Black People : Malcolm X Remembered 50 Years After 1965 Assassination

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by RAPTOR, Feb 20, 2015.

1. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,097
    Democracy Now! - "This weekend marks the 50th anniversary of the assassination of Malcolm X, one of the most influential political figures of the 20th century. He was shot dead as he spoke before a packed audience at the Audubon Ballroom in New York City on February 21, 1965. Malcolm X had just taken the stage when shots rang out riddling his body with bullets. He was 39 years old. Details of his assassination remain disputed to this day. We air highlights from his speeches, "By Any Means Necessary" and "The Ballot or the Bullet." We also speak with journalist Herb Boyd, who along with Malcolm X’s daughter, Ilyasah Shabazz, co-edited "The Diary of Malcolm X: El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz, 1964.""
    http://www.democracynow.org/2015/2/20/malcolm_x_remembered_50_years_after

2. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,097

The full Killer Bs Squad was in effect for this special TWO HOUR edition of iMiXWHATiLiKE! We heard from Malcolm X colleague
    and journalist Peter Bailey and we spoke with author Herb Boyd about the recently published Malcolm X Diaries and controversies
    and conflict over the ways in which Malcolm X is remembered. We spoke with Katea Stitt, program director at WPFW and daughter
    of jazz legend Sonny Stitt about a recently recovered hand-written letter (see imixwhatilike.org for details and more) from Malcolm
    X in which he praises her father and the powerful relationship between revolutionary thought and music. We also rocked a ton of good
    music from K Hill, Jasiri X, Dj Rebellion, Ice Cube and Jahi of Public Enemy 2.0! All this and more at imixwhatilike.org

3. CosmicMessenger

CosmicMessenger Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    I watched that show today. Brother Malcolm was one of my heroes.

As a child, I used to cheer for him when he spoke on tv.

I'll never forget the day that he died...I was at home listening to the radio when they announced that he had been assassinated.

I cried like a baby when he died.

• Respectful Respectful x 1
    • List
  4. CosmicMessenger

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    Malcolm was like a light...enlightening people and showing them the way.

When they killed him, the light was gone and we were walking in darkness.

We still had Martin Luther King but as you know, their styles were different.

I loved them both but Malcolm fought fire with fire and was confrontational.

Malcolm was like the brotha on the talk show that nobody could outtalk.

He was intelligent and had a powerful vocubulary.

He was ANGRY and spoke truth to power with both forcefulness and eloquence.

There hasn't before or since, been another like Malcolm x!

5. CosmicMessenger

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    One thing we must always remember is that Malcolm X was killed by BLACK men!

White devils/Black devils...he was attacked from BOTH sides!

6. sekou kasimu

sekou kasimu PanAfrikanist Revolutionary MEMBER

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +864
    Man time flies! It seems like yesterday (1963) when I decided that Malcolm X was the man I wanted to be like! Naturally like Malcolm X I to had to evolve. His response to the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing settled the questions, "violence or non-violence" and integration or separation", for me. I've been a disciple of his every since.

7. Orisons

Orisons Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +604
    [QUOTE="RAPTOR, post: 911897, member: 23274"
    Democracy Now! - "This weekend marks the 50th anniversary of the assassination of Malcolm X, one of the most influential political figures of the 20th century. He was shot dead as he spoke before a packed audience at the Audubon Ballroom in New York City on February 21, 1965. Malcolm X had just taken the stage when shots rang out riddling his body with bullets. He was 39 years old. Details of his assassination remain disputed to this day. We air highlights from his speeches, "By Any Means Necessary" and "The Ballot or the Bullet." We also speak with journalist Herb Boyd, who along with Malcolm X’s daughter, Ilyasah Shabazz, co-edited "The Diary of Malcolm X: El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz, 1964.""
    /QUOTE]
    Have you read “The Autobiography of Malcolm X as told to Alex Haley”, which is STILL my absolute No.1 non- fiction book and the only biography [auto or otherwise] that I have EVER read [too much to do in my life to immerse myself that deeply in someone else’s/apart from that of Stanley Archer/”Life according to Maas Roy” because I know and like him], in my life?

In my opinion this book is easily the best that Alex Haley has ever written, in fact his description of Malcolm X being gunned down/murdered is so poignant, superbly graphic that it reduced me to tears [which is why I don’t ever re-read that section]; but just the quality of Haley’s writing throughout [including his description of the development of his relationship with Malcolm with regard to TRUST] is at a level that I have never ever seen matched by another writer.

Malcolm X’s demise aligns with other truly HUGE losses that the African collective can ill afford [like Patrice Lumumba, Samora Machel, Steve Biko, Thomas Sakarna, the core of the GAP community of Tulsa circa 1920] in that aren’t WE the only collective on the planet who have rarely adequately protected our REAL BRAINS/Intelligentsia, which is why their execution leaves US even more lost and leaderless in stark contrast to the manner in which [the Power Brokers pulling their strings remain covert, we truly don’t even KNOW who they are, do WE] aren’t ALL of the West’s current front folk like Cameron, Clegg, Obama, Hollande and Merkel very very easily replaceable?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
    graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

8. sekou kasimu

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +864
    Not only were their styles different, so was their philosophy and opinions! Bro Malcolm was a Separatist, Rev. King was an integrationist! There are those who now try to claim both of them. Lol They are the very same ones who would have crossed the street if they saw him coming, now that integration has failed and the Devil is still the Devil! :p

9. sekou kasimu

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +864
    The worms who murdered Malcolm X were blind, deaf, and dumb negroes! They aren't worthy of the label black!!!

10. Orisons

Orisons Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +604
    [QUOTE="sekou kasimu, post: 912243, member: 36241" Not only were their styles different, so was their philosophy and opinions! Bro Malcolm was a Separatist, Rev. King was an integrationist! There are those who now try to claim both of them. Lol

They are the very same ones who would have crossed the street if they saw him coming, now that integration has failed and the Devil is still the Devil! :p /QUOTE]

Didn’t INTEGRATION within the USA fail because the current POWER ELITE/STATUS QUO only utilized it to clear out most of the teachers and tutors of African ethnicity [subsequently replacing them with allegedly “qualified” whites who in the main wouldn’t be anywhere near as focused on getting Black students to find and fully utilize their potential] from their systematic mis-education machine?

How big a gap would there REALLY be between Malcolm X and Dr Martin Luther King when THEY were both in confrontational conflict with the same REALITY; with Malcolm’s far more assertive BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY including violence stance, very obviously being more worrying for the establishment; [wasn’t he very deliberately] making MLK’s non-violent resistance much more palatable to whites; hence the manner in which the system arranged their termination [no police within several blocks of Malcolm’s fatal meeting and was anyone EVER prosecuted/jailed for MLK’s murder]?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
    graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?