, we went to The Bible and Quran and Metu Neta and many other of the great documents of history. And, we discovered that contrary to what the enemy teaches us, the so-called Middle East is in Africa. It consists of North Africa and mainly the Arabian Peninsula. The acncient documents verify this as reality.

To put this into context, let us recall that it was not all that long ago when the enemy thought that the world was flat. But, Islam came to enlighten mankind and brought Christian Europe out of the Dark Ages. Thus, we live in the Age of Exploration in which the world is a village. So, by correctly studying Scriptures, we will learn that no matter what the enemy tells us, Arabia is a part of Africa, like it or not. So, the Popular Front for Pan-Africanism has done what no other natinalist organization has done before. We have a braod spectrum of Africans from every part of the African world. Wer have Bantus, Arabs, Berbers, and Africans of the Diaspora all working together to Unite Africa. We have Asians and Europeans who are mothers and fathers of African children, even it the children are adopted, as citizens of Africa and actice members of FPPP. Maybe we are wrong. But, we have nothing to lose. It has been tried the other way for over 60 years, perhaps a 100 years or more. And, it has not worked the other way. The very least that we must do now is to try something different. Even a dog or a monkey can figure out that if one thing does not work try a different approach. But, some Africans cannot figure it out.

One final thought: ideology is suppose to be a living system of thought that grows and develops and changes when change is needed. It is not suppose to be a static dead dogma in which we repeat the same old mistakes over and over gain forever. Accordingly, we credit the Founding Fathers and Mothers of this great Uniion of States for writing a Constituion that is subject to amendments or even total replacement. This is why the united States of America has a been a successful experiment thus far while so many others have failed. When change is needed to go farward, change can be peacefully and orderly brought to fruition.

9. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

10. abdurratln

Ratings:
    +153

Users found this page by searching for:

1. themigration of people from the middle east by dr. marcus garvey jr.