Black People : MALCOLM X: RACE RELATIONS IN CRISIS

During his pilgrimage to Mecca he had witnessed something that he had never seen before which was people ( Muslims ) of all color shades coming together and that he had experienced a unity of human brotherhood. This softened his views somewhat about white people in which he answered a reporters question as to whether or not he had altered his views on whites and blacks working together in which he replied that it could be possible if the white man in America converted to Islam...
During his debate at the Oxford Union he went further to state that he would be willing to join with anyone regardless of color as long as they wanted they wanted to change the miserable condition that existed on earth. ( Something which he strongly opposed at an earlier period ).

In January of 1965 he agreed to meet at the house of Juanita Poitier with members of other Civil Rights organizations where he had discussed his philosophies and some of his mistakes in the hopes of them being able to leave there with a common platform in an effort to address and change the condition of Africans in America. ( Something which he was strongly oppose to before ) MLK Jr. did not attend but he sent a representative

He also met with the group Students of Non-Violence Coordinating Committee and spoke in Selma, Alabama for the first time in which he strongly urged the audience to listen to what MLK Jr. was saying to them and to give him whatever he needed to continue.
The formation of the OAAU was a political organization predicated on the constitution of the OAU which illustrated the parallel between Africans and African Americans and did not require it members to be a Muslim which again was in strong contrast to his earlier views. Malcolm didn't care what their religious affiliation was, if they had one or not. Religion was not spoken about...The purpose behind this was a strategic move that would have allowed them acceptance into the UN as an NGO ( Non Government Organization ) so that they would have an office there...I guess you could invoke the phrase ( By any means necessary ) here...Some would argue that it is a compromise of ones belief, I do not support that.. I refer to it as growth...
He had also changed his views and personal feelings about Elijah Muhammed and the Nation of Islam albeit they were very much warranted and justified based on the information that has been provided that speaks of an adversarial climate between them....

This by no means diminishes brother Malcolm X in any way shape or form which is not the intention....It merely points out that our most staunched beliefs can change and that we can move a little bit towards center for the greater good but all the while bearing in mind that we still hold dear ( By Any Means Necessary ). Violence not being the only means...I would love for this brother to be alive today so that I could join him and be at his side in the effort to bring about African Nationalism

Please do more than posting historical footnotes bro...

Some folks aren't as informed as you Chuck and need to know about these historical footnotes. If you were paying attention and read the entire post you would know that they are intended for the brother who was not aware of these points and asked for them...

During his pilgrimage to Mecca he had witnessed something that he had never seen before which was people ( Muslims ) of all color shades coming together and that he had experienced a unity of human brotherhood. This softened his views somewhat about white people in which he answered a reporters question as to whether or not he had altered his views on whites and blacks working together in which he replied that it could be possible if the white man in America converted to Islam...
During his debate at the Oxford Union he went further to state that he would be willing to join with anyone regardless of color as long as they wanted they wanted to change the miserable condition that existed on earth. ( Something which he strongly opposed at an earlier period ).

In January of 1965 he agreed to meet at the house of Juanita Poitier with members of other Civil Rights organizations where he had discussed his philosophies and some of his mistakes in the hopes of them being able to leave there with a common platform in an effort to address and change the condition of Africans in America. ( Something which he was strongly oppose to before ) MLK Jr. did not attend but he sent a representative

He also met with the group Students of Non-Violence Coordinating Committee and spoke in Selma, Alabama for the first time in which he strongly urged the audience to listen to what MLK Jr. was saying to them and to give him whatever he needed to continue.
The formation of the OAAU was a political organization predicated on the constitution of the OAU which illustrated the parallel between Africans and African Americans and did not require it members to be a Muslim which again was in strong contrast to his earlier views. Malcolm didn't care what their religious affiliation was, if they had one or not. Religion was not spoken about...The purpose behind this was a strategic move that would have allowed them acceptance into the UN as an NGO ( Non Government Organization ) so that they would have an office there...I guess you could invoke the phrase ( By any means necessary ) here...Some would argue that it is a compromise of ones belief, I do not support that.. I refer to it as growth...
He had also changed his views and personal feelings about Elijah Muhammed and the Nation of Islam albeit they were very much warranted and justified based on the information that has been provided that speaks of an adversarial climate between them....

This by no means diminishes brother Malcolm X in any way shape or form which is not the intention....It merely points out that our most staunched beliefs can change and that we can move a little bit towards center for the greater good but all the while bearing in mind that we still hold dear ( By Any Means Necessary ). Violence not being the only means...I would love for this brother to be alive today so that I could join him and be at his side in the effort to bring about African Nationalism

Malcolm X spoke of forming alliances with other organizations, nothing more! He did not advocate integration of the OAAU. The Arabs destroyed the unity of the OAU according to Dr. John Henrik Clarke, which is why it no longer
exists. Those who have only read Malcolm X superficially often misquote him. E.g. Malcolm X said "Freedom By Any Means Necessary"! Why do you think people leave out the most important word in the quote? Fear of the fight?

Some folks aren't as informed as you Chuck and need to know about these historical footnotes. If you were paying attention and read the entire post you would know that they are intended for the brother who was not aware of these points and asked for them...

Objection! I am very familiar with "these points". These arguments are Plan B for the integrationists, who failing to destroy his credibility, tried to co-opt him and dilute his message. I was 15 years old when Malcolm X was assassinated, and I remember that day like it was yesterday. I am one of his followers and biggest fans. I could quote him extensively when I was in my early twenties. Still can! E.g., "Of all of our studies, history is best qualified to reward all research. And when you see that you have problems, all you have to do is examine the historic method used all over the world, by those who had problems similar to yours. And when you see how they got theirs straight, then you know how you can get yours straight". Those who read him and listened to his speeches, know he meant revolution. Not integration with our historical and traditional enemies, whites. Be they Arabs or Europeans!!!!! Malcolm X also said "History proves that the white man is a devil". In light of the murders of Trayvon Martin, Jordan Davis, Tamir Rice, Sandra Bland, Michael Brown, Eric Garner, the Mother Emanuel A.M.E. Church 9, Walter Scott , and Freddie Gray etc., do you really believe Malcolm X would really be advocating integration? If so you really didn't know Malcolm X!!! PS In your avatar you say "...teach one". My question to you is teach them what?

First of all:

Thanks for the update on the mutual respect side...

Second and lastly:

The other person is on my ignore list...

Please do post back to me elsewhere...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back