Black History : MALCOLM X

Ms Drea

Oct 16, 2004
Illinois
destee.com
Occupation
Educator
May 19 is Malcolm X birthday.

"They always project Africa in a negative light: jungle savages, cannibals,nothing civilized. Why then, naturally it was so negative that it was negative to you and me, and you and I began to hate it. We didn't want anybody telling us anything about Africa, much less calling us Africans. In hating Africa and in hating the Africans, we ended up hating ourselves,without even realizing it . . . "

The above quote encapsulates the reasoning behind a happily natural day and also encapsulates why we struggle for support. We are here 44 years later many have yet to realize the importance of Malcolm.

Love & Blessings,
DREA

March 19 is Malcolm X birthday.

"They always project Africa in a negative light: jungle savages, cannibals,nothing civilized. Why then, naturally it was so negative that it was negative to you and me, and you and I began to hate it. We didn't want anybody telling us anything about Africa, much less calling us Africans. In hating Africa and in hating the Africans, we ended up hating ourselves,without even realizing it . . . "

The above quote encapsulates the reasoning behind a happily natural day and also encapsulates why we struggle for support. We are here 44 years later many have yet to realize the importance of Malcolm.

Love & Blessings,
DREA

Thank You!! Bless You Sis Ms Drea!!

Malik El-Hajj Shabazz/Malcolm X – (born Malcolm Little; May 19, 1925 – February 21, 1965), also known as El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz, was an African-American Muslim minister, public speaker, and human rights activist. To his admirers, he was a courageous advocate for the rights of African Americans, a man who indicted white America in the harshest terms for its crimes against black Americans. His detractors accused him of preaching racism and violence. He has been described as one of the greatest and most influential African Americans in ourstory.

Nationalism

Love, Peace!

RIP Malcolm X

malcolm_x%5B5%5D.jpg

Remembering Your Great Legacy Always

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back