Black People : man man we were beautiful! : Wattstax 1973

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by skuderjaymes, Jul 24, 2014.

1. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
  2. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Thanx! Glad to be able to access this video anytime I want, now. I saw it on PBS a while ago and it is as you said: beautiful.

3. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    I was just looking at the video - full screen. Man! I had to leave it midway (taking my breath away!). Talk about days gone by, talk about black folk coming together, talk about the beauty of our race in looks, style, words, song.... Sing a song!

People who talk smack about there's no diff between now and back in the day NEED to check out this video. They won't hardly recognize these black people! I mean, you can feel the hope, you can see the pride in the purposeful way they walk, how they talk and the confidence in how they move. Bruthas not playing macho games, but bein' fa real and bad azzzz at the same time. Sistas lookin beautiful with their big fluffy naturals, sistas lookin all secure, demure, cradling babies in their arms like precious cargo knowing they're protected by any and every brutha in a crowd of thousands! Trash talk, but no hard talk, you can see (a thousand miles away and 40 years later!), you can feel the brotherhood where movie and TV stars come together with the brutha on the corner as equals and tell it like it is! Pimp-walking and big hats on MEN taking care of bid-ness! Not one "dependent" with a hand out, er'body 'takin charge.' It was our people lookin good, dressin fly and on the move.

I'll get back to it. In bits. It's a brand new world out here. Such sights, sounds, attitudes, beauty, and the camaraderie of brotherhood have fled the black community into history. I wasn't there, but geez, I wish, I wish, I wish....

4. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Oh Wow! A thousand thanks!!!!! Oh My God! Oh! I love the afros! Richard Pryor is so funny! I laughed so hard listening to his description of the combined N___ tribe! We have been so exploited. I watched 20 minutes and plan to return. I glanced through the whole video and did not see one elevated White woman so, I supposed this film depicts the time right before all of those TV shows pushed up the Great White woman to be cast alongside Black men.

5. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952

It's a documentary, CD of a time and place that seems like wonderland these days. Trust, you will LOVE the rest. I saw it a couple years ago on PBS and was glued to my seat, eyes bucking and mouth salivating for a concert I never attended.

6. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043

don't take it for granted that it will be there on youtube... things disappear all the time.. hint hint.. http://keepvid.com/