Black Spirituality Religion : Manna

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Lexy, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Lexy

Lexy Member MEMBER

Mother , Student, Admin assistant
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey people, I'm normally a sit back and read person here but recently I heard something really interesting and wanted to hear your opinion.

Basically, I was listening to a clip on the internet and a lecturer was talking about the manna the Isrealites were told to pick up and eat. According to this guy, he reckons that the word manna means 'what is this' (I could be mistaken) and that manna is actually small mushrooms. He also said that certain mushrooms when eaten can open up a pathway to communicate to the Most High.

Anybody else ever heard of this?

2. Sun Ship

Sun Ship Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +39
    There was book written about this subject by Dr. John Marco Allegro, one of the foremost scholars in Ancient Semitic languages and Hebrew dialects. It is said, that he actually lost his faith while working on the Dead Sea Scrolls translations.

But not to digress away from your query, here is a quick snippet of info about Dr. Allegro and his book:

“In 1970, Allegro wrote his most controversial book, The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross, voicing his opinion that Christian religion was based on a cult practicing frequent drug-use (psychedelic mushrooms) and sex. He theorized that Jesus' last words on the cross were not a lament to God but “a paean of praise to the god of the mushroom” (Skepticfiles.org - John Allegro). This book in itself started a cult.”

3. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    Sounds like Dr Allegro has a lot of experience with "Magic Mushrooms"

4. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    As usual, you haven't offered a shred of information here.

Do you know about MANNA, yes or no?

5. Akilah

Akilah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Scheduling Coordinator for large Health System
    Ratings:
    +36
    Sun Ship provided some provocative info...
    Does anyone else have
    insight into this seeming phenomena ???
    Or are ya'll just gonna banter back & forth
    and insult each other as usual ???

Peace ~

6. IssaEl21

IssaEl21 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Hello

I'm writeing A Thread On This ReSEARCHING FEW MORE THING So They Can Have A Better OverStanding .. ...Ok Nobigthing :geek:

7. Akilah

Akilah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Scheduling Coordinator for large Health System
    Ratings:
    +36
    Thank you IssaEl21, I look forward to reading your thread.

Peace ~

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    sounds like some churches I've heard about.......... :slobber:

9. Lexy

Lexy Member MEMBER

Mother , Student, Admin assistant
    Ratings:
    +0

Thanks, I look forward to reading it. I thought I wasnt going to hear anything about it.

10. IssaEl21

IssaEl21 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    What Is Manna ?

Manna from Heaven ( Exodus 16;15 ) what was Manna , Was it A Sandwich ? Was it A Chicken Sandwich ? Was it Corn on the Cob , Spinach . or Rice , which people usually Eat ? Was it the proper amount of Nourishment that the human body needs ? Was it A Well-Balanced Meal ? Did it meet , What we are calling today , The U,S,D,A , Recommended Daily Allowance ? What is Manna ? It is A Kind of Mildew . Bacteria , Or Fungus Like A Mushroom ,

Manna in the Aramic / Hebrew language is called Mawn meaning '' What Is This '' That is because The Israelites had no Idea of what it was that was falling from the sky with the morning dew until Moses explained to them that what they were seeing was The '' Bread '' given to them by God ( Exodus 16;15 ) .

Exodus 18;15 ( Modern Hebrew Script ) And I Quote ; And when the < Bane < children of
    < Yis - Raw - Ale > Israel < Raw - Aw > saw it . They < Aw -Mar > said from A < Eesh > male-living-being to < Awkh > A Brother it is < Mawn > Manna for they do not < Yaw-Dah > know < Maw > What it was and < Mo-Sheh > Moses < Aw-Mar > said unto them < Hoo > This is the < Lekh-Em > Bread < Ash-Er > Which Yahuwa Have < Naw-Than > Given you to
    < Ok-Law > Eat ...

And When The Children Of Israel . Jacob's Sons And Daughters , Saw It , They Said From One Male Living Being To His Brother , It Is Manna , Which Is Mushroom ; For They Don't Know What It Was , And Moses Said To Them , This Is The Bread Which Yahuwa Has Give You To Eat

In this quote , Manna is referred to as Bread . The word used for Bread in this quote is '' Lekhem '' < Aramic > meaning '' Bread , Food , Grain . '' Now , This Same , '' Lekhem '' < Aramic > Is Used In Genesis 18;5 , When Abraham Fetched A '' Morsel Of Bread '' For His Visitors . If you use the word Lekhem for bread in Exodus 16;14 , for Manna which is supposed to be some type of Miracle food from God , And the same word is used for Bread in Genesis 18;5 when Abraham was giving his visitors some Bread ( Lekhem < Aramic )

Why is it such a big deal when it comes to the Children of Israel , When I Can Find 7 Other Quotes In The Bibles That Use The Same Word Such As Genesis 21;14 , 25;34 , 27;17, 28;20 , Deut 8;9 ,Ps 105;40 , And Ruth 2;14 , It was nothing Miraculous about the Bread in these quotes so why is it , Mystical in Exodus 16;14 ? If this was Special Bread From Heaven , According To Christians Belief ,

Then shouldn't there have been another Name or Meaning . Exodus 16;14 , Is A Contradiction In Itself Because Manna Is Referred To As Bread When In Actuality , It Isn't .
    Manna is mentioned in The New Testament on Five Different Accounts . . On Three Accounts , It's Referred To As Just '' Man'nah '' < Greek > Which Was Derived From The Aramic / Hebrew '' Mawn '' < Aramic > Meaning '' What Is It '' , Hebrew 9;4 , Revealtion 2;17 , And John 6;49 , And On 2 Other Accounts , It Is Referred To As Bread In John 6;31, 49-50,58 .

John 6;31,58 ( Aramic / Hebrew ) And I Quote ; Our Father Did Eat Manna In The Desert ; According As It Is Written , He Gave Them Bread From Orion Skies To Eat ;.... This Is That Bread Which Came Down From The Orion Skies ; Not According As Your Fathers Did Eat Mannah , And Are Dead ; He That Eats Of This Bread Shall Live Into Forever ( Will Have Everlasting Life ) .

The Greek word being used in these quotes for bread is '' Artos '' meaning '' Bread , Loaf '' , Which is the same word being used in Various quotes Throughout The New Testament
    Matthew 4;4 , 6;11 , 7;9 .. Just to name a few for regular Bread , nothing Mystical Or Special . You Mean To Tell Me God Does Not Know The Difference Between Manna And Bread , His Own Creations . ( According To Exodus 16;31 , Manna Was Liken Unto A Coriander Seed ) .

Exodus 16;31 ( Modern Hebrew Script ) And I Quote ; And The House Of Israel , Jacob's Sons , Called The Name Tthereof Manna And It Was Like ( Coriander Seed ) White And The Taste Of It Was Like Wafers Made With Honey .

Notice that it say '' Like '' The Coriander Seed . According To The American Heritage Dictionary , Like Means ;...
    Like 1, Possessing the characteristics of ; Resembling Closely ; Similar To .
    The Hebrew word in that quote , is '' Gad and the word for Seed that is used is Zerah meaning '' Offspring '' ( Now According To The American Heritage Dictionary '' Coriander Is ) ..

Co'Ri'An'Der 1. And Aromatic Annual Eurasian Herb ( Coriandrum Sativum ) In The Parsley Family . Having Parsley Like Leaves And Umbels Of Tiny White To Pinkish Flowers . It Is Cultvated For Its Edible Fruits , Leafy Shoots . And Roots . 2. The Fresh , Young . Leafy Plantlets Of This Herb . Used In Salads And Various Dishes As A Flavoring And Garnish . Also Called Chinses Parsley , Cilantro . 3 . The Seedlike Fruit Of This Plant , Used Whole Or Ground As A Flavoring For Food And As A Seasoning , As In Curry Powder .

Note that Coriander does not resemble Bread in any form or fashion . Bread is made from flour which is from wheat . The Coriander Is An Herb . They are from Two Totally Different sources , Manna is described in The Book '' Aid To Bible UnderStanding '' . By The Watchtower Society , Known are the Jehovah's Witnesses , As '' A White Like Coriander Seed And Had The LQQk Of Bdellium Gum , A Waxlike And Transparent Substance Having A Form That Resembles Pearl .

Wouldn't The God , Who Created The Human Body , Know That Manna Doesn't Have All The Necessary Vitamins And Mineral Needed To Function Properly ? Especially Since They Were Doing A Lot Of Walking ? The Human Body Requires At Least 2,000 Calories Daily . Minerals Are Necessary To Maintain The Composition Of The Digestive Juices And The Fluids That Are Found In And Around The Body Cells . Vitamins Are Also Essential For Good Health And Stability . ( The Human Body Cannot Manufacture Vitamins . And Has To Depends On Food To Supply Them , From All Seven Food Groups , Not Just Manna . )

The First of the seven food groups consist of Meat , Poultry , Fish , Eggs , Dried Beans ,
    < Manna doesn't fit in this category > .
    The Second food group consist of Leafy , Green , And Yellow Vegetables , < Manna fits into this category of vegetation >
    The Third .food group consist of Citrus Fruits , Raw Cabbage , Salad Greens , And Tomatoes , < Manna doesn't fit in this category > .
    The Fourth food group consist of Potatoes , And Other Vegetables And Non - Citrus Fruits , < Manna doesn't fit in this category > .
    The Fifth food group consist of Bread , Breakfast Cereals , And Flour . < Manna doesn't fit in this category > .
    The Sixth food group consist of Butter And Fortified Margarine < Manna doesn't fit in this category > .
    The Seven food group consist of Milk , And Milk Products . < Manna doesn't fit in this category > .

Ceral Grains Provied About 70 % Of The Food Energy Consumed By Humans . And Manna Definitely Doesn't Fall In This Category , Basically . Human Obtain Most Of Their Food