Black Relationships : MANHOOD 101:Ladies, do you have one?

Dou you have a Man or Male in your life?

• I have Never had one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a male

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

darkreign

Dec 17, 2006
This is not my opinion, but the observations of another.
The same still applies.

I think it's quite accurate.
My post still applies.

Protection of family falls on both parents doesnt it?
Still this subject is subjective b\c so people would say no, it’s the man place to take that blow or that bullet, to give his life for his family.

Moreover, we arent in Africa

I’m aware of that, but you are a proponent of this opinion by someone else who has defined what makes a man and what makes a male. What if his/her opinion also said that a man can be called a man only if he meet the criteria of weighting at least 250lbs and stands 6’4 and makes 60k per yr? Would that offend your manhood?

My definition of manhood is basic, manhood is just the the period in a man life when he is no-longer a child, when he has mastered certain social skills, when he is looked upon with respect as an adult; as a man.

Here is america, our manhood has been going through a dismantelling process since our enslavement which annihilated this social status that the blackman once held. and because of this process, the concept of manhood is becoming increasingly ambiguous and elusive.

But this is for another thread, I’m getting your thread off track, I apologize for that.

Peace!

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Well, like I said....

darkreign said:
The same still applies.

My post still applies.

Still this subject is subjective b\c so people would say no, it’s the man place to take that blow or that bullet, to give his life for his family.

I’m aware of that, but you are a proponent of this opinion by someone else who has defined what makes a man and what makes a male. What if his/her opinion also said that a man can be called a man only if he meet the criteria of weighting at least 250lbs and stands 6’4 and makes 60k per yr? Would that offend your manhood?

My definition of manhood is basic, manhood is just the the period in a man life when he is no-longer a child, when he has mastered certain social skills, when he is looked upon with respect as an adult; as a man.

Here is america, our manhood has been going through a dismantelling process since our enslavement which annihilated this social status that the blackman once held. and because of this process, the concept of manhood is becoming increasingly ambiguous and elusive.

But this is for another thread, I’m getting your thread off track, I apologize for that.

Peace!
We agree to disagree

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
darkreign said:
The same still applies.

My post still applies.

Peace!
If you have a strong foundation (family, education ) If you believe in yourself. Please explain how anyone can dismantle anyones manhood so easily? I submit that the inability of females to find a decent/suitable man or raise children to manhood, has more to do with that

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Sweet Essence said:
hmmm, the good steps of a "MAN" are ordered by the Lord !

Do you have one of those?????

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
Kemetstry said:
Though I appreciate your opinion, we will agree to disagree. Manhood has some basic things to it's character. I think those have been outlined here
This is true. Our male children should not be left hanging with the advice that being a man means whatever. There are basic characteristics which if adopted will move us forward as a people. A strong collective ethic is a unifying force. It's not about the situation. A man is a thermostat. A male is a thermometer.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Good Point

river said:
This is true. Our male children should not be left hanging with the advice that being a man means whatever. There are basic characteristics which if adopted will move us forward as a people. A strong collective ethic is a unifying force. It's not about the situation. A man is a thermostat. A male is a thermometer.
I think too many sisters out here, for whatever reason(s), dont have a clue as to what a man is. Thus some of the myriad of bad decision they make in picking a mate. Too many think anything of a certain age with a third leg, qualifies. Twenty or thirty or so years ago, women were more practical. Somewhere, we lost the true meaning. It's time we get that meaning back

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
Hard to know where to begin. There is no one factor that is the sole cause of our dysfunction as a people. Maybe brotha Omo is right that we need to focus less on the causes and more on the goal. You know where you are regardless of how you got there. So focus on where you want to go and reject any message that does not help you get there. Not to rescind anything I said in the past or downplay the importance of sankofa but just to show there is another side to it.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

"And I'm feeling good."-Nina Simone
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave:
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
WooooHoooo!!! ... :yaay: :yaay: :yaay: .... Welcome Home! ... :wave: ... :heart: