Law Forum : Man Jailed for Child Support Even Though He Doesn’t Have Any Kids?

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by ckoolbreez, Apr 25, 2012.

1. ckoolbreez

ckoolbreez Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +39

In this video from the Southern Center for Human Rights, they speak of gross human rights violations in the child support system. Thousands of people, most of them African American, are being jailed for the inability to pay child support or not having a job. The video is below:

"

2. houserunner

houserunner Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    It's an intricate scheme that the government has for programs to keep their portion of the government sustained and relevant. They do not care what the situation is, they just like to find a way to milk you if they can, there is no justice it's just them getting money any way they can under the guise of justice. If they cannot get the money from you due to you not being able to afford it, they throw you in the true American profit centers... jail or prison, because the penal system in this country is big business so they get theirs no matter what.

Not related to child support, but related to shadiness of the law, and could possibly lead to another conversation but I will state it here anyway. I remember a while back, when I was ignorant to the world a.k.a. young and dumb I was charged for a crime I did not do and I had evidence to prove against such and wanted to prove myself with said evidence but thanks to my family pulling together and getting me an attorney and that attorney advising me to hold off until the prosecution and investigators thinking they had a slam dunk case with their lazy ***** and bring in the evidence in later for the trial so that they would have egg on their faces. That worked because the prosecution looked at the situation and saw a young black male and a potentially all white jury and thought that no true investigation was warranted. They'd get their conviction, another notch in their column to advance their career and get another "one of them" in the system.

Well once the evidence was brought forth into the trial then you seen investigation like you have never seen before as they knew they were screwed and were looking for angles yet the evidence was absolute and they did not have a pot to piss in. In retrospect I commend my attorney for his guile even though at the time I knew i was innocent and wanted it out there he had stated that throwing the evidence out there to the other side would give them a chance to shape their side to counteract my facts on the matter to pull the wool over the jury's eye, although I know even with family a lot cannot afford appropriate representation as stated in the clip.

I was suckered in as a youth to thinking prosecution was about justice and was quickly tuned in to that it is truly about conviction rate and career advancement first and if they help out the true victims in that process, then that was a bonus.

Look at how you see these interviews with prosecutors that were confronted with smoking gun evidence against their charges against the wrongly convicted, they still go on about how they still believe how the one they persecuted were still guilty or had to have something to do with the crime.

This system is extremely sick and the interweavings prove as such. Sorry for my rambling, this just brought me back to those days and I tend to hate posting novels.

3. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    I addressed this in "Debtors Prison"

4. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    if you consider all of these injustices in isolation, you might get the idea that it's just about this particular judge in this particular county.. but when you connect the dots between the judges, cops, politicians, businessmen and educators.. you get a very clear picture of the assault against black people in america. Being jailed for not having work in a down economy seems ridiculous but its only ridiculous if you don't understand whats happening.. and what has been happening for hundreds of years in America. This nation was built on brutality and slavery.. and it is sustained by brutality and slavery.

5. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    forced poverty.. human nature.. birds and bees.. little babies.. government "help".. lock em up.. get that per-inmate fee from the state.. contract out his labor and get that contract-fee from private businesses.. juice is still running.. get out of jail.. can't find a job cause you been to jail.. go right back.. cycle continues until you crack or flip and graduate to real time in the penitentiary.. get out.. not really giving a ####.. can't get a job.. can't leave the county.. child support juice been running the whole time.. you find a job.. state takes you whole check.. fall into crime.. get caught.. back to the pen.. this is what re-enslavement looks like. Same thing they did after Reconstruction.

6. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Unbelievable.

But this has been going on for so long and is probably only coming out because it's beginning to cross racial lines and gender lines. more prevalently. They won't educate and give us adequate jobs, and then lock people up because of hate, not because they won't work. They don't want us to be apart of this system...that was created at our total expense...Christianity and all...that was the reason...wasn't it...for bringing us over here...Now they pushed it on us, and now, they don't want us to partake of the system that was created...at our total expense. smh.

They've been using Black women to punish and lock up Black men...out of hate for reproducing Black children...now, they are going after Black women, young Black women and forcing them to take underpayed jobs that don't require much education and then railroading them...fining them, and etc...the children are being bereaved from their mothers and funds and stuck with aunt, grandma, and whoever else...and the young mothers are too young to really know how they will be constantly drugged into a system that they can't win against. Their paychecks will be carved up...and they willhave to decide on whether to get their hair done, or get their kids foods for real this time...They will be turned against their mothers, sisters and etc. for the state will take their money and give it to others...

My situation was a bit different, my mother did me in, and the state garnished both my husbands and my paycheck for child support and gave it to her because she filed for foster care to keep my babies against my will... but after years of fighting and proving that we were victims of false allegations...they gave us our children back...but kept garnishing our paychecks for the money they gave to my mother for those years...We just were able to pay it back...and only God know how.

This has been going on for many, many decades...Debtors Prison...it's just now coming out because this system is going after others now, not just Black men. This is the kind of government we got in 2008, and it is just implementing newer policies since that time that are allowing them to go after others. That's what I think is happening.

7. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Perhaps it would behoove people to know just what they are getting into with administrative courts such as divorce court and family courts?

Perhaps it would behoove people to know exacly what a license is?

Perhaps it would behoove people to learn how not to "contract" with government?
    Perhaps it would behoove people to learn how not to volunteer?

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    this is terrible ... thanks for sharing

:heart:

Destee