Black People : MALIK ZULU SHABAZZ AND THE NEW BLACK PANTHERS

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Isaiah, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Good brothers and sisters, tell me what you think of this brother after reading this artilce... Here is an excerpt... Click on the website for the entire article...

Sitting outside a run-down barbershop on Detroit’s West Side, Malik Shabazz is in his usual Sunday spot, serving up home-cooked barbecue and laying groundwork for the revolution he envisions.

Even when wearing sweats and kicking back in a lawn chair, calling out to the folk in cars that slow when passing by, Shabazz radiates charisma. He’s tall, maybe 6 feet 5 inches, and good-looking, with a voice so smooth and resonant you might mistake him for an R&B singer, or maybe a politician.

The boxes of ribs and other soul food he sells for $6 to $10 a pop helps support Shabazz and his New Black Panther Nation/New Marcus Garvey Movement, the black separatist group he’s built over the past decade. Shabazz is a bona fide activist working to build a stronger African-American community by registering voters, staging protests, visiting homeless shelters and talking to schoolkids about the need for a good education.

In a way, though, this community-building is akin to road construction. Certainly, Shabazz has an eye on improving the here and now, but this activism is also a means of getting to what he sees as the final destination. His is a grandiose vision involving what the self-described revolutionary calls “complete, total, cosmic change.”

What he wants, ultimately, are separate societies, segregated on the basis of skin color. Whites here, blacks there, brown-skinned, red-skinned and yellow-skinned people there, there and there, each in control of their own pieces of real estate.

To achieve that, he says, the white capitalist power structures of the West must be eliminated. And if this vision is ever realized, it won’t be through peaceful means. Forget about the nonviolent civil disobedience of Gandhi and Dr. Martin Luther King.

“I love Dr. King,” Shabazz says, “but I’m not going to get beat up to share a toilet with anyone.”

The changes Shabazz wants, he says, will only come through armed insurrection. “Huey Newton said power flows through the barrel of a gun,” Shabazz says, invoking the name of one of the original Black Panthers. “We plan to make changes the same way George Washington did, the same way any oppressed people get power.”

He refuses to discuss or even acknowledge any specific plans for revolution, nor will he disclose what kind of weaponry his group has, though he does admit that they’re often armed and can shift from “Martin Luther King mode” to “Malcolm X mode” at any time.

He can also shift his rhetoric just as quickly. Over the course of several interviews with Metro Times, and being pressed repeatedly on his insistent advocacy of armed insurrection, he suddenly adopts a different tone. But even at its most expansive, Shabazz’s claims of benevolence are conditional: “We’re not against armed revolt, however, we’re going to overthrow the system with love. We’re teaching black-on-black love. We’re going to subdue the world with the Bible, the Quran, the Egyptian Book of the Dead. We’re as nonviolent as we’re allowed to be.”

http://www.metrotimes.com/editorial/story.asp?id=7648

Peace!
    Isaiah

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    ralfa'il?.......is that you?

anyone using the "new" BPP is just looking to exploit a name.
    why is he selling swine to people?

3. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Peace,

to get a better look at this brother when confronted, check his moves when "Khalid Muhammed" was poisoned..........what did Malik Zulu Shabazz do and say?????????? He took over leadership after the murder of Khalid, why was there no investigation?? why didn't anyone in the group scrape the PUKE off the rug and take it to a lab to find out the contents????

For the same reason they didn't check Arafat's soup............like the title of PE's last album............."there's a POISON going on"!!!!!!!!!

what his response to the police in NY during the riot in NY at the end of the "Million Youth March" (of which I was present) - he threw a chair at a cop and RAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

& as brother James asked.......WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING SELLING PIG TO YOUR PEOPLE.......ISN'T THIS A DERROGATORY NAME THAT THE PANTHERS USE FOR POLICE.............Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I leave you in peace

4. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    PIG comes from "fascist pig" which is a term that was used at the time.
    the BPP was not the only group that was operational and they did not do everything and invent everything.
    i am annoyed that people act as though the BPP did the entire civil rights on their own.

there was CORE, SNCC, SCLC, NAACP, the weathermen and a bunch of others.
    i was in CORE.

5. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Isaiah

I think you got the 2 Malik Shabazzes mixed up.

This may sound a little confusing but...

THIS Malik Shabbaz is leader of the Detroit based New Marcus Garvey Movment who also spawned his own smaller localized Black Panther Party Movement with the help of our brother Dr. Khalid Muhammad.

The OTHER is Malik ZULU Shabbaz...Dr. Khalid Muhammad's former right-hand man....and he is the young attorney and leader of the larger Black Panther Party I believe based out of Houston.

I know the first Malik Shabbaz, and got a few picture I took with him and Khalid Muhammad...before he was poisoned.

He's a pretty powerful brutha in the city, a the forefront of almost every grassroots event.

He used to march on crack-houses and police stations.

Brutha been hard-core for a long time, I can tell you some stories about him.

6. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Peace brother James,

I never said there weren't OTHERS....................but the BPP (if they want to continue to use that name, they assume everything that the ORIGINAL BPP stood for which I TOTALLY agree TOO) & (under Malik Shabazz) is still using these terms, but when it's time I don't see him as living proof as the ORIGINALS????????

I quoted you in your ? of them feeding "PIG" to their own people brother????????????

- I meant no disrespect!

- but as for EVERYTHING else I stated ....................................SILENCE was my answer!!!!!!!!!

peace!!!!!

7. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    & what did brother Zulu (Khalid's right hand man) do when Khalid was poisoned???????????

8. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Info

I don't know .....

I know him and brutha Steve Cokely had cross words for eachother over the incident.

You seem to think Malik Zulu had some involvement with the murder of our brother. This is the first time I heard it, but I can't say one way or another.

What I can tell you is the last time I attended a lecture by Steve Cokely...aka the Boule Buster....he had reportedly warned brutha Khalid about Malik and his involvment in some sort of secret fraternity that disturbed him.

9. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Any black man at this stage of the game that openly advocates a race war against white people is fooling himself and his followers. They will become targets and examples for homeland security. He has a death wish. We are by no means ready to wage war. Most of us have no concept of war. We don't have the army, the weaponry, the tactical profficiency nor the technical profficiency to wage war with anyone. We will do better removing crack and heroine from our neighborhoods and bringing education and industry to our neighborhood. We couldn't stop them from taking 100 million of us from Africa 500 years ago; Infact we helped them capture and enslave our own brothers and sisters. We are fighting the symptom to our problem and not the cause. It is a fools strategy not to take the offensive and inflect as much damage as possible when waging war. The "we'll conquer them with love and fight when attacked" stategy will get us killed. We couldn't get along on our own continent so why do we deserve more land? I guest we think someone will give us that too. I by no means I'm saying the white is superior. It's like a boxer, if he don't train, don't eat right, picks up bad habits and is not in shape the most mediocre of opponent will beat him handlely. We are that out of shape boxer. Like I said these brothers need to work within the community and quit trying to be the next coming.....

Peace family.....

10. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    why you bringing Mike into this?

none taken!

i just like to put out there that many people, including white people, fought against the racists.
    i'm jealous of the BPP now getting all the play as if they did it all by theirselves.
    the BPP were not the only ones, by far.

just the other day a sister was telling me, wide eyed, that so and so was an ex panther.
    well, i'm an ex C.O.R.E. member.
    i want some wide eyed props too.