Black Spirituality Religion : MAMI WATA

voodoo_traditional_doctor_woman_mami_wata_togo_benin_voudun.jpg

I hope I can one day spray rum/water like this lol, for real.

While researching Mami Wata, did you ever come across a comment along the lines of this guy lived with a Mormon for a year, and discovered that they unknowingly worship Her? It made sense when one remembers that their founders have their roots in Scottish rite masonry, but that's just conjecture on my part.

Mormonism became a hybrid religion between Christianity (worship of the "Lamb") and gnostic Scottish Rite Masonry (worship of the "Serpent").

A

voodoo_traditional_doctor_woman_mami_wata_togo_benin_voudun.jpg

I hope I can one day spray rum/water like this lol, for real.

While researching Mami Wata, did you ever come across a comment along the lines of this guy lived with a Mormon for a year, and discovered that they unknowingly worship Her? It made sense when one remembers that their founders have their roots in Scottish rite masonry, but that's just conjecture on my part.

A

No I have not Alexandra, do you have more info?

I have an Oshun carving similar to the one above. I hope you bring us more on mami wata as you learn

ire

You know what carving I really want? it looks something like this:

The-Real-Snake-Eater-002.jpg

The snakes issuing from the nostrils indicated clairvoyant powers relating to the 3rd eye or pineal gland which is located behind the nose. I think they are pretty amazing.

Sadly, I do not. Ill track that gentleman down and see if I can tease an answer out of him. I briefly converted to Mormonism when I was 16 lol (good times). They have some interesting beliefs - like swimming is not allowed because the Devil controls water.

A

Lol you should start a thread about that, I thought they didn't like black people?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back