Black Women : Mammy, Jezebel, Sapphire, or Queen? Stereotypes of the African-American Female

you are probably right but you have to sort thru the losers and locate the good brothers.
when you find one you take care of one another. don't lose hope and get bitter.

I'm speaking more than in just terms of romantic relationships, I hope you know. But overall, black men seem to care more for themselves than black women as a community, whether as wives, daughters, sisters, or friends, and to me, that's a huge problem that one or a few good brothas ain't gonna drown out.

It's that reason our community hits rock bottom and stays there, because we turn a blind eye to the failures instead of actually fixing them.

Does that not bother you? Because inaction certainly bothers the heck out of me. I'm not saying there's no brotha on earth, at all, that's worthwhile or cares about black women, but how does their existence fix the huge divide that black men have created between both genders?

I'm speaking more than in just terms of romantic relationships, I hope you know. But overall, black men seem to care more for themselves than black women as a community, whether as wives, daughters, sisters, or friends, and to me, that's a huge problem that one or a few good brothas ain't gonna drown out.

It's that reason our community hits rock bottom and stays there, because we turn a blind eye to the failures instead of actually fixing them.

Does that not bother you? Because inaction certainly bothers the heck out of me. I'm not saying there's no brotha on earth, at all, that's worthwhile or cares about black women, but how does their existence fix the huge divide that black men have created between both genders?

I was talking to my friend about this today. The irony of it all is whenever you see pictures of the civil rights movement, the BPP, or BLM, or you name a movement, you always see sisters in the forefront, fighting for justice for brothers. Yet, brothers are still spewing "angry black woman" stereotypes, and all the other derogatory stereotypes at us. He didn't understand why sisters go all out of their way to support AA men, while, in his words, AA men don't support us.

Now, there are some obvious complaints that sisters could dash at brothers, concerning our plight in the USA. It would be too easy. Yet, we silently take the verbal insults and abuse, and continue to love them unconditionally. But, one day somebody is gonna call them out.

the huge divide that black men have created between both genders?
if you feel this way then you have allowed the system of white supremacy to turn you against your brothers.
divide and conquer is a favorite strategy of the devils.

in the CRM we knew who the enemy was. nowadays it is less clear. the devil hides.
the system of white supremacy hates all black people.

both men and women.

Last edited:
if you feel this way then you have allowed the system of white supremacy to turn you against your brothers.
divide and conquer is a favorite strategy of the devils.

in the CRM we knew who the enemy was. nowadays it is less clear. the devil hides.
the system of white supremacy hates all black people. both men and women.

Wrong. I've been fully supportive of black men, but know many sistas who have felt lack of support from our men and feel ignored by the rest who claim they do, in fact, support us. Black men have allowed themselves to be turned against us, and what's more, refuse to fix anything because they refuse to admit anything is wrong in the first place on their part.

I don't think it's divide and conquer so much as it's black men abandoning their female counterparts, yet wanting our full support for them to do so.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back