Black Spirituality Religion : Major problem with Noah story

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by ru2religious, Apr 4, 2011.

1. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    This has some cussing in the video - but I found it to be a good break down of why the ark story doesn't work on a physical level.

Please note Atheist put up this video and called it comedy - I didn't find it to funny but gave some good statistics. Secondly, I'm not an atheist!

Peace and Blessings

Ru2religious

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    What is your opinion or understanding of the story of Shango?

3. larry

larry Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Was checking the Susan Rennison interview posted earlier today, a lot of talk about plasma, electromagnetic grids around all living beings (earth included) and she hinted on the atmosphere being charged with this plasma, and she used the word arc / ark? ti describe it. Wonder if the story is an allusion to that info, this cosmic weather thing with huge insurmountable amounts of energy being released on the other side of the universe causing things here now, and coinciding with the entering into a new age / collective understanding etc . . . Seems interesting if I apply it to these stories. Which there seems to be a popular belief that they're simply illustrations of a much more complex point. Just what I'm thinking, I don't what I actually believe, except that a small group of classified humans beings have EXTREMELY LIMITED capacity to understand the system they live in. Me included. I want someone to tell me EXACTLY what happens when and after I die, outside of a biblical interpretation, then I'd give that group a people a little more listening time. Until then . . . I'm inclined to think we're all speculating and giving opinion, sprinkle with particles, infinitesimal in their smallness, but somehow there cause we all have our version of what we perceive things to be, and who can say who's 100% wrong, forget about right.

4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

I have not had a chance to view the video, but i humbly submit that this is just another event kidnapped from us , twisted and placed in what is falsely known as the bible...

For instance to house 2 of every species on earth, exactly how big was this "boat"?

When Noah "landed" the 'ark/arc', why didn't he thank 'god' first? You know the one who chose to save his and his families life..... The first thing he did was get twisted! lol - Probably needed to after smelling and cleaning all that ish for all of that time (oh, that's right it doesn't mention cleaning or feeding any of the animals)

Even if the story was true and every living thing on earth was 'destroyed' then that means that this 'ark' was hovering above the earth, correct? So the question would still remain as to where Noah got the grapes to get twisted when he stepped off of the 'ark' in the first place.....

5. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Anansi could not talk any more back then , then a spider can now

And if children understand the metaphor's expressing

wisdom in symbolic language,
    and obviously alegorical stories,
    how in the world

do we as adults miss that?

6. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    I agree, NOAH NEVER EXISTED AND THE STORY IS NOTHING MORE THAN MORE PLAGIARISM by THE WRITERS OF THE SO-CALLED BIBLE!!

Doesn't the Bible even call Noah 'perfect' or "without blemish", but later it states that THAT THERE IS NONE PERFECT BUT GOD?

7. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    If you all are going to believe in what you HEAR from the white man and his interpretations without checking what you believe to be his script, then so be it. But it would probably help you all to at least read and quote the parts you are referencing.

the Bible script does not say that 'Noah was perfect', rather it says that Noah was 'perfect in his GENERATIONS!' smh.

And as far as the you tube of white people's aethiest rendention of what they believe, I listened to a few minutes and realize that, again, it's not what the script stated...It's very misleading... but as usual, these white people believe that we will not look at the script for ourselves anyway, and become dutiful into doing their dirty work and spreading their false statements and their hatred for them...WOW!

8. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    My statement was in the form of a QUESTION for those literate enough to read correctly...maybe i should have made the question mark bigger!

I also mentioned 'without blemish', so i guess it is true that emotions can cloud the eye.....

Gen: 6:9 Varies from by-bill to bible, but for the most part it reads 'perfect in his generations'. The thing is perfect means perfect, regardless what he was perfect in, or had perfected! It also reads that he was 'blameless', which means without fault which is why GOD chose to save him and destroy all who were not PERFECT.....

so try not to get a headache wsyh....

Matt 5:48 "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

9. larry

larry Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Info-moetry I just took a quick look at gen 8:20 it said he built an altar and burnt clean animals as an offering. In ch 9 after he became a farmer he got twisted.

Chevron, I'm not sure if you were addressing me, but as I look at the flood story the most interesting part is the ark is given detailed heights in cubits. I'm not even about to say if it was big enough to physically do what was listed, but I am going to say that the story isn't supposed to be literal, meaning literally he took every animal on earth and put it inside a physical boat. I think it had to do with something a little more advanced and based on energy. There's also something I noticed, did any marine life die or get gathered onto the ark? In the KJV there was a specific phrase "on the dry land" everything died. It was in ch 7:22 gen. I could be very far off, unless they're calling creeping thing marine life and not just insects etc . . . I'm not challenging you Chevron, just asking what's your take on some of the ideas listed. I'm to the point where I'd like to hear definitive understanding of entire chapters, with their links to other books etc . . .

10. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    being perfect, perfect in one's generations, being fautless ...being presented faultless...all have distinctions in their terminologies when read in context. And the context that gave rise to the word 'perfect' in regards to Noah, it does not mean, AT THAT TIME, that it was referring to him 'being perfect', but it was concerning 'HIS GENERATIONS'.

yes. I believe that we humans are capable of getting it right and becoming perfect, but until that time of perfection, we all have to work it out.

And this thread shows how the Black man so loves to strike back at the ancient Black man, no matter what...doing the dirty work for White Supremacy. smh.