The Front Porch : Mandatiing the flu shot

I've known a handful of healthcare workers who declined vaccs because it made them ill.

The flu vacc is 'poison'?
That's a stretch....

Are you in healthcare or...do you work in an occupation where you're frequently exposed to communicable diseases, elders, children and the 'immunocompromised'?

I'm a nurse and I've declined flu shots before...because I work 3-4 PRN gigs at a time.
Once... is enough. *laugh*

I do get my flu vaccs, though. Not really for myself, though.
...for the 'safety' of my patients, rather. For the sake of 'herd immunity'.

I don't pretend to believe that any vacc is completely 'safe', though.
There are always risks.
*shrug*
Now, I'm not exactly sure how much it helps. But... it can't exactly hurt, either.*shrug*
There are no guarantees...besides death and taxes.
Nothing is 100% effective.
Not birth control. Not even handwashing...but we still encourage aggressive handwashing to stop the spread of infection.

I do have a problem with 'mandatory' flu vaccs, though.
On principle....

Greetings,

I appreciate your comment. I must say it could sound like a stretch when you don't know much about it. The flu shot contains methanol and other metals and its designed to weaken your immune system, of course with some people it doesn't matter because they probably eat well. Also it has more to do with money than helping patients. I am however happy to say my boss is going to war over this and I do not believe I am getting fired, very relieved right now, but sad fot the people that have already been terminated. Talked to one of them today.

Mahogany

Greetings,
I was brought to destee.com by purpose a couple of months prior. I thirst information/knowledge and have enjoyed every minute on here. I will say I am newly developing and trying to deprogram myself so bare with me, it is because of this that I was a bit intimidating to post or reply. I am trying to move past this. At my job they are mandating the flu shot and I am against it. I wanted to know if anyone knew of any resources where I can argue against this poison? Any advice or comments would be appreciated. Thanks

Mahogany
They first mandated the flu shot by 'lawful general order' when i was in the military and i refused the shot, have never had the so-called 'flu' and they actually tried to court marshall me for refusing to allow that poison in my body. I was successfully defending myself when they saw fit to provide me with 'my' lawyer(laughable). I let them know that i had never had the flu, did not know what was in those needles that make one sick after getting the shot and i had never missed any time off work from 'flu'. And that if it so happens that i get sick why would my sick leave not cover it??? Also in lieu of getting the shot i would forfeit any pay as a result of lost time due to the ''flu'...i hope this helps you because this flu thing is irrational madness...

Greetings,
I was brought to destee.com by purpose a couple of months prior. I thirst information/knowledge and have enjoyed every minute on here. I will say I am newly developing and trying to deprogram myself so bare with me, it is because of this that I was a bit intimidating to post or reply. I am trying to move past this. At my job they are mandating the flu shot and I am against it. I wanted to know if anyone knew of any resources where I can argue against this poison? Any advice or comments would be appreciated. Thanks

Mahogany

Religious objection exempts one from many mandates.

The first thing I would ask concerning any mandate is what are the cases of exclusion?

They will exist, but don't expect them to broadcast that during the sales pitch.

I been having problems posting on this site but the only exemption is being allergic to eggs and some other dairy products( in which they have the test to determine it), also having some disease(in which you need a diagnosis from a Dr), forgot the name. I still am employed and its been a month past the deadline. thanks for y'all comment. I do not believe my job is secure but I did stop stressing about it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back