Black People : Man charged in beating dead of girlfriend's 22-month-old boy

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by panafrica, Dec 23, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...-?SITE=NYNYD&SECTION=MIDEAST&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I've been hearing about and reading about too many cases like this one. The sexual abuse, physical abuse, and murder of children by their mother's boyfriends is another causalty of the destruction of the 2 parent home in the African American community. Far too often sisters are willing to let anything be in their home and around their children just so they can have "a man". Our children are being left in a vulnerable position, and they're being taken advantage of.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Pan ... i agree, far too many babies are being hurt and killed.

I do not though, like how you've shifted the weight of this phenomena to the shoulders of Sisters.

First of all ... it is a Black Man that Fathered these children, and he is not mentioned.

Second of all ... it is a Black Man that killed this child.

Far too often it seems, after the facts are in, it's a Sister's fault.

:heart:

Destee

4. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    I think that Pan is assuming that this woman must have seen and/or felt something about this man that was dangerous. But I am going to give this woman the benefit of the doubt, and assume that she really did not have any inkling that anything like this would happen. Unless I read something to show me otherwise, I am going to assume that this woman, just like me, would kick a man so far to the curb that his head would spin, if he seemed violent and/or "crazy" in any way. What a tragedy.

5. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,127
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Unfortunately child abuse of this kind is usually the mother. Leaving kids in harms way is fast becoming a national past time. Whether leaving them in boiling hot vehicles while your hair is being done, or just drowning them. But in this case, she only deserves part of the blame. She picked him. Maybe his point is that females continue to pick losers and bring them around their kids. And left his apparently jobless *** alone with her children. The rest is on him. Btw, if I had posted this, and please note that I NEVER posted ANYTHING like this, I would have been villified, tarred and feathered. My how things have changed. :maddd: Or, do we now see who you really like? I'm just saying.

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    It's disappointing that this has turned into a "blame the Sister thread," in spite of the title saying "Man Charged."

Kemetstry Dear ... this is not the time to discuss our love affair :kiss:

Destee

7. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Let me first say that none of us are SURE this Black man did this so I don't want to come to any conclusions until all the facts are laid out.

PanAfrica

Me to.
    I think it's a testimony to how immoral and ruthless our society has become.

I attribute this crisis it to drugs or some sort of poison working on the brain because no normal mind could think to do something like this.
    Even alcoholics wouldn't do that.

This is a case for the death penalty if I ever saw one.

8. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    Most strong brothers are violent on some level. I have friends that are doing pretty well and can converse with investment bankers as easily as their grandma, but if you cross some lines with them or their loved ones you will encounter a violent response.

With that said - that violence is directed externally, and in my mind entirely appropriate as long as it is.

But "Black" men cannibalizing their own by attacking our children should be called out and cut-off, period.

That's where I'm going with us trying to claim everybody as part of the black "Race" based on their skin color. If a so-called "white" person did the very thing you'd have "black" folks up in arms hollering white supremacy and racism in the beating death of a black child. A so called "black" "man" is involved and its the sister who should've kept that dangerous man away from her child.

It's HIGH time to stop making excuses for black men, especially at the expense of our sisters. We could start by defining black looking humans willing to do something horrific like this right on out of the "black" race. You're not black by genetics alone - remember?

9. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Kemetkind

You raised some good points.

I goes back to what I was saying about family structure.

If she had strong Black men closely connected to her in her family such as a father and brothers willing to defend her...I don't this would have happened in the first place for 2 reasons:

a)Her father and brothers wouldn't have let her get involved with a chump like that.

b)Homeboy would have known better than to try something like that forseeing the repercussions.

But if it DID happen, surely he would have gotten beaten within an inch of his life by the brothers or maybe even killed by the father for killing his grandson.

I'm with you in that we have to start nipping sh*t like this in the bud and taking care of the demons in our community from the jump so things don't escalate and get out of hand.

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Kemetkind ... Thank You ... :love:

Destee