Black Relationships : MANHOOD 101:Ladies, do you have one?

Dou you have a Man or Male in your life?

• I have Never had one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a male

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Ladies which is the kind of guy you currently have in your life????????

Are You A Male Or A Man

Man does not carry a grudge
Male looks for ways to get even
Man looks to better himself; he invests in his success
Male complains that he has to stay where he is
Man gives to his community
Male takes from his community
Man is measured by his character
Male is measured by his sex drive
Man is a protector of women in general and committed to one woman in particular
Male views a woman as an object of pleasure, and isn't committed to anything!
Man word is his bond
Male has no word, he will tell you what you want to hear
Man A Real man is a leader

Male is a follower

Man thinks with is big head
Male thinks with his little head
Man uses his intellect and emotions to make decisions
Male makes emotional decisions

Males Are Born

Men Are Made
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

darkreign

Dec 17, 2006
imo, this subject is subjective. a man/male is different things to different people.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
darkreign said:
imo, this subject is subjective. a man/male is different things to different people.

Though I appreciate your opinion, we will agree to disagree. Manhood has some basic things to it's character. I think those have been outlined here

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
spicybrown said:
Absolutely!

Are you saying you currently have one that fits the categories outlined?

darkreign

Dec 17, 2006
@ kemestry

I’m not disagreeing with you, and I respect your opinion. I’m just pointing out that these things are what “you feel” is the difference between a man and a male. It’s like defining who and what is black. Some people think you aren’t black if you don’t eat pigfeet and chittlins.

You said “Manhood has some basic things to it's character”, but you failed to add “protector of his family” which many people will and do see as being a man.

In some African cultures you only become a man by going through some kind of ritual ceremony, until then you are seen as a child.

But like I said, this is subjective b\c another person’s list may be longer /shorter.

Peace!!

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
darkreign said:
@ kemestry

I’m not disagreeing with you, and I respect your opinion. I’m just pointing out that these things are what “you feel” is the difference between a man and a male. It’s like defining who and what is black. Some people think you aren’t black if you don’t eat pigfeet and chittlins.

You said “Manhood has some basic things to it's character”, but you failed to add “protector of his family” which many people will and do see as being a man.

In some African cultures you only become a man by going through some kind of ritual ceremony, until then you are seen as a child.

But like I said, this is subjective b\c another person’s list may be longer /shorter.

Peace!!

This is not my opinion, but the observations of another. I think it's quite accurate. Protection of family falls on both parents doesnt it? Moreover, we arent in Africa

cursed heart

Jan 12, 2006
darkreign said:
@ kemestry

Peace!!
Those ceremonies are much needed for our youth today.

Countdown to our 22nd Year ...

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
Hi Beloved! I've added Twitter and Facebook to destee.com - hoping it helps me pay closer attention to them both ... *sigh* ... we shall see ... :D ... :love:
Destee wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
MY $$RICH$$NESSSSSS!!!! ... :yaay: :yaay: :yaay:
butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!
Destee wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :love: :yaay: :kiss: :yaay: :love: