Black Spirituality Religion : Mantras

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Knowledge Seed, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    Many of us know the power of mantras, because we've used them. We know that there is a mantra for nearly everything man/woman could desire. I'm sure many of us have mantras that we use, that we wouldn't mind sharing with others. For that purpose I created this thread. You can post mantras here that you personally use or that you would just recommend to others. Also post links to websites with mantras that can be used. Don't forget to tell what the mantra is used for.

2. amazon1979

amazon1979 Banned MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +9
    Greetings Kseed!

I vote that if anyone knows of any, to post Marans.

MARAN : These are death inflicting mantras through which you can kill anybody at any distance without disclosing your identity. To avoid it's harmful use it is not been given.

Lol, I keed, I keed, I joke, I joke.

:D

Practical Uses Of Mantras

For education : "Om kreeng kreeng kreeng"

For attaining moksha : "Om shree hreeng kreeng krishnaye swaha"

For wealth : "Omnamo dhandaye swaha"

For success in elections : "Om emminder vardhaye shteriyame ma emam vishmek virsham kirinu tawan"

For fame : "Om giravargrateshu hirnye ch goshu cha"

For successful completion of all jobs : "Om namo sarvarthsadhni swaha"

For reduction of rash temper : "Om shante parshante sarv karodh pashnon swaha"

To attract one or all : "Om chamunde tarutatu amukaye akarshaye akarshaye swaha"

Some Important Mantras

Some simple mantras are given which can be recited by anyone and help achieve what the sadhak wants. They have simple or no methodology associated with them.

Panch Akshari - "Om Namah Shivaye" - It fulfills all desires.It leads to moksha and all sins are destroyed. It has no methodology assocaited and can be recited by anyone anytime.

Asht Akshari - "Om Namah Narayanaya" - One can achieve and can be blessed with anything.

Ganpati Mantra - "Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha" - It not only removes all obstacles but also gives success in one's efforts.
    Hanuman Mantra - "Om Hoom Hanumate Rudratamakaye hoom phut swaha" - There is no favour that Hanumanji cannot bestow. Hanumanji is the embodiment of all good qualities which he freely gives to his devotees.

Saraswati Mantra - "Om Aim Kleeng Saum Saraswatiya Namaha" - It makes a person a learned scholar and he attains high profeciency in education. This mantra should be recited all morning pujas.

Dattatreya Mantra - "Om Hareem Parambraham Parmaatmane Hari Harbrahyendraya Dattatroyaye swaha" - Dattatreya can bestow everything on his followers.

Source: 'Secrets of yantra,mantra and tantra' by Dr.L.R.Chawdhri

Peace,
    Amazon1979

3. amazon1979

amazon1979 Banned MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +9
    For wealth

Maharishi Pulatsya

Rishi Pulatsya accomplished a very special Lakshmi Sadhana in order to gain wealth and prosperity. Many texts contain reference to this Sadhana. He placed a Shree Lakshmi Yantra in a copper plate and lit a ghee lamp. He sat on a yellow mat facing North. Then with a White Hakeek rosary he completed 11 rounds of a Mantra which compelled Lakshmi to appear. This proved that the Mantra devised by the sage was really divine and efficacious. The Mantra used by the Rishi was -

After this many Sadhaks tested the power of this Sadhana and each time it proved miraculously effective.

4. amazon1979

amazon1979 Banned MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +9
    I like this succinct, yet different from the normal explanation, of what a mantra is.

What is MANTRA

Guru is a guide who can understand all one's problems and suggest Mantras with the help of which one could get rid of all problems.

Mantra is a divine combination of divine syllables or sounds which when chanted with devotion,faith and emotion gravitate the concerned God or Goddess or deity and secure their divine blessings. For divine help one must link with divine forces but majority of humans are unaware of these forces and have no link whatsoever. But when an individual starts chanting Mantra related to a particular deity regularly the gap between him and the concerned divine force steadily decreases. By regular use of Mantra a subtle link is formed and through this one could then obtain any desired boon within the power of the deity. One could obtain wealth, prosperity, fame, fearlessness, success and spiritual upliftment, but for each a different Mantra is chanted and a different deity propitiated.

A Mantra is a special set of words through only that particular deity could be summoned. If I write or speak in Chinese you won't be able to understand and my words will not produce any effect. But if I speak the language you know its effect shall be with doubt. Praying to these deities in one's language won't help much but if one uses the words that they can understand the result shall be instant.

These words are the Mantras evolved by Rishis and Yogis who actually prepared them and used them to prove their worth. Over the ages these have helped thousands of Sadhaks achieve even that which appeared impossible to them. Within doubt that whose chanting fulfils one's wish is a Mantra.

5. darklionarts

darklionarts Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Medicine Buddha Mantra
    (Tibetan Pronunciation)

Tad-ya-ta: Om Be-kan-dze Be-kan-dze Ma-ha Be-kan-dze
    Ra-dza Sa-mung-ga-te So-ha!

I was initiated in the Medicine Buddha by Bishop William Green of the ST. JOHN'S ORDER http://www.quietmountain.org/dharmacenters/st_johns/st_johns.htm

As fate would have it, I met an Ifa Priestess shortly after getting involved with Tantric and Tibetan Buddhism; so I put that on the backburner in order to study Ifa/Orisha.

The practice of Medicine Buddha, the Supreme Healer (or Sangye Menla in Tibetan) is not only a very powerful method for healing and increasing healing powers both for oneself and others, but also for overcoming the inner sickness of attachment, hatred, and ignorance, thus to meditate on the Medicine Buddha can help decrease physical and mental illness and suffering.

The Medicine Buddha mantra is held to be extremely powerful for healing of physical illnesses and purification of negative karma. One form of practice based on the Medicine Buddha is done when one is stricken by disease. The patient is to recite the long Medicine Buddha mantra 108 times over a glass of water. The water is now believed to be blessed by the power of the mantra and the blessing of the Medicine Buddha himself, and the patient is to drink the water. This practice is then repeated each day until the illness is cured.

http://www.medicinebuddha.org/medicine_buddha.htm

6. amazon1979

amazon1979 Banned MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +9
    Are Hindu Mantras Better?

Bro K.Seed,

I hope you are going to regret starting this thread lol, I am currently obsessed with mantras so the chance of this post being overloaded with information is pretty high! Apologies in advance :)

This is an exchange from occultforums.com on mantras. I think it provides an interesting theory (whether true or not ) about the differences between Hindu mantras and Buddhist mantras.

Are Hindu Mantras Better?
    From what I know, Hindu mantras, all of them -there are hundreds-, annihilate bad karma WITHOUT making you experience tragedies.

Thiru Neela Kantam is one of them. You visualize a blue light on the throat area where Adam's apple is located and see that ight get darker and darker and darker until it's black.

I know you're gonna say ordeals are part of life etc. But not everyone is so mortification/austerity oriented and someone that has been through decades of horribe sufferings of all kinds won't want to re-experience it forever.
    If you want ignorance, then dont do practices.

So, Buddhist mantras are good but Hindu mantras better? We've had so many past lifetimes from Atlantis to this day.

A witch told that balance oil used a certain way allows you to face all your karma at once so you won't have to deal with al that past karma again but you don't know what might happen...

She told me she uses it on criminals so they face their karma all at once...

7. darklionarts

Ratings:
    +8
    "Are Hindu Mantras Better?
    From what I know, Hindu mantras, all of them -there are hundreds-, annihilate bad karma WITHOUT making you experience tragedies.
    "

I dont know if this is what is meant by experiencing tragedies but I had probably chanted the Medicine Buddha mantra about 600 times when I became violently ill. Ultimately I ended up having to visit a physician to get relief (I'll spare you the gross symptoms). Maybe it was bad Chinese takeout from the previous night or could it have been karma?

I also practice Agnihotra (Homa therapy) and we use Sanskrit mantras.

The process of Agnihotra consists of making two offerings to a small fire exactly at the time of sunrise & sunset along with the chanting of two small Sanskrit mantras.

The mantras are:

Sunrise-
    sooryáya swáhá, sooryáya idam na mama
    prajápataye swáhá, prajápataye idam na mama

Sunset-
    agnaye swáhá, agnaye idam na mama
    prajápataye swáhá, prajápataye idam na mama

You can check out some brothers and sisters who perform the science of agnihotra.

http://www.baltohomacommunity.com/agnihotra_homatherapy.htm

Shanti Village of Atlanta:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=322311603

peace

8. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

GET THAT MONEY!!!!!!

OM SHREEM LAKSHMI

ALSO THIS ONE TOO --- Om Shreem Hreem Shreem Kamale Kamalaleyi Praseed Praseed Om Shreem Hreem Shreem Mahalaxmiyei Namaha

9. darklionarts

Ratings:
    +8
    This is a general Kali mantra for relief from difficult circumstances.

Om Klim Kalika-yei Namaha

[Om kleem kah-lee-kah-yea Nahm-ah-hah]

translation:

"Om and salutations- I attract she who is dark and powerful."

I'm still working on/with this one. The way I understand mantras you have to make 125,000 repetitions in order to "seat" a mantra in the heart. This process is called Mantra Siddhi-The Sanskrit word siddhi has many meanings: perfection, accomplishment, success, psychic or occult power, and vital energy. Thus, mantra siddhi means 'the achievement of particular perfection through the process of chanting mantras'.

peace

10. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

I HEARD OF THE 125,000 REPS ALSO BUT... I FIND IN THIS DAY AND TIME NOT SO. I STARTED THE "KLEEM" MANTRA LIKE A MONTH AGO AND A FEMALE WHO I REALLY NEVER SPOKE TOO BUT BEEN WANTING TO TALK TO IS NOW ALL IN MY GRILL.

EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!