Nation of Gods and Earths : Mad Men

Bootzey

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
Peace,

I know there is only a handful of us on this site... and even less probably watch Mad Men.

Last night's (4/28/13) episode profiled the MLK assassination. Certain statements were made within the episode that seemed to conflict with what I had been told. Like there was rioting in Harlem. I wasn't alive in 1968 and my people aren't from Now Why Cee so I cannot dispute that. But I was under the impression that Allah and the 1st Born held it down.

Also the comment that the fictional character Henry Francis made was he didn't like that the mayor did business with militant criminals.

Y'all think he was referring to us?

Peace

if i remember right there was rioting across the nation….

1943-harlem-riot.jpeg

Peace,

I know there is only a handful of us on this site... and even less probably watch Mad Men.

Last night's (4/28/13) episode profiled the MLK assassination. Certain statements were made within the episode that seemed to conflict with what I had been told. Like there was rioting in Harlem. I wasn't alive in 1968 and my people aren't from Now Why Cee so I cannot dispute that. But I was under the impression that Allah and the 1st Born held it down.

Also the comment that the fictional character Henry Francis made was he didn't like that the mayor did business with militant criminals.

Peace
Peace,

This is an actual fact. Mayor Lindsay had set up "The Urban Task Force" which was chaired by his aid Barry Gottehrer. It was a group of city staff and neighborhood representatives that dealt with "urban affairs" throughout the various boroughs of New York City. Allah had worked with Barry Gottehrer before, even referring to him as a honorary 5%. Allah and some of his 5% were in the streets that night in Harlem trying to maintain order. There is brief mention of this in the 1968 article "Special Report: The City on the Eve of Destruction" - New York Magazine April 22, 1968.

So the nation was implied by the comments in Mad Men, because the task force had various leaders and they had ties to many "militant organizational leaders," one of which might be classified as Allah and his 5%. Historically speaking we wouldn't have been one of those so-called "militant groups" because we wasn't really on that "kill whitey" rhetoric but we were teaching the truth and there were many people who would pile us into that group because of that.

Peace

Peace,

Peace

When even the popular website wilipedia refers to Malcolm X as a 'Civil Rights leader', I've come to just consider whatever the media mainstream media presents as (at best) amusing fiction, worse revisionist b. s.

:11100: