Black Poetry : Mammy And The Master

ASHANTA

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 15, 2003
Brooklyn N. Y.
Mammy And The Master

Mama said black kids can’t be president; I say I am smart; I can be what ever I wanna be; Mama says school is for the white chillum ;I can read a book. I don’t care what mama says; God said I am a man. Mama just scared of the hooded mask. Why the white kids don’t care About a book, I want to read; What don’t bug them white kids It sure don’t bug me; Mama says black boys are slaves; God said I am free; There an’t no justice; Mama say boy get behind that Tree; and don’t make a sound. God said I was a free man. When I grow up; I’m going to Change all the rules. God said I was a free man.

My old mammy work hard in the field; The old master makes my mammy work like a donkey without water are shade; Lord don’t understand the curse; Why my mammy love the slave master; And his kids, and don’t care about me; They call it survival well; be right now I want to be dead. Said my daddy was a white man. My skin is still black; don’t get any of the benefits;
Still live among the shacks. Mama say boy obey the master rules; I Look up at my mama; and said my master is God. If ever I cursed my black old mother; and wished she were dead.

She said Sammy boy the mouth is going hang you from a tree; Mammy didn’t make much since, cause a slave is already dead; One of these darn nights I am going to run away from here, mammy always crying
Lord comes by here, how the lord c come by here, and the master is her Lord, Going to pack my rags, going to head to the other side.
Mama always-crying Sammy boy stay here, they going to lynch you from the trees, how can they lynch me from the trees?
When my daddy is a white man, I am part of him. Slave master wife don’t have a clue, If my daddy don’t let My mammy free, I going to tell the whole world, that my daddy’s the slave master, who crack the whip, when my mammy don’t go to the shed.
I was just a slave baby I then became the baby maker for my white daddies plantation my daddy died in a big red house my mama died in the fields. I wonder were I'm going to die,
I guess just like my ma’

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back