Black People : Malcolm X Quotes

SophiaG

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 14, 2010
Whenever I read a book and something strikes me, I write it down as a quote. Here are the quotes I have so far from The Autobiography of Malcolm X.

"I remember well how my mother asked me why I couldn't be a nice boy like Wilfred; but I would think to myself that wilfred for being so nice and quiet, often stayed hungry. So early in life, I had learned that if you want something, you had better make some noise." -Malcolm X (Page:9)

"Anytime you find someone more successful than you are, especially when you're both engaged in the same buisness-- you know they're doing something that you aren't." - Malcolm X (Page: 21)

"I have no mercy or compassion in me for a society that will crush people, and then penalize them for not being able to stand up under the weight." - Malcolm X (Page: 22)

"And because I had been a hustler, I knew better than all whites knew, and better than nearly all of the black 'leaders' knew, that actually the most dangerous black man in America was the ghetto hustler. Why do I say this? The hustler, out there in the ghetto jungles, has less respect for the white power structure than any other Negro in North America. The ghetto hustler is internally restrained by nothing. He has no religion, no concept of morality, no civic responsibility, no fear--nothing. To survive, he is out there constantly preying upon others, probing for any human weakness like a ferret. The ghetto hustler is forever frustrated, restless, and anxious for some 'action'. Whatever he undertakes, he commits himself to it fully, absolutely. What makes the ghetto hustler yet more dangerous is his 'glamour' image to the school-dropout youth in the ghetto.These ghetto teen-agers see the hell caught by their parents struggling to get somewhere, or see that they have given up struggling in the prejudiced, intolerant white man’s world. The ghetto teen-agers make up their own minds they would rather be like the hustlers whom they see dressed ‘sharp’ and flashing money and displaying no respect for anybody or anything. So the ghetto youth become attracted to the hustler worlds of dope, thievery, prostitution, and general crime and immorality."

"Hence I have no mercy or compassion in me for a society that will crush people, and then penalize them for not being able to stand up under the weight."

"Why am I as I am? To understand that of any person, his whole life, from Birth must be reviewed. All of our experiences fuse into our personality. Everything that ever happened to us is an ingredient."

- Malcolm X (The Autobiography of Malcolm X)

A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything.
Malcolm X

Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.
Malcolm X

Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.
Malcolm X

I am for violence if non-violence means we continue postponing a solution to the American black man's problem just to avoid violence.
Malcolm X

I believe in a religion that believes in freedom. Any time I have to accept a religion that won't let me fight a battle for my people, I say to hell with that religion.
Malcolm X

I believe in human beings, and that all human beings should be respected as such, regardless of their color.
Malcolm X

I don't even call it violence when it's in self defense; I call it intelligence.
Malcolm X

I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against.
Malcolm X

If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything.
Malcolm X

If you have no critics you'll likely have no success.
Malcolm X

If you're not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary.
Malcolm X

In all our deeds, the proper value and respect for time determines success or failure.
Malcolm X

My Alma mater was books, a good library... I could spend the rest of my life reading, just satisfying my curiosity.
Malcolm X

Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it.
Malcolm X

Nonviolence is fine as long as it works.
Malcolm X

Power in defense of freedom is greater than power in behalf of tyranny and oppression.
Malcolm X

Power never takes a back step only in the face of more power.
Malcolm X

Stumbling is not falling.
Malcolm X

The future belongs to those who prepare for it today.
Malcolm X

There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.
Malcolm X

Truth is on the side of the oppressed.
Malcolm X

Without education, you are not going anywhere in this world.
Malcolm X

You can't legislate good will - that comes through education.
Malcolm X

You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom.
Malcolm X

You don't have to be a man to fight for freedom. All you have to do is to be an intelligent human being.
Malcolm X

You show me a capitalist, and I'll show you a bloodsucker.
Malcolm X

You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it.
Malcolm X

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back