Black People : Many Youngsters Are Limiting Themselves Because.....

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by SpiritualONE, Aug 12, 2003.

1. SpiritualONE

SpiritualONE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +48
    They have no REAL purpose in life and many lack the motivation to make a difference in this society. The only thing that some of them are thinking about is the benjamins and they will do anything to have corporate AmeriKKKa show them the money.

In Dr. Akbar's book, "Breaking The Chains of Psychological Slavery," he points out that our allegiance to forces which destroy us is an even worse form of capture. We have an illusion of freedom, self determination, and liberation because our minds have been limited in the use of their full potential.

S1:When we listen to the gangsta rap constantly, watch misogynistic (sistah bashing) videos, and it's proclaimed to be freedom of expression, we are deceiving ourselves. The mind doesn't grow off this nonsense, it becomes stagnant and limited.

2. im_the_truth

im_the_truth Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, your right when one have a false sense of freedom they start hurting themselves further than helping themselves fix the main problem. It's just like a slave that says he/she has a good master, there is no such thing!, you're still a slave you know.

3. SpiritualONE

Ratings:
    +48
    im-the-truth,

Mental slavery is worse than physical slavery because we are being led to slaughter and it looks like we are buck dancing while we go to it!

That is sad!

4. ZeroGravity

ZeroGravity Well-Known Member MEMBER

System Administrator
    Ratings:
    +11
    SpiritualOne...with all due respect and I ask this question to everyone...what is your REAL purpose in life? and how can we say what's someone else REAL purpose in life?

Everyone makes a difference in life in some form or fashion, what is the difference in this society you feel they are lacking in motivation?

5. SpiritualONE

Ratings:
    +48
    ZeroGravity,

When I write that MANY youngsters "have NO REAL PURPOSE" it means that they are doing nothing for their family or community. If you aren't part of a solution in this STRUGGLE then you are part of the problem and if you do nothing you will be nothing.

Nothing from nothing leave nothing. Too much of nothing is a hindrance to the struggle for mental liberation.

This answer is written with all due respect.

6. ZeroGravity

System Administrator
    Ratings:
    +11
    The point I was trying to make is that no one can define someone else's purpose, real or imagined. You say they do nothing for their family or community...that is your perspective, which I highly respect, but how do you know that what they do is not "part" of a solution in this STRUGGLE? Should we see instant results of the STRUGGLE from the every person input/action individually or will it be noticed collectively?

My intentions are not to engage you or to challenge you, you made a strong indictment and I'm just trying to gain clarity in your perspective...I hope you don't take this the wrong way, for that is not my intention.

7. SpiritualONE

Ratings:
    +48
    Doing nothing to help your people equals NOTHING in this struggle. There is NO TWO WAYS to look at it.

Nuff said.

8. ZeroGravity

System Administrator
    Ratings:
    +11
    oops my badd...I didn't realize that responding to your post with questions for clarity or dialogue was not allowed.

My intent was not to challenge, but to dialogue....sorry bout dat

9. SpiritualONE

Ratings:
    +48
    You can relay questions to me all you want on this board but when your inquiry has a nit-picking quality to it, it detracts from my message to denizens of this forum.

If you feel that a person can do whatever they please without any accountability to their people, that's your right, but I refuse to banter this topic about when my thoughts are clear.

The point is that many young people have NOT utilized their potential to the benefit of this struggle and I'm NOT likely to back down from that statement.

Don't waste my time (or yours) with a debate because I consider my statement to be beyond that distraction.

10. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Spiritual One:
    I have to say I like your attitude... stand strong with your convictions... and I agree, and would like to add that we are finding that some who do utilize the benefits of our struggle become catalyst to destroy; and your thesis can and should be applied to some of our adults.

I think that we must go back to a time when we did put more pressure on ourselves and those of our community--- our standards for the way in which we act, the things that we do... were very high; and in turn some of us ran away from us... today I think that they say that those in our community who still hold onto that notion---or being better at all and any cost--- are called having "Attitude."

We have to take our kids back for one, and I think that the window of opportunity is still opened. I think that pop culture as a whole has been devastating; but it is up to us to correct this mistake...