MAKE ME A GRAND BABY...

Discussion in 'Black Parenting' started by Isaiah, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    I wanna change some diapers... I wanna warm up the milk, and burp 'em...and lay the little fella on my chest, and let him fall asleep on my chest... I wanna walk him down the street, and hear how cute he is - look just like Grandpa, chip off the old block(smile):shades:

Problem is, I'm depending on my daughters to make my dreams come true, and they're too into their careers to help a brotha out... I'm thinkin', "get a boyfriend, or some artificial insemmination, and make me a grand child, goll darnit!" My mama and daddy didn't have to deal with all this junk... Me and brothers and sisters couldn't wait to present them with lot pretty brown packages... Now, their babies done had babies, and ol' Zeke still waiting... I'll be too old to play with grandson - or granddaughter(which if things continue along the same path, that's what my girls'lll have...mo' girls...)

Wondering if any of you have this experience??? Why am I feeling this way??? It's weird...but I did dig my babies, braiding and puttin' them little girlie things in their hair - ****, they was cute then -pickin' 'em up, and galavanting about town with 'em like my father did me... I would sing to 'em, play my drums, and watch 'em dance their little funny dancing, teach 'em how say and spell them BIG words(CAT DOG SKY CAKE COOKIE CANDY!) Finally learned how to stop callin' me "DALLEE", and I became "daddy!" Wooo, sad day that was...they was grown up, then(smile!)

Cool, I'm over them...I just want them to do what they came here to do, and procreate... Come on, let's go, make me some grandkids... Geez, I'm so frustrated...(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah

2. IfUComeSoftly

IfUComeSoftly Well-Known Member MEMBER

PD for a Non Profit
    Ratings:
    +12
    LMAO... My mama never had to worry about that b/c i got married and had them before i should've; however my best friend is a guy and his mama is ALWAYS talking about having some grandbabies. She claims mine as her own. She wants them so much.
    I rarely talk to men with children--thinking maybe only two--not because i didn't want to it's just who i meet AND their mothers always like.. when you and such and such gonna have me some grandbabies.... on top of that.... for some reason men just ask me to marry them and have their babies.... i mean what the hell is going on? do i have baby maker stamped on my forehead? not that i dont want to have babies... by the right man... and i've found him... BUT is it in the water????/

are you wading in the water too zay?

3. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    Hmmmmmmmm, sounds like you need to come to the cave, and let me examine that forehead of yours - :wink: :flowers:

Peace!
    Isaiah

4. IfUComeSoftly

IfUComeSoftly Well-Known Member MEMBER

PD for a Non Profit
    Ratings:
    +12
    Slow down you little whipper snapper... ol' rootie poot you...

i was told to be weary of old freaky men bearing gifts... smh... whatcha trying to give me flowers for? i still am gonna tell that you had that young woman chained to the wall of the cave. i know you said that she said that she liked it... i could see an euphoric glimmer in her eyes... BUT something foul is still afoot. LOLOLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

5. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    IfYouComeSoftly, I am officially closing down my Cave... No more Sex Talk for me at Destee's.... I'll stick to history and culture from now on, and stay outta these forums.... Nice rapping with you, sister, we'll do it again:wink:

Peace!
    Isaiah

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Man ......when i was on this path the same road
    watching all the kiddies playing my mind took off
    but by the time it came back i was running to see
    my first Grand child a Boy a Boy !! i was truely excited
    then came the Daddy in me , Son what y'all gonna do with a baby so young
    what ya gonna do now you know i'm here fo ya but i'm not babiesitting.........

within the next two years here come another one O'my a Girl she a doll
    oooops look at me here come one of my own such a beautiful feeling to
    be Grandpa and Daddy all into one , now at the peak of my life i have
    three young children man i spoil these Kids but i'm tough on them too
    for education , empowerment and to stand alone on their own feet

if i can get this potty training down i will be just fine ...well i gotta wash
    them undee's out another lil oooopsy !!! i'll holla Grandpa gotta do this.

it will be a joy a bright moment in your life you will treasure for days
    and when they sit on ya knee and looking like there Grand you will
    feel the chill and be as proud and cheerful they are wonderful give it some
    time your day is coming Isaiah they can be a mess too granny this and granny that!

it really sweet i have them same feelings and when it happen i was all up in it
    like i had them ...lol

7. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Brother Isaiah...come back for a minute

I wanted to share with you (if only vicariously) what it's like to be a grandparent.

It's WONDERFUL!!!! I have a 6 year old woman-child and she is the most precious gift I could have received from my daughter. And she's a "chip off the old block" so to speak. Not that I'm bragging or remotely biased mind you but she's intelligent, witty and has a mouth almighty. But most of all, she has a huge heart. It's as though she's been here before because in the last 6 years, she has shown me things and made me feel things I never knew possible. It's much easier for me now to say "I love you", "I'm sorry" and even be more relaxed with expressing my emotions through hugs and kisses. I was very nervous as a young mother and those things didn't come easy for me at times because I wanted so badly to be a "good" mom. So much so that I forgot to relax and enjoy the experience.

I call her my sidekick because we're very close, and I'm thankful to my Creator everyday for having her in my life.

If it's meant to be, your time will come when you too can say these things. But I can certainly appreciate why you want it to be soon!

Queenie :heart:

8. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Brother Isaiah you can change my son’s diapers if it’ll make you feel better.

9. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34

Brother Isaiah let me know man you can come borrow my 3 ........my Mama wasnt' even asking for them Grands and I got her 3 in 4 years time........

ps...if you borrow em watch ya back my daughter don't play and will have you in a bad situation real quick......I've seen it happen... :)

Red

10. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    Haaaaa, Red, you and Pan tryna pawn off them chirrens for a few hours on a desparate brotha!(smile!) That's so cute! One day we'll meet up, and swap some chidren stories, bruh... That promises to be mad wild!LOL!

Queenie, wow, you got my heart racing with that story of your "woman-child" grand daughter!!! Whew, she must be a little dream, huh???(smile!) She's mouth-almighty, eh??? Sounds like you got a lawyer or a singer, there, Queenie!(LOL!)

I don't know what the devil I'd do if some little boy came walkin' up to me lookin' like me, and poppin' mad bubblegum.... Oooooooh, boy! Make a ole man turn tail and run for his life... Is it Chucky??? Naw,shoot, it's lil Isaiah the II..LOL!

Peace!
    Isaiah