Black Spirituality Religion : Many ways to pray

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by cursed heart, Sep 1, 2006.

1. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    I thought that since we all have different beliefs/spiritual,religious ,that we could post our daily prayers here.
    I think this would be great for those who have changed their beliefs and need some help in this area.
    I know prayers is talking as me and you do but there is a special prayer that most say before their prayers from the heart:love:

2. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

I think praying and prayers are directly linked to ones perception of the Creator. Speaking for myself, I see the Creator as a parent rather than a master or a lord. As a parent how would you like it if the only time your children talked to you is when they need sometime? This is just me but this seems more like a "what have you done for me lately" or "what can you do for me" type relationship. How deep is our faith? Why is it that most of us only go to the Creator as a last resort? If we see the Creator as all knowing, all powerful and the great provider why not go to the Creator first? Anyway I consider myself to commune with the Creator in spiritual conversation. I open myself up clear my thoughts and let my spirit commune. I had no special creeds or players or pleas that I have made in the advance just to sound pretty in front of people. My time to commune is for me. The passing of my father taught me that the soul never dies. It inhabits a vessel and moves on when the vessel can no longer contain it. Therefore we are more than meets the eye yet our time here is precious. What I suggest is find that quiet time in day or night and let your spirit go to commune with the Creator. It could be in the shower or bathrub, it could be when you wake early in the morning or right before your go to sleep, it could also be during your commute to work or while working out. It could be anytime you have quiet alone time. Again for me if you think of the Creator as a parent then you would communicate as such. I speak to my mother daily and we talk. When I was a child I looked toward my parents for guidence and wisdom. As I am a spiritual child not of maturity I do the same with the Creator. The difference is I don't cower from the Creator. I embrace...

Peace

3. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    we are always trying to be communicated to tby the all,it is just a matter of whether we are listening or not...

4. Auroraflower

Auroraflower Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35
    I Believe the our father is the Strongest......

Much love:heart:

Loveauroraflower:heart:

5. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace..........

no harm inteneded!

Every thought is a prayer.................

we are forever seeking enlightenment, or what some call a higher power!

it is Energy....

and God is not this force's proper name..........

I wish you well on your journey!

6. cursed heart

Ratings:
    +38
    I think you guys misunderstood my question.
    I know what prayer is but most have a beginning and an end to their prayers.
    When I as a little girl my grandmoher taught me to say our father which art in heaven etc>>>> and than I would speak to GOD personally from the heart and say Amen.
    Some have ancesteral prayer,catholic,christian, etc.
    I hope I explained this better.

7. Radical Faith

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

Again that would depend on your relationship with the Creator. If you see the Creator as a lord and master you may start prayers with recognization of the Creators awesome and how unworthy you are but "He" has made a way for you anyway. Or if you see the Creator as a parent you would commune spiritual as you would with your parents. This does not mean take our relationship with our Creator for granted. I just don't be believe in beseeching or begging or pleading to my parent. Just with my parents either they will help me or they won't. Either way it will be alright. Also a parent emparts wisdoms and guidence so that children are empowers to manage the difficulties of life. I have no special sayings or incantations to invoke the Creator. The only ritual I have is find a quiet place, open my mind and spiritual and commune. Communing is talking and listening. This a vital part many of us miss. We don't listening. Our communication is one way. If one were to look at the story of Adam and Woman we Adam communing with God. Adam spoke and listened the to God. This is what I strive to have my relationship with the Creator to be like. The most important part to me is the exchange and not the ceremony. Infact almost all of my dealing with the Creator is very unceremonial.

Peace....

8. cursed heart

Ratings:
    +38
    That's interesting because as children we were taught to open up with a commom prayer. I know many of christian or catholic faith but I am interested in knowing of others faiths/religions,beliefs/spiritual prayers.
    Like why do musleums hold their hands differently when praying and what do they say to greet GOD?

9. Radical Faith

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

Here check this out this may answer your questions..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer

10. cursed heart

Ratings:
    +38
    Last night I dreamed deep and ended somewhere floating through space/spirit world in a fetal position.
    I felt the presence of someone or something.
    I touched my belly and there was something attached to me.
    I was floating aimlessly and I decided not to be afraid as I am always when these occur.
    I began praying and lifting my hand up tp the sky.
    God of the sky
    God of wind
    God of the earth
    God I dance in the rain for peace
    I watch your sun
    Lord please reach out to me
    There was a voice a deep voice that asked me who was I praying to?
    I didn't know if it was good or evil so I screamed and my voice echoed GOD,GOD,GOD,GODGOD GIVE ME YOUR HAND.I floated up and up and up where I donot know.I saw an entity as I was floating upward,unclear but I saw it.
    It was then I had awaken and I sat on the edge of the bed and just started crying.
    I grabbed a notebook and recorded what I had experienced and yes I did grab the bible.
    I know that the bible is not complete with truth but it was the only way I could go back to sleep.
    It seemed like I was there forever when actually it was merely five minutes.
    I looked at the clock as I cried.
    I don't want you to think I'm crazy but there is something out there who will not let me be.
    Prayer is important and when you can't find the right words to say it can mak a difference !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you rad for the link.