The Front Porch : Mandatiing the flu shot

Discussion in 'The Front Porch' started by MahoganyUnique, Nov 17, 2012.

1. MahoganyUnique

MahoganyUnique Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +151
    Greetings,
    I was brought to destee.com by purpose a couple of months prior. I thirst information/knowledge and have enjoyed every minute on here. I will say I am newly developing and trying to deprogram myself so bare with me, it is because of this that I was a bit intimidating to post or reply. I am trying to move past this. At my job they are mandating the flu shot and I am against it. I wanted to know if anyone knew of any resources where I can argue against this poison? Any advice or comments would be appreciated. Thanks

Mahogany

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    :hello: MahoganyUnique ... :welcome1: :welcome: :welcome1:

Thanks for joining us and sharing! I'm glad you didn't let the intimidation keep you out! :grouphug2:

We're really very loving, and will help if we can, by answering your questions.

Personally, i have no answers, but it seems considerably invasive ... frightening even.

I didn't like when they started requiring bodily fluids to get or keep a job ... and it seems worse now.

Bless your heart, i hope you find answers that can help you remain employed and in control of your body and being, all at the same time ... :injured:

Please make yourself right at home, because you are.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

3. Proverbs31Woman

Proverbs31Woman Be kinder than necessary! MEMBER

Ratings:
    +877
    First, welcome MahoganyUnique:hi: ! I can understand your concern and the answer is yes and no. There isn't a federal mandate that prohibits employers from terminating employment on this basis. Many States have used the smallpox cases to justify their decisions to require the flue vaccination. However, since then, the National Vaccine Information Center defends informed consent, and there is a shift where many employers are now offering an opt out option for medical OR religious reasons, however, there will be some precautions that the employee would need to adhere to, like wearing a mask during the flu season. However, this option isn't mandated, so you would want to check with your Human Resources department.

Hope this helps--enjoy your stay :)

4. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043

What is the basis of your concern/reluctance regarding the flu shot?

5. MahoganyUnique

Ratings:
    +151
    Greetings Queen,

Thank you so much for your kind words for this is really stressing me. I am not sure how to navigate the site just yet but I will try. I am potentially in danger of losing my job because the deadline was Friday and I still have not took it. I was giving an exemption letter and told to write something regarding why I am not getting the flu shot. I feel like I'm getting raped, and no longer free, in which I kno I am not anyways but this is a rude awakening.

Thanks again for your reply, I am very excited to learn more.

Mahogany

6. MahoganyUnique

Ratings:
    +151
    Greetings,

As my understanding they did this last year but it changed this year. Thank you for your words. I am going to research the National vaccine information center to see about my state in particular. We were told that we couldn't be exempt due to religous beliefs which, to me is crazy cause you telling me I can't practice my religion and in doing so I am getting terminated. I am not the only one at my job, there are others also but at this point I am seeking further employment but I may be able to write something saying it can be detrimental to my health.

Thank you again sister,

Mahogany

7. MahoganyUnique

Ratings:
    +151

Greetings,

I am reluctant because I am natural from my head down to my toes. I am very conscious about what I put in my body and this is an injection that has been proven to be ineffective. Not only that how many flu's exist and which one am I getting vaccinated for? I'm just saying anything that is being mandated in this form is very suspect besides what's in it already. I ve read in many cases that it contains unnatural poisons and I will not fall in line. I refuse. Excuse me for I am a bit upset cause I really need this job.

Hope this answers your question.

Mahogany

8. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    I've never heard of a job with a flu-shot requirement.. outside the military that is.. so, I'm not sure if it's legal.. but being right while unemployed is over-rated experience. Talk to HR.. see if you can work it out. Keep your cool.. and keep a copy of all communications related to the shot requirement just in case you need them later (in court).

Are they requiring you to have the shot on site? or can you go to your own doctor?

9. MahoganyUnique

Ratings:
    +151
    I can go anywhere but that isn't my concern. I am not getting it. I will try and keep my cool but I have just recently moved here so I haven't established a pcp in which I could get a form or letter stating that the flu shot may cause complications with my health. I am more concerned about what's in the flu shot and this sense of urgency.I was hoping to reach out to someone with info about what the flu shot contains and/or my rights to be exempt due to religous beliefs. HR do not really have the info I need and if so they not going to tell me. This hospital employs hundreds of people and I was thinking they may have been bluffing. Not sure yet though.

10. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    well.. good luck.. hope it works out..

and don't forget to ask The All Seeing Eye: http://www.google.com