Black People : Malcolm X Remembered 50 Years After 1965 Assassination

RAPTOR

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 12, 2009
Democracy Now! - "This weekend marks the 50th anniversary of the assassination of Malcolm X, one of the most influential political figures of the 20th century. He was shot dead as he spoke before a packed audience at the Audubon Ballroom in New York City on February 21, 1965. Malcolm X had just taken the stage when shots rang out riddling his body with bullets. He was 39 years old. Details of his assassination remain disputed to this day. We air highlights from his speeches, "By Any Means Necessary" and "The Ballot or the Bullet." We also speak with journalist Herb Boyd, who along with Malcolm X’s daughter, Ilyasah Shabazz, co-edited "The Diary of Malcolm X: El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz, 1964.""
http://www.democracynow.org/2015/2/20/malcolm_x_remembered_50_years_after

The full Killer Bs Squad was in effect for this special TWO HOUR edition of iMiXWHATiLiKE! We heard from Malcolm X colleague
and journalist Peter Bailey and we spoke with author Herb Boyd about the recently published Malcolm X Diaries and controversies
and conflict over the ways in which Malcolm X is remembered. We spoke with Katea Stitt, program director at WPFW and daughter
of jazz legend Sonny Stitt about a recently recovered hand-written letter (see imixwhatilike.org for details and more) from Malcolm
X in which he praises her father and the powerful relationship between revolutionary thought and music. We also rocked a ton of good
music from K Hill, Jasiri X, Dj Rebellion, Ice Cube and Jahi of Public Enemy 2.0! All this and more at imixwhatilike.org

Democracy Now! - "This weekend marks the 50th anniversary of the assassination of Malcolm X, one of the most influential political figures of the 20th century. He was shot dead as he spoke before a packed audience at the Audubon Ballroom in New York City on February 21, 1965. Malcolm X had just taken the stage when shots rang out riddling his body with bullets. He was 39 years old. Details of his assassination remain disputed to this day. We air highlights from his speeches, "By Any Means Necessary" and "The Ballot or the Bullet." We also speak with journalist Herb Boyd, who along with Malcolm X’s daughter, Ilyasah Shabazz, co-edited "The Diary of Malcolm X: El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz, 1964.""
http://www.democracynow.org/2015/2/20/malcolm_x_remembered_50_years_after
I watched that show today. Brother Malcolm was one of my heroes.

As a child, I used to cheer for him when he spoke on tv.

I'll never forget the day that he died...I was at home listening to the radio when they announced that he had been assassinated.

I cried like a baby when he died.

Malcolm was like a light...enlightening people and showing them the way.

When they killed him, the light was gone and we were walking in darkness.

We still had Martin Luther King but as you know, their styles were different.

I loved them both but Malcolm fought fire with fire and was confrontational.

Malcolm was like the brotha on the talk show that nobody could outtalk.

He was intelligent and had a powerful vocubulary.

He was ANGRY and spoke truth to power with both forcefulness and eloquence.

There hasn't before or since, been another like Malcolm x!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back