Black People : Malcolm X- A bisexual??

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by tyab14, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    Look what kind of articles are stirring up now.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/may/19/gayrights.usa

Malcolm X was born 80 years ago today, on 19 May 1925. But amid the commemorations, controversy is brewing. Some black activists are enraged by suggestions that their hero might have been gay - or at least bisexual. The controversy has been stirring since the publication of Bruce Perry's acclaimed biography, Malcolm: The Life of a Man Who Changed Black America (Station Hill, New York) in 1991. Based on interviews with Malcolm's closest boyhood and adult friends, Perry suggests that the US black nationalist leader was not as robustly heterosexual as his Nation of Islam (NoI) colleagues have always insisted.
    Malcolm X, real name Malcolm Little, joined the militant Muslim NoI in 1949, attracted by its teaching that Allah would deliver black people from white bondage. By the 1960s, Malcolm had developed NoI ideology in new directions, becoming America's leading spokesperson for black consciousness, pride and self-help. Sexual freedom was not, however, part of his agenda.

Yet Perry's book documents Malcolm X's many gay experiences. A schoolmate, Bob Bebee, recalls the day they stumbled on a local boy jerking off. Malcolm, Bebee recalled, ordered the youth to masturbate him, and subsequently boasted he had given him oral sex. Later, from the age of 20, Malcolm had sex with men for money - as hinted at in Spike Lee's 1992 biopic - and he had at least one sustained sexual liaison with a man. While living in Flint, Michigan, his roommate noticed that instead of sleeping in the room they were sharing, Malcolm sneaked down the hall to spend the night with a gay transvestite named Willie Mae.

In New York, two of Malcolm's friends from Michigan remember bumping into him at the YMCA, where Malcolm bragged he earned money servicing "queers". Later, Malcolm worked as a butler to a wealthy Boston bachelor, William Paul Lennon. According to Malcolm's sidekick Malcolm Jarvis, he was paid to sprinkle Lennon with talcum powder and bring him to orgasm. Perry suggests that Malcolm's gay encounters may not have been entirely financially motivated. His masculine insecurities and ambivalence towards women fit the archetype of a repressed gay man and point to latent homosexuality.

2. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    Where are the moderators!

3. IntelligentNoir

IntelligentNoir Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +74
    WTH??? :qqb010: The extent homosexuals will venture too all in the name of validating their chosen perversion never ceases to amaze me. Now Malcolms a closet homo? Who's next?:em3000:

4. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
  5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    I still don't know what exactly blasphemy means, but i think this article probably qualifies.

:heart:

Destee

6. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

I DONT UNDERSTAND THE UPROAR. WHAT IF MALCOLM LITTLE WAS GAY HUSTLING B4 HE WAS MALCOLM X, SO WHAT IF MLK WAS SCREWING WOMEN ON THE CIVIL RIGHTS TRAIL. SO WHAT IF HEUY NEWTON WAS SEXING EDRIDGE CLEAVER. DOES THESE THINGS TAKE AWAY FROM THE PERSON AND THE THINGS THEY DID, I SAY NO

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    It's almost sickening to me, that i'm engaging in further discussion, in a thread suggesting our Beloved Ancestor was homosexual ... but in spite of that ... *sigh* ... here goes ...

Brother DARKSIDE MAGICK ... either what a person does, counts, or it does not count.

It seems you're wanting to discount stuff on one hand, while count stuff on the other.

Do you get to have it both ways ... count what you want, and discount what you don't want?

If so, how do you determine what should be counted, and what should not be counted?

Destee

8. DARKSIDE MAGICK

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

I DONT COUNT NOTHING, EVERTHING IS PERCEPTION. WHAT A PERSON DO IS THEIR BUSINESS. AGAIN IT IS SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST DOWN HERE.

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    So only fitness counts? How do you define fitness?

Destee

10. DARKSIDE MAGICK

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

SINCE YOU SAID HOW I DEFINE IT, THE WORD FITNESS TO ME IS TO BE IN THE BEST SHAPE POSSIBLE FOR THAT PERSON. THAT CAN BE BODY WISE, MENTAL OR ANYWAY THAT PERSON FEEL THEY NEED TO CONQUER SOMEONE OR DEFEND THEMSELVES.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.