Black People : Malcolm X inappropriate to write about?

I haven't learned to do that yet. I heard the story on the radio yesterday. :)

Exactly novek, allow me to apologize on behalf of the OP, he seems to be too busy posting all over the Forum to do some research:

Parents Say Queens Teacher Wouldn’t Let Kids Write About Malcolm X For Black History Month Assignment

New York (CBSNewYork) – Parents are outraged after students at a Queens elementary school were allegedly told they couldn’t write reports about Malcolm X as part of a Black History Month assignment.
Last week, a technology teacher told fourth-graders at P.S. 201 in Flushing to chose a prominent African-American figure to write about.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/02...malcolm-x-for-black-history-month-assignment/

Exactly novek, allow me to apologize on behalf of the OP, he seems to be too busy posting all over the Forum to do some research:

Parents Say Queens Teacher Wouldn’t Let Kids Write About Malcolm X For Black History Month Assignment

New York (CBSNewYork) – Parents are outraged after students at a Queens elementary school were allegedly told they couldn’t write reports about Malcolm X as part of a Black History Month assignment.
Last week, a technology teacher told fourth-graders at P.S. 201 in Flushing to chose a prominent African-American figure to write about.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/02...malcolm-x-for-black-history-month-assignment/

I finally figured you out Chuck! :) You are just an obnoxious old man who likes to instigate! ;) Man what I would give to see you in a prison setting! I can see you now hauling *** to the Captain's Office, and requesting PC. lol :p

New York City teacher told 4 year old Afrikan child, that Malcolm X was a bad person, and inappropriate to write about for Black History Month!

lets not act like we don't know how Malcolm has been defined in the larger culture.. truth is one thing.. living is another. truth is, you walk into a room with a Malcolm X tshirt on, you project a certain kind of image... and though that projection is actually bouncing from the internal walls of the minds of the people seeing it, it still must be accounted for.

Of course the teacher is wrong.. or maybe a bit silly.. because.. any child that says they want write about Malcolm comes from a family that knows about Malcolm.. and is going to be miffed at their child being told he/she shouldn't.

all that said.. it's wild that we're still rehashing this old stuff constantly.. kind of reminds me of a hamster running on a wheel in a cage..

lets not act like we don't know how Malcolm has been defined in the larger culture.. truth is one thing.. living is another. truth is, you walk into a room with a Malcolm X tshirt on, you project a certain kind of image... and though that projection is actually bouncing from the internal walls of the minds of the people seeing it, it still must be accounted for.

Of course the teacher is wrong.. or maybe a bit silly.. because.. any child that says they want write about Malcolm comes from a family that knows about Malcolm.. and is going to be miffed at their child being told he/she shouldn't.

all that said.. it's wild that we're still rehashing this old stuff constantly.. kind of reminds me of a hamster running on a wheel in a cage..

What is old to you is brand new to those who have not read Malcolm X! :) I remember a college student not long ago, who asked the question "who is Malcolm Ten"? ;) Most of our people have probably heard the name, but have not heard his message. That's why we are having this discussion. Its called consciousness raising Bro!

What is old to you is brand new to those who have not read Malcolm X! :) I remember a college student not long ago, who asked the question "who is Malcolm Ten"? ;) Most of our people have probably heard the name, but have not heard his message. That's why we are having this discussion. Its called consciousness raising Bro!

well, you gon have to up your game a bit..

let's not forget the competition:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back