Black People : Man charged in beating dead of girlfriend's 22-month-old boy

panafrica

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
NEW YORK (AP) -- A man has been arrested in the death of his girlfriend's 22-month-old boy who was found unconscious and badly beaten at a Bronx apartment, police said Thursday.

Police said Shamel Adams, 28, was charged with second-degree murder and manslaughter.

On Wednesday night, Nicole Freeman, 27, said she left her two sons with Adams. When she returned home, she discovered one of her sons - Dee Jay Ellijah - was unresponsive, police said.

The boy was taken to St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, where he was pronounced dead about thirty minutes later.

"I can't believe it," Freeman told the New York Times. "I can't believe he punched him like that. He killed my son."

A spokeswoman for the medical examiner's office told the Times the boy died from internal injuries, including lacerations to his liver and intestines

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...-?SITE=NYNYD&SECTION=MIDEAST&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I've been hearing about and reading about too many cases like this one. The sexual abuse, physical abuse, and murder of children by their mother's boyfriends is another causalty of the destruction of the 2 parent home in the African American community. Far too often sisters are willing to let anything be in their home and around their children just so they can have "a man". Our children are being left in a vulnerable position, and they're being taken advantage of.

panafrica said:
I've been hearing about and reading about too many cases like this one. The sexual abuse, physical abuse, and murder of children by their mother's boyfriends is another causalty of the destruction of the 2 parent home in the African American community. Far too often sisters are willing to let anything be in their home and around their children just so they can have "a man". Our children are being left in a vulnerable position, and they're being taken advantage of.

Brother Pan ... i agree, far too many babies are being hurt and killed.

I do not though, like how you've shifted the weight of this phenomena to the shoulders of Sisters.

First of all ... it is a Black Man that Fathered these children, and he is not mentioned.

Second of all ... it is a Black Man that killed this child.

Far too often it seems, after the facts are in, it's a Sister's fault.

:heart:

Destee

I think that Pan is assuming that this woman must have seen and/or felt something about this man that was dangerous. But I am going to give this woman the benefit of the doubt, and assume that she really did not have any inkling that anything like this would happen. Unless I read something to show me otherwise, I am going to assume that this woman, just like me, would kick a man so far to the curb that his head would spin, if he seemed violent and/or "crazy" in any way. What a tragedy.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Destee said:
Brother Pan ... i agree, far too many babies are being hurt and killed.

I do not though, like how you've shifted the weight of this phenomena to the shoulders of Sisters.

First of all ... it is a Black Man that Fathered these children, and he is not mentioned.

Second of all ... it is a Black Man that killed this child.

Far too often it seems, after the facts are in, it's a Sister's fault.

:heart:

Destee

Unfortunately child abuse of this kind is usually the mother. Leaving kids in harms way is fast becoming a national past time. Whether leaving them in boiling hot vehicles while your hair is being done, or just drowning them. But in this case, she only deserves part of the blame. She picked him. Maybe his point is that females continue to pick losers and bring them around their kids. And left his apparently jobless *** alone with her children. The rest is on him. Btw, if I had posted this, and please note that I NEVER posted ANYTHING like this, I would have been villified, tarred and feathered. My how things have changed. :maddd: Or, do we now see who you really like? I'm just saying.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back