Black Women : Mammy, Jezebel, Sapphire, or Queen? Stereotypes of the African-American Female

Hmmm... Maybe that's what he means.

One of the most insidious stereotypes that I see today is the Mammy. White woman are good for trying to cry on a sisters shoulder who they hardly even know, with their problems. I be looking at them sideways, like, I ain't yo Mammy, why you telling me all this. If things were reversed would they give a rats @ss about my problems? Hell no.

As far as I've seen, the only people who truly care about black women's problems... are black women. But everyone else definitely loves to dump theirs on us.

One of the most insidious stereotypes that I see today is the Mammy. White woman are good for trying to cry on a sisters shoulder who they hardly even know, with their problems. I be looking at them sideways, like, I ain't yo Mammy, why you telling me all this. If things were reversed would they give a rats @ss about my problems? Hell no.

White women's doublespeak:

And I always do
give true props to black women whose ancestors learned their child rearing lessons from other women of african ancestry
as well!!

fyi

Last edited:

Why cant that just be a friend?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back