Black Relationships : males opinions on dating single mothers

*Sigh*

LovelyGoldenOne said:
I am about to give birth to a little girl in about 5 days or less and I was sitting down thinking the other day...What if me and my boyfriend don't work out? We have a great relationship right now, one of the best I've ever had and he is a good man that I thank God everyday for. But I have learned from past relationships that sometimes life doesn't turn out like you want it to. So I was wondering if we didn't work out and I found myself ready to date again, how men would react to me having a child. I am 21 years old, a college senior and on my way to a good career to provide comfortably for me and my daughter, I consider myself attractive and intelligent and I don't see myself as the typical "baby momma". I like the whole dating scene when I am ready to explore.

basically I want guys opinions, would you date or consider dating a woman with one child? Or even a woman with more than one child? (I plan for this little girl to be my first and last!)

let me know what you think!

:thinking: The data shows, that there is a 50/50 chance of you two succeeding in marriage. There is only a 5%-10% chance of you succeeding as you currently exist. :thinking: Which do YOU think is the better odds?

But.......

LovelyGoldenOne said:
I am about to give birth to a little girl in about 5 days or less and I was sitting down thinking the other day...What if me and my boyfriend don't work out? We have a great relationship right now, one of the best I've ever had and he is a good man that I thank God everyday for. But I have learned from past relationships that sometimes life doesn't turn out like you want it to. So I was wondering if we didn't work out and I found myself ready to date again, how men would react to me having a child. I am 21 years old, a college senior and on my way to a good career to provide comfortably for me and my daughter, I consider myself attractive and intelligent and I don't see myself as the typical "baby momma". I like the whole dating scene when I am ready to explore.

basically I want guys opinions, would you date or consider dating a woman with one child? Or even a woman with more than one child? (I plan for this little girl to be my first and last!)

let me know what you think!

Back to your original question. I would take a long time observing you before asking you out. Especially how you raise the child. If you are one of " those " parents, then I would have to pull out the ten foot poles. Those moms come with babydrama and babydaddydrama. In short, they are triffling parents and would only be good for occassional sex at best. And I'm just not into that.

If you are a good mother, raising a disciplined well mannered child and you have common sense. I'd give you a shot. BUT, you'd be on a short leash.

Kemetstry said:
:thinking: The data shows, that there is a 50/50 chance of you two succeeding in marriage. There is only a 5%-10% chance of you succeeding as you currently exist. :thinking: Which do YOU think is the better odds?

Well I agree with the 50/50 chance of succeeding in marriage...but at the same time i believe it could be done...and if you think about it, its like that with any relationship...And from personal experience I know you can never know what to expect from a relationship so I thank God for my blessings because I know some people in far worse situations than myself...

Kemetstry said:
Back to your original question. I would take a long time observing you before asking you out. Especially how you raise the child. If you are one of " those " parents, then I would have to pull out the ten foot poles. Those moms come with babydrama and babydaddydrama. In short, they are triffling parents and would only be good for occassional sex at best. And I'm just not into that.

If you are a good mother, raising a disciplined well mannered child and you have common sense. I'd give you a shot. BUT, you'd be on a short leash.

That is understandable...I just know that I really hate the whole babymama, babydaddy stigma that people have...but I guess thats life, its bad enough that i look like I'm 17, so people judge me and think I'm a teenage mother, but i guess in a way it makes me stronger....
Anyway the part about the occasional sex...thats kinda offensive, not that I expect to be like that or anything but I guess thats how some men think...

LovelyGoldenOne said:
Well I agree with the 50/50 chance of succeeding in marriage...but at the same time i believe it could be done...and if you think about it, its like that with any relationship...And from personal experience I know you can never know what to expect from a relationship so I thank God for my blessings because I know some people in far worse situations than myself...

Most people forget that relationships require work. And as with any job, if you dont put in any effort, you get fired. :bye: Raising a child has always required two people to do the job right

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back