Black Spirituality Religion : Manna

Lexy

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 27, 2003
Cambridge, England
Occupation
Mother , Student, Admin assistant
Hey people, I'm normally a sit back and read person here but recently I heard something really interesting and wanted to hear your opinion.

Basically, I was listening to a clip on the internet and a lecturer was talking about the manna the Isrealites were told to pick up and eat. According to this guy, he reckons that the word manna means 'what is this' (I could be mistaken) and that manna is actually small mushrooms. He also said that certain mushrooms when eaten can open up a pathway to communicate to the Most High.

Anybody else ever heard of this?

There was book written about this subject by Dr. John Marco Allegro, one of the foremost scholars in Ancient Semitic languages and Hebrew dialects. It is said, that he actually lost his faith while working on the Dead Sea Scrolls translations.

But not to digress away from your query, here is a quick snippet of info about Dr. Allegro and his book:

“In 1970, Allegro wrote his most controversial book, The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross, voicing his opinion that Christian religion was based on a cult practicing frequent drug-use (psychedelic mushrooms) and sex. He theorized that Jesus' last words on the cross were not a lament to God but “a paean of praise to the god of the mushroom” (Skepticfiles.org - John Allegro). This book in itself started a cult.”

Sun Ship said:
There was book written about this subject by Dr. John Marco Allegro, one of the foremost scholars in Ancient Semitic languages and Hebrew dialects. It is said, that he actually lost his faith while working on the Dead Sea Scrolls translations.

But not to digress away from your query, here is a quick snippet of info about Dr. Allegro and his book:

“In 1970, Allegro wrote his most controversial book, The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross, voicing his opinion that Christian religion was based on a cult practicing frequent drug-use (psychedelic mushrooms) and sex. He theorized that Jesus' last words on the cross were not a lament to God but “a paean of praise to the god of the mushroom” (Skepticfiles.org - John Allegro). This book in itself started a cult.”

Sounds like Dr Allegro has a lot of experience with "Magic Mushrooms"

SAMURAI36 said:
As usual, you haven't offered a shred of information here.

Do you know about MANNA, yes or no?

Sun Ship provided some provocative info...
Does anyone else have
insight into this seeming phenomena ???
Or are ya'll just gonna banter back & forth
and insult each other as usual ???

Peace ~