May 16, 2002
Bronzeville USA
www.blackland.org
Occupation
Staying Alive
memorial-home-new_0.jpg

The National Memorial for Peace and Justice

https://museumandmemorial.eji.org/memorial

I wish the names of the racist murderers were also recorded and not just the people hung. There should be a plaque with their names listed and put on public display. Don't hide them. Let the world know, including their descendants, who they were. Why should Black people always be the ones to feel the pain and be reminded of the constant struggle for justice, while white folk walk around acting like it's our cross to bear alone? Nazi's were brought to trial for allegedly committing war crimes against Jews. Where is our justice?

I plan to visit the museum and memorial in Montgomery, AL. I'm making a commitment to. I think we all should.

One may ask in whose mind or body has history been rewritten. Certainly not in within the Black soul. That history certainly wouldn't be new or need rewritten for my parents or my grandparents or my great grandparents or my great great grandparents nor does it need to be any rewriting for me.
Welding that artistic vision of yesterday into how it relates to todays world leads to how how little has been in reality gained. Yes go visit, make it real if it isn't already a part of your very core, but walk away and decide what part you'll play in either the continuing of or the stopping of the flogging and stripping away, the very the lynching of your soul and for those destined to come after.

Teach the children well.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back