Black People : MANDELA SLAMS 'YOUNG LEADERS' BUSH AND BLAIR...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Aqil, Jul 13, 2003.

1. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    LONDON - Nelson Mandela said on Friday he was "pained" by British Prime Minister Tony Blair's waging war on Iraq, Britain's Mirror newspaper reported.

In an astonishing attack on the Prime Minister and U.S. President George Bush, he said in London: "To see young political leaders of the developed world act in ways that undermine some of the noblest attempts of humanity to deal with historical legacies, pains me greatly and makes me worry immensely about our future."

Mandela condemned the two leaders for riding roughshod over international law by acting alone. In a bitter swipe, he added: "We have a common obligation to care for each other, particularly in conditions that foster behavior to the contrary."

Click Here To Read The Story In Its Entirety

Reuters

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Excellent piece!!! Thank you again, Aqil. Mandela's message is clear and correct in my opinion. These acts of aggression are not only about political differences...he is so right! Africans should not be blinded and fooled by what appears to be a generous and supportive hand of the Bush administration. "Beware of the man who comes bearing gifts." Once again the Europeans step foot on African soil to do what they do best--implement the 3 C's: Civilize, Consume and Control--and we welcome them with open arms. What are we trading for this time? Does Africa really believe that the white man has changed any? Why is it that whereever there's a European on this planet, there's chaos? (Oops, there's another "C"!)

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    I agree that it is an excellent piece, but i wonder why it's posted here without the owner's permission.

You know the rules Aqil, why do you keep doing this?

:heart:

Destee

4. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Destee:

The article was e-mailed to me. It is from Reuters.com.uk, the British affiliate of the U.S. Reuters news service...I'll delete it if you wish...

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Aqil ... no Member should add content to the site that does not belong to them, unless they have included the owner's permission for it to be posted here.

When we don't have permission, we are allowed to add a few lines of the property and link to where it can be read in its entirety.

We must respect what belongs to others if we want others to respect what belongs to us.

Anything other than this is breaking the rules and should be removed.

Thanks.

Destee
    Forum Rules

6. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    I attempted to delete the thread and got a "you do not have permission to access this page" bulletin. Please advise...

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Aqil ... i went and found the story, replaced much of your post with a link to where it can be read in its entirety, instead of deleting the whole thing ... all is well now.

Destee

8. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    So Reuters.com.uk got the story from International On Line (IOL), which is a prominent South African periodical...

Great work Destee...

Thanks...:)