Black Relationships : Male's opinion..

Feelin' a different reality

JaylaMaria111 said:
Thank you for explaining it to me. Whenever he does this I think maybe I am not pretty enough for him, I start to feel that the other girls have something that I don't.

JaylaMaria,

I've included my emergency prescription at the end of my post. It works for me, and I've changed a few things in my life with this. Before I go there I would like to admit to you that I have been in abusive relationships, and just like this situation, had red flags all over them! When a snake strikes us it's usually because we have let the dragon within striking distance and there's always a warning that we are in danger.

Our relationships are formed from our 2nd chakra, our sacred area. This chakra is the area of sacred sexuality and personal self-reflection. When we form new reltionships with others they help us to "see" what we believe about ourselves. If this area is traumatized or hurt spiritually or physically it will impact the nature of your relationships. This includes our relationship with ourself, with money and with power.
Rape, molestation, incest, physical abuse by a partner, etc... all have an impact on this chakra. It is part of my suggestion that you look at your situation from a holistic view, in addition to having professional support.

This man is what we can call, a predator. He is a materialization of the fears you may hold about yourself. Feelin' inadequate, overlooked, unpretty, unintelligent, unheard, etc.... get enough of these bad self-image feelings and you draw to you the dragon in the flesh.

Please, do not take the situation lightly, brother James hit the nail on the head when he said this was abuse. This man is abusing your spirit and your mind and although you may find his behavior curious, and interesting, do not let your curiosity place you in harms way. Entities like him want something very precious JaylaMaria, they want your Spirit, your soul, the essence of life that animates your body, and like a vampire they will feed from you until you either surrender or find the strength to fight them off.

It is most interesting to me how you see yourself, at 24. Quite frankly, you are still a young person. In Canada, I don't know about the state that you are in, but here you could go on all types of excursions, funded programs until you are 29 because you are considered youth!

In terms of this man being in your group project, that is no reason to give him your time. You don't want to be rude, but do you want to be his prey?
As little girls sometimes we get wrong messages sent to us, and one of these messages is it's not nice to "say no", or be rude to strangers. You need to uproot these beliefs, strengthen your backbone and be the womban that the divine intended you to be.

I don't know your financial situation, but if you are a full time student with a fixed income, getting a psychologist (they don't prescribe pills) subsidy should be available. In the meantime, check out some books by Iyanla Vanzant and another one of my favorites is Opening to Spirit by Caroline Shola Arewa.

I believe in you girl, now you do the same and believe in yourself.

p.s - my immediate solution, my home remedy for 9-1-1 situations is this:
one of my mentors taught me the power of thought, and by focusing and thinking of the lonliness in your life, you are drawing more of it to you!
Describe on paper what you ideally desire, find a visualization in your minds eye and then attach to it, the feeling you will have when it's your reality.
Do this every day, every moment you feel yourself slipping into a negative lonlely poor me pity party, and your vibration will soon lift.

Consider the kinds of people you would like to have as friends, consider not their physical attributes, but their internal wirings. Visualize yourself with your new friends doing the activities that make you happy and rev yourself up with FEELING it. FEEL it into existence! Get out of the bad vibes you're feeding yourself and the parasite you drop off too!

Good luck.

phynxofkmt said:

JaylaMaria,

I've included my emergency prescription at the end of my post. It works for me, and I've changed a few things in my life with this. Before I go there I would like to admit to you that I have been in abusive relationships, and just like this situation, had red flags all over them! When a snake strikes us it's usually because we have let the dragon within striking distance and there's always a warning that we are in danger.

Our relationships are formed from our 2nd chakra, our sacred area. This chakra is the area of sacred sexuality and personal self-reflection. When we form new reltionships with others they help us to "see" what we believe about ourselves. If this area is traumatized or hurt spiritually or physically it will impact the nature of your relationships. This includes our relationship with ourself, with money and with power.
Rape, molestation, incest, physical abuse by a partner, etc... all have an impact on this chakra. It is part of my suggestion that you look at your situation from a holistic view, in addition to having professional support.

This man is what we can call, a predator. He is a materialization of the fears you may hold about yourself. Feelin' inadequate, overlooked, unpretty, unintelligent, unheard, etc.... get enough of these bad self-image feelings and you draw to you the dragon in the flesh.

Please, do not take the situation lightly, brother James hit the nail on the head when he said this was abuse. This man is abusing your spirit and your mind and although you may find his behavior curious, and interesting, do not let your curiosity place you in harms way. Entities like him want something very precious JaylaMaria, they want your Spirit, your soul, the essence of life that animates your body, and like a vampire they will feed from you until you either surrender or find the strength to fight them off.

It is most interesting to me how you see yourself, at 24. Quite frankly, you are still a young person. In Canada, I don't know about the state that you are in, but here you could go on all types of excursions, funded programs until you are 29 because you are considered youth!

In terms of this man being in your group project, that is no reason to give him your time. You don't want to be rude, but do you want to be his prey?
As little girls sometimes we get wrong messages sent to us, and one of these messages is it's not nice to "say no", or be rude to strangers. You need to uproot these beliefs, strengthen your backbone and be the womban that the divine intended you to be.

I don't know your financial situation, but if you are a full time student with a fixed income, getting a psychologist (they don't prescribe pills) subsidy should be available. In the meantime, check out some books by Iyanla Vanzant and another one of my favorites is Opening to Spirit by Caroline Shola Arewa.

I believe in you girl, now you do the same and believe in yourself.

p.s - my immediate solution, my home remedy for 9-1-1 situations is this:
one of my mentors taught me the power of thought, and by focusing and thinking of the lonliness in your life, you are drawing more of it to you!
Describe on paper what you ideally desire, find a visualization in your minds eye and then attach to it, the feeling you will have when it's your reality.
Do this every day, every moment you feel yourself slipping into a negative lonlely poor me pity party, and your vibration will soon lift.

Consider the kinds of people you would like to have as friends, consider not their physical attributes, but their internal wirings. Visualize yourself with your new friends doing the activities that make you happy and rev yourself up with FEELING it. FEEL it into existence! Get out of the bad vibes you're feeding yourself and the parasite you drop off too!

Good luck.

I appreciate your advice. You are so right about him bringing forth all the fears and insecurities that I felt I had overcame from my childhood and teen years about my skin color. The way he pays extra special attention to lightskin women who walk pass, and even the mixed race lady in our class together makes me feel extremely inferior and unattractive.

I don't know how I get dragged into this everytime. Usually, he is the first one to spot me, or sneak up on me so it's not like I seek him. So, I try to be nice and polite to him, but I guess I need to be more aggressive with my approach. It's just that I don't want to come across as the "mean Black woman" that so often men say when you are assertive. I've been told that before, so I try to be more nice and friendly

Wow, what an interesting post! Do I really have any advice?...no! To be frank about it, cause I'm frank in New York and Robert in Chicago...(that was a weak joke...lol) But to be honest about it, I personally think you already got your mind made up about the situation. Generally women already know 10 minutes after they meet a man if they would be intimate with them....so I think you already had your thoughts on this....even though you are seeking confirmation as to if they may be right or not. In all due respect for the lightskins he is looking at?...well there's every possibility that he may hold an attraction in that area and yet may not feel secure enough within himself to actually land one for himself....so in his mind he's settling for what he is sure he can get. Like a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.

I will say this about him. At least he was honest about you being fair game. You are 24 and for a brother that done been around...you are ripe pickins !! In fact, any brother that really wants you only has to gas up your esteem, your intellect, your sense of direction and goals and make you feel more special than everything else around you and him....you'll be shoppin for new panties tonight! What I'm trying to say is....ok, you done had your orgasm, now what?

If you threw tha same energy into your lessons as you do trying to analyze him you'd be straight A's!!!!

Keita said:
Wow, what an interesting post! Do I really have any advice?...no! To be frank about it, cause I'm frank in New York and Robert in Chicago...(that was a weak joke...lol) But to be honest about it, I personally think you already got your mind made up about the situation. Generally women already know 10 minutes after they meet a man if they would be intimate with them....so I think you already had your thoughts on this....even though you are seeking confirmation as to if they may be right or not. In all due respect for the lightskins he is looking at?...well there's every possibility that he may hold an attraction in that area and yet may not feel secure enough within himself to actually land one for himself....so in his mind he's settling for what he is sure he can get. Like a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.

I will say this about him. At least he was honest about you being fair game. You are 24 and for a brother that done been around...you are ripe pickins !! In fact, any brother that really wants you only has to gas up your esteem, your intellect, your sense of direction and goals and make you feel more special than everything else around you and him....you'll be shoppin for new panties tonight! What I'm trying to say is....ok, you done had your orgasm, now what?

If you threw tha same energy into your lessons as you do trying to analyze him you'd be straight A's!!!!

Well, thank you for your honesty. Right now, I don't think I have the self esteem to have a relationship with anybody right now. I'd hate to be the type one "settles" for especially since I am not viewed as pretty as lighterskin women

this is sick

JaylaMaria111 said:
The way he pays extra special attention to lightskin women who walk pass, and even the mixed race lady in our class together makes me feel extremely inferior and unattractive.
how can a creep that you do not even want "make" you feel anything at all? who cares what he thinks?

nobody "makes" you feel anything. you decide what you want to feel and then get people around you that will provide the feedback that you have decoded you want.

it appears to me that you have decided that you want to be a victim.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back