Black People : Man is an animal

Enensa Aunghk said:
There are several underlying assumptions in the statements which I'd like to talk about before the conversation can move on:

1. From observation we can clearly perceive that apes and humans are not the same. And who came up with the idea that Humans are animals? Obviously a human being is comprised of faculties which "animals" do not possess, so shouldn't humans be classified in a different category?

2. That idea also rests on the assumption that the totality of what you are, a human being, is what you perceive and what can be measured. There are aspects of your consciousness that are able to influence molecules ard processes beyond your own body. Einstein proved that when he noticed that depending on how subatomic particles are observed, they behave differently. Depending on the expectations of the observer, the subatomic particles' behaviors can be modified.

2. "Evolution" has not been proven to be a goal oriented process where the "negative" mutations are deleted from gene pools in favor of "positivie" ones. What determines such values? If your answer is that the environment determines what genes are "positive", I question that also. Genes are not just affected by heredity. And changes in genes do not directly singlehanded translate in enhanced ability to survive. We know that exposure to environmental factors, aging, viruses, just for example also affect genes. What about the interdependence between different species or classes of animals?
"Survival of the fittest" as a concept to explain life must be re examined.

Very good post! We must also note and question the question of...."evolution and degeneration". Is man evolving or degenerating? Have animals evolved or degenerated? It is easier to subtract than it is to add simply on the basis that to subtract requires no action or input at all. if you want to physically or mentally deteriorate it's very simple...you simply don't exercise the mind or body. If you want to grow it requires an action or exercise on our part to do so. Change or incorrect change will also bring degeneration about. So what do we have here?

We have the fact that we now have shorter life spans, that we have illnesses, that we are less spiritual, that we had abilities which are now dormant or sleeping, that we were once in harmony with the universe as opposed to being at conflict with it. The list could go on and on but the question here is this: Does some of the things I just mentioned sound like we came from a lower state of being (evolution) to a higher state of being...or does it sound as if we came from a higher state of being to a lower one...thus {degeneration)? So where is this evolution that the white man has been teaching about?

I'll tell you where it is. It is with him that evolution exist....for as a result of the input of other peoples and other cultures, meaning that "addition has taken place", they have evolved from the real beast that they were into something that at least boarders on being human. We on the other hand have by force been subtracted from our reality and the results of that subtraction is evident in the equation that history now reveals us to be in on a global basis. End of Game! CheckMate!!

1. From observation we can clearly perceive that apes and humans are not the same. And who came up with the idea that Humans are animals? Obviously a human being is comprised of faculties which "animals" do not possess, so shouldn't humans be classified in a different category?

Gorrilas are not the same as orangutans, even bonobo chimpanzees are very different from common chimpanzees. We are not the same species and we are not the same genus but humans, orangutans, gorillas and chimpanzees are all part of the same great ape family (properly known as Hominidae). You would be surprised at how complex bonobo society is and how deeply emotional and intelligent they are. What sets humans apart from the other animals is that we are the most intelligent species on the planet but intelligence is relative and, like I said, this intelligence is the result of natural selection, not hard work. Non-human apes (certain species), dolphins, elephants and even rats are considered (by scientists) as being self-aware which means they can recognize their reflection in the mirror and think about the fact that they can think (metacognition).

2. That idea also rests on the assumption that the totality of what you are, a human being, is what you perceive and what can be measured. There are aspects of your consciousness that are able to influence molecules ard processes beyond your own body. Einstein proved that when he noticed that depending on how subatomic particles are observed, they behave differently. Depending on the expectations of the observer, the subatomic particles' behaviors can be modified.

Materialism (the idea that our existence is completely material and that our environment is completely material) is not an assumption, there is no empirical evidence for any supernatural phenomenon (be it God, the idea of an immaterial/ immortal 'soul', ghosts, the boogeyman etc.). As I said in the other thread (Black atheists), our consciousnes is a neurological process conducted by our brains, our emotions are chemicals produced by our brains, our existence is completely material.

2. "Evolution" has not been proven to be a goal oriented process where the "negative" mutations are deleted from gene pools in favor of "positivie" ones. What determines such values? If your answer is that the environment determines what genes are "positive", I question that also. Genes are not just affected by heredity. And changes in genes do not directly singlehanded translate in enhanced ability to survive. We know that exposure to environmental factors, aging, viruses, just for example also affect genes. What about the interdependence between different species or classes of animals?

"Survival of the fittest" as a concept to explain life must be re examined.

Evolution is testable and observable, there is undeniable evidence for it (both genetic testing and fossils). Can you provide any empirical evidence for any alternative theory as to how we came to exist?

For the record (in regards to your last sentence), I don't believe in any type of social Darwinianism.

TymeFlyz247 said:
You know,I don't understand some of these responses.Not just on this discussion either.I want to learn and be taught.But, I could of swore the title the page is.."We Are About Loving, Encouraging, Embracing, Teaching and Building With Our People. No Hate Allowed." Some of the things are said on these discussion forum are not within these guide lines.I'm starting to feel like I made a real mistake by giving energy into this site.
I don't family........talk to me.

Was there something said in this thread that made you feel it was outside of the guide lines you mentioned? I didn't feel that way at all in this thread which is why I'm asking. I don't think you've made a mistake by coming here and we're not perfect (yet, I'm trying though just to see where it leads :run: :) ) so if you see something wrong respectfully just point it out. Just make sure we know where you're pointing at.

peace

get yr facts right please...

Enensa Aunghk said:
There are aspects of your consciousness that are able to influence molecules and processes beyond your own body. Einstein proved that when he noticed that depending on how subatomic particles are observed, they behave differently. Depending on the expectations of the observer, the subatomic particles' behaviors can be modified.
this is simply not the case. that is not what einstein said.
he said the act of measurement or observation.
he did not say the thought.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back