Black People : Lynching memorial rewrites American history

Fireman

May 19, 2017
It is about time. This is our holocaust memorial and museum.

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
I wish the names of the racist murderers were also recorded and not just the people hung. There should be a plaque with their names listed and put on public display. Don't hide them. Let the world know, including their descendants, who they were. Why should Black people always be the ones to feel the pain and be reminded of the constant struggle for justice, while white folk walk around acting like it's our cross to bear alone? Nazi's were brought to trial for allegedly committing war crimes against Jews. Where is our justice?

I plan to visit the museum and memorial in Montgomery, AL. I'm making a commitment to. I think we all should.

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
One may ask in whose mind or body has history been rewritten. Certainly not in within the Black soul. That history certainly wouldn't be new or need rewritten for my parents or my grandparents or my great grandparents or my great great grandparents nor does it need to be any rewriting for me.
Welding that artistic vision of yesterday into how it relates to todays world leads to how how little has been in reality gained. Yes go visit, make it real if it isn't already a part of your very core, but walk away and decide what part you'll play in either the continuing of or the stopping of the flogging and stripping away, the very the lynching of your soul and for those destined to come after.

Teach the children well.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart: