Black Spirituality Religion : Lycanthropy : Spirituality???

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Youko, May 31, 2013.

1. Youko

Youko Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Destroyer
    Ratings:
    +47
    Greetings N Salutations 2 All of yall hurr on Destee!! Im New Hurr N I Wanted 2 start my 1st thread About Lycanthropy (The Occult Meaning,Not the Media image.) Imma Proud Advocate Of Lycanthropy And Etheral Shapeshifting And I Have Much 2 Speak On! But 1st I Wanted 2 See if Anyone Else On Destee Knows About Lycanthropy And Its Ties With The Dark Side Of Shamanism i.e. Tapping into the Subconscious N The Awakening Of Old Animistic Ancestral Atavisms??..Our Ancestors did it And Believe it Or Not many still Practice it 2day ( Haitian Bizango Loup Garou, And N Mexico You Have The Skinwalkers) Who Are Actual Living Breathing Shamans Or Sorcerers, That Still Exist til this day..Just Look it up N Check 4 Yourself!..Its All A Form Of A Ancient More Primal Type Of Shapeshifting And Spiritual Transformation..Back When Everything Was Primal And Chaotic, Where The Law Of Nature Was Running the show..Not the Law Of "Man". Theres Humans,Gods And Titans:primal Primordial Deities (Perfect Personification Of The Ever Lasting Forever Moving Pregnant Mother/Father Void) The Shapeshifters Forever Changing.Never Sticking To 1 Paradigm..Forever Shall We Run Free.On Earth And On The Spiritual Planes And Forever Shall We Be Ready To Attack And Destroy Anything That Tries to delay Our Everlasting Evolution! Chaos is the Way 2 Destroy The Old 4 The New Improved, The BETTER! (4 All My Dark Magicians Hurr)....If Your Not Shapeshifting, You Need 2 start Kuzz Theres A War Being Fought Hurr Physically, Etherically,Astrally N Spiritually N I Think You Should Be Armed To the Tee! Stop Slaving Those Spirits And Start Beasting Yourself..Unlock Your Inner Beast (subconscious) Animal Self. Your Companion 4 Eternity..Your Soul Double..Its Finally Hurr The Time 4 All of us 2 remember who we Are And Grab this Matrix By The Throat And Shake it til its Limp Then Devour Ittt Bones And All!! Die Christian West..Die Maya..Awaken Titans,Nephilim,Rokkr..Its Time To Destroy What We Dont Want Anymore And Rebuild What We Trully Desire!!..Feel Free 2 Comment

Youko:The Beast Will Have Its DAy!

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    :hello: Youko ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thanks for joining us and sharing! What an entrance !!!! ... :bowdown:

I wanna say make yourself at home, but it seems you've already done that !!! ... :love: ... very good! :wink:

I had never heard of lycanthropy prior to you presenting it ... very interesting.

I looked it up, and Wikipedia says this :

Lycanthropy is the professed ability or power of a human being to transform into a wolf, or to gain wolf-like characteristics. (Not to be confused with shape-shifting.) The term comes from Greek λυκάνθρωπος lykànthropos "werewolf" (a compound of λύκος lykos "wolf" and άνθρωπος ànthrōpos "human").

The word "lycanthropy" is sometimes used generically for any transformation of a human into animal form. The more precise term for this is therianthropy.

Above you say ... The Occult Meaning,Not the Media image ... what is the media image?

I don't think i know it, or the occult meaning ... so i'm wondering how would i differentiate one from the other?

Very interesting information you're sharing with us, and i'm looking forward to learning!

Thanks again for joining us ... and please do ... make yourself at home.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

3. Youko

United States
    Destroyer
    Ratings:
    +47
    Thank You Mz.Destee I Am Honoured!! Now Let Me Kick it off Like This The Media Image Of Lycanthropy Is Of A Human Whose Physical Skeletal Structure Changes form Into the Wolf, The Transformation Is Showed 2 Be Slow N Extremely Painful.The Human Is Under The Control Of The Full Moon Which Turns them into A Psycotic Rampaging Half man/half wolf Creature, Who "supposedly" has no control of their selves All they know is destroy N they can only be killed by A silver bullet. (@ Least thats whats portrayed in the films) Now The Occult Meaning And The Actual Shapeshifting Folklore Of Lycanthropy Has 2 do with Shaping Your Etheric body into the shape of A Actual Wolf. Let Me Quote Something: Werewolves are actually people using etheric energy to either cloak or project an image of said werewolf. So really you don't have to be bitten or drink from the print left by a wolf. All you have to do is either use google for etheric projection or find a local shaman.As of the no part. Well you are not really a werewolf. You don't get super abilities. The only thing to get those abilities is your etheric projection.Here let me explain how each type works.1st) Garment type projection is the least common. This is where the user builds up and surrounds themselves with etheric energy. They then proceed to warp it into the shape you see. So really they are human but just engulfed by etheric energy. You get the super abilities while in this form, but if you are not use to controlling your energy you will fall into a constant berserker state of mind. You will mostly see shaman use this type of transformation.2nd) Etheric Projection method. This involves the user to create an etheric energy into the shape of a werewolf and control it from a distance. These mostly seem like ghostly demons of the dark. This type is the more frightening of the two. Mostly because the user controls it from a distance in a sleep like state. If you awake or are awaken the etheric werewolf will dissipate. This is the most common of the two. You Should Also Check Out John Michael Greers book Monsters it talks About Etheric Werewolves And Other Shapeshifters And How Etheric Shapeshifting Has Been Used N Cultivated Over The Aeons N How Different it Trully is 2 how its betrayed on the media Shame. Plenty More 2 Speak On Any more Questions Mz.Destee? Lets Make This Thread HOTT!!

Youko:Daimon Or Demon?...

4. THE DARKSIDE RISES

THE DARKSIDE RISES Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Chaos Youko!!!!

You come straight out the box....I'm watching you

DARKSIDE MAGICK---- Reopening the portal

5. Youko

United States
    Destroyer
    Ratings:
    +47
    ;-) Lets Unleash The ChAos Here on destee Bro..What Do You SAy?

*Youko* Young, Bright, N Chaotic!

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

wow ... okay ... very good answer ... i understood what you said ... for the most part ... i think ... :)

one thing i'd like to suggest ... that might make it easier to read and understand you ... is if you could put some blank lines within your text ... sorta make short paragraphs instead of one just long one (i did it in your quote above) ... read'n the big whole paragraph jumbled together is kinda hard ... though ... i'm thinking ... if i could better control and focus my etheric energy ... i'd problee be right with you without the blank lines ... huh ?? ... :wink:

Okay ... but for real though ... GREAT RESPONSE!

You absolutely spoke on the differences between the media image and the occult ... great great great!

In fact, you gave so much more ... such a treat! ... okay ... let me see where my questions are ... :research:

Werewolves are people using etheric energy?! - i had no idea, but i've never seen a werewolf in real life.

All you have to do is use google?! - that's surprising, but i guess it's good that it's easily accessible by all

Well you are not really a werewolf. - if you're not really a werewolf, why the reference to werewolf?

Thanks for the Garment and Etheric Projection type introductions / explanations ... good stuff!

Can a person employ both, or are they usually going to do one or the other exclusively?

Does the Garment Projection happen when one is in a sleep state, like the Etheric Projection?

I could see how living in this space, if done wrong, could make someone go berserk.

Are warnings given to those considering this, that they may lose their mind if not done properly?

I think that's it right now, though if i were to choose one ... i'd go for the Garment Projection ... :look:

Oh wait ... one more question ... i kinda mentioned above, but what is the relevance to werewolves ... why not pick any thing known to man (like a lion, tiger, or bear) ... ?? ... are you saying that that is EXACTLY what a werewolf is ... the product of lycanthropy ... so that's why it's being referenced?

Okay ... Good Stuff ... Great Teacher ... Thanks for Sharing!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

7. Youko

United States
    Destroyer
    Ratings:
    +47
    Ok I'll Be Sure 2 do that this time! Now 2 Your Questions.

You Asked If Your Not Really A Werewolf Then Why The Reference? Well Its Simple Bkuz You Really Are A Werewolf (Shapeshifter) Just Not The Way Its Portrayed N The Media And N The Minds Of Others.

Instead Of Physically Shifting Your Physical Shell Into A Bi-Pedal Hairy Monster, You Shift Your Etheric Shell Into A Actual Wolf Form (A Lil Bigger Than A Regular Wolf But Still A 4 Legged Wolf.)

Now About The Garment And Etheric Projection, Yes You Can Achieve Both, Its Just 1 Is Tougher 2 Accomplish Than The Other. Etheric Energy Can Be Manipulated With Thought Power, So Concentration is A MUST!

You Also Asked Does The Garment Form Require You 2 Be Inna Near Sleep State?...Not Exactly Its Really Saying You Need A Altered State Of Awareness, A Deep Trance, You Need 2 Let Go Of Your Conscious (Human self) N Let Your Subconscious (Animal Self) Posses You.

So No You Dont Have 2 Be Inna Sleep State Just Altered State Of Mind.

Losing Your Your Mind Is Part Of The Practice Within Lycanthropy Its Called Ecstasy. Its All Part Of A Magico-Religious Practice. Warrior Shamanism if You May. (Check Out Berserkers And Ulfhednar) The Mind Is An Illusion 2 Me, Its Rational it can only go so Far.

Now The Subconscious Thats Another Story! The Supreme Mind (Infinite Possibilities.)

Yess Maam I Hear You! The Garment Form Is The Preferred Form N The Most Difficult 2 Accomplish If I May Add.

4 Your Last Question I Have Something Special 4 You..Its Kinda Long Though So Sorry ;-)

Here is an excerpt from John Michael Greer's book "Monsters," in which he explains from a magicians point of view just what the shapeshifters we know as "werewolves" are and goes on to explain the relevance of some of the various myths surrounding them. Werewolves With werewolves and all other shapeshifters, as with many of the other important monsters of traditional lore, it’s clear that we’re considering a specific and consistent phenomenon.

In the case of shapeshifting, the key to that phenomenon is to be found in the etheric level of being, and specifically what many magicians call the body of transformation. Along with the material body, magical philosophy teaches that there are a series of other, subtler bodies: the etheric body, the astral body, the mental body, and the spiritual body. Under some conditions, the three higher bodies of a human being can either leave behind the two lower ones, traveling out of the body, or split the etheric body, leaving part in the physical body and using part as a vehicle for out of body travel.

The first and more well known of these is called astral projection, the second is etheric projection. In most cases of etheric projection, the etheric vehicle still retains the shape of the human body, just as it does after death. By certain techniques, though, the etheric vehicle can be reshaped into an animal form, and charged with etheric substance drawn from sources outside the body. If this is done in the right way, much of the animal’s power and perceptions will infuse the etheric vehicle as well.The result is an animal body of transformation, an almost physical animal shape in which the shapeshifter can travel about at will.

The lore of animal bodies of transformation can be found in many of the world’s surviving magical systems, since these etheric structures are a very useful part of the magician’s toolkit, for two main reasons.First of all, because the animal body of transformation will have many of the characteristics of the animal on which it is modeled, those who take on such a body will have abilities and senses possessed by animals but not, under normal conditions, by human beings. A hawk’s exceptional sight, a wolf’s tireless pace, or a bear’s over-whelming strength can thus be drawn on by the shapeshifter who takes on the form of these animals.

Second, a properly constructed body of transformation is far more robust than the “body of light” used in astral projection and similar forms of out of body experience. Since it draws on etheric material from outside the shapeshifter’s own etheric body, it isn’t limited to the amount of etheric substance the shapeshifter can afford to divert from the work of keeping his or her physical body alive. The result is a far more intense (and far more useful) body of transformation, one that can accomplish many tasks that ordinary etheric or astral projection cannot.

To judge by the old lore, there are two different ways in which an animal body of transformation can be used. The first is a variant of etheric projection, used for a more robust variety of out of body experience. Using this method, the shapeshifter leaves his or her physical body in a state of deep trance, and formulates the animal body of transformation as a vehicle for the astral, mental, and spiritual parts of himself or herself. This is the easier and more common of the two methods.

In the second method, the shapeshifter formulates an animal body of transformation while remaining awake and active in his or her physical body. The body of transformation becomes a shell of etheric substance around the shapeshifter’s human form, adding many of its animal powers to the human capabilities of the shapeshifter. This is the method that was apparently used by most of the werewolves of the Middle Ages, and most of the Norse berserkers; it seems to be the only method that allows shapeshifters to cause direct physical injuries to people and animals, although some stories indicate this might have once been different.Once the etheric basis of shapeshifting is understood, most of the puzzling features of the old lore make sense at once.

For example, since the moon governs the etheric tides on Earth, and the full moon marks the peak of those tides, it’s not surprising that in many areas shapeshifters carry out their art when the moon is full. Etheric energies in the spiritus mundi or subtle body of the Earth are at their peak when the moon is full, and the task of formulating a body of transformation is much easier.Magical teachings about the etheric body also make sense about the lore surround methods of wounding or killing werewolves. Dense etheric patterns are more or less invulnerable to most ordinary physical objects, but can be damaged by metals, especially highly conductive ones like silver.

Since the shapeshifter’s own etheric body provides at least some of the substance of the body of transformation, and since the etheric body forms the framework on which the dense matter of the physical body is arranged, any damage to the animal form will be mirrored in the shapeshifter’s human body as well. This is known as repercussion among magicians, and forms one of the potential hazards of any sort of out of body experience.More drastic results are caused by a conductive metal object that passes through the core of the body of transformation.

If the shapeshifter is projecting the animal body at some distance from his or her physical body, the result is usually sudden death. The body of transformation implodes, and the shapeshifter-with no way to reconnect to the physical body- passes through the Second Death instantly.If the shapeshifter is physically present with the body of transformation, on the other hand, the results are less immediately fatal, but the shapeshifter is likely to be pretty dazed from the etheric rebound, and is likely to slip into a life-threatening state of shock. Either way, the werewolf’s traditional dead of silver makes a great deal more sense in magical terms. The classic European werewolf is not a common monster in the present age, and unless you spend time in isolated corners of Eastern Europe or in areas heavily settled by immigrants from Slavic countries, your chances of encountering one is fairly low.

Matters are far different with the shapeshifting traditions that were here long before Columbus blundered his way to American shores. All through the western half of the continent, especially the southwest, shapeshifters of various kinds (typically referred to as skinwalkers) remain an active presence. If you live in the right part of the country, it’s not impossible that you may someday come across a shapeshifter.

Theres More 2 It But I Hope I Covered What You Needed So Far. Anymore Questions Feel Free 2 Ask!

*Youko* I Come 4rm A Bloodline Of Shapeshifters!

8. BlackSunlight

BlackSunlight Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +91
    I really don't mean to offend but I just couldn't resist. :rofl:

I remember when that movie was out, even though it may look lame now, everybody was going to see that joint especially for that one scene. People was talking about that movie for weeks.

Also here's my top-ten favorite werewolf joints...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] A werewolf preacher, now ain't that something. LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Funny as well as scarey.

[​IMG] The granddaddy of 'em all, the original.

And...

[​IMG] the remake that also became a classic.

Like I said, this isn't meant in any way as a put-down (just havin' a little fun) 'cause to tell the truth, for the record, although I've never experienced anything having to do with "Lycanthropy", I had some other paranormal experiences and things along that line as well.

Anyway, hi.

9. Youko

United States
    Destroyer
    Ratings:
    +47
    No Offense Taken! Hi N May I Add I Think You Should Study Occult Lycanthropy Or Etheric Shapeshifting. Quite The Experience! You Want Be Disappointed! Study It,Practice It, Its Gonna Come N Handy Reallll Soon.

*Youko*

10. Youko

United States
    Destroyer
    Ratings:
    +47
    History of the ShapeShifter

The idea of a man or woman with the ability to change their shape into that of an animal seems preposterous at first glance. The process of physically transforming a human being into a wolf would require massive reshaping of bones, muscles, and internal organs- a task far beyond the reach of the most advanced medical techniques. If some weird genetic fluke allowed it to take place at all, it would require months, not the minutes allowed by folklore accounts. It’s easy to see, therefore, why tales of werewolves and other shapeshifters were labeled nonsense by scientists hundreds of years ago. Still, that rejection is based on a misunderstanding.

The accounts of werewolves in folklore and magical tradition do not require a physical transformation of human into wold. In fact, when these accounts are read with a careful eye, it’s obvious that something very different and more complex is going on.

Shifting Shapes
    The critical point that needs to be grasped here is that shapeshifting is not a matter of a true physical transformation. This is anything but a new discovery. Nearly everyone who wrote about werewolves in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, for example, held that a physical transformation of man into wolf was impossible, and discussed in fine detail whether lycanthropy was pure hallucination or whether something more complex was going on. The first significant textbook of the modern magical revival, Eliphas Levi’s Transcendental Magic, includes a discussion of shapeshifting in terms not far different from the ones we’ll be using here.The same point can also be found throughout the actual records of lycanthropy. In many cases, the human body of the werewolf was found lying asleep in bed, or curled up under a bush in the forest, while the werewolf prowled the night. In other cases, the animal form seems to have surrounded the human body of the werewolf like a garment. That garment was not always complete. Medieval records are full of accounts like that of Benoist Bidel, fatally wounded while trying to defend his sister from a werewolf, who reported before he died that the wolf who attacked him had forefeet like a man’s hands covered with hair; this particular account is from Henri Boquet’s Discours des Sorciers of 1590 (Summers, 1966, p. 122).Accounts of the method of transformation vary widely in the records, changing form nearly as readily as werewolves themselves. The idea that the transformation happens by itself at the full of the moon- a notion made famous by any number of horror films- can be found in werewolf folklore all over Europe, but it’s not the only explanation. Norse werewolves, according to the sixteenth century historian Olaus Magnus, murmured a charm over a cup of ale and then drank it. In Western Europe and among the Slavic people of the same period, the process involved rubbing a magical ointment all over the body, and then donning a wolf’s pelt or a belt made of wolfskin. Many records of lycanthropy suggest that a charm was sung or spoken aloud by the werewolf as part of the shapeshifting process.The ointment mentioned in many werewolf accounts is an interesting point. There are some hints that hallucinogenic drugs played an important part in the werewolf tradition, and certainly the few recorded recipes for werewolf ointments contain powerful hallucinogenic herbs such as belladonna, monkshood, henbane, and the like- herbs that also had a place in the “flying ointments” used by medieval witches. NOTE(Be aware, though, that all these plants are extremely poisonous and can cause cardiac arrest and sudden death. If you plan on taking up lycanthropy yourself, there are safer ways to go about it.)

The process used to change back from wolf-shape to human-shape also takes different forms in the lore. Many of those traditions that speak of a wolfskin belt indicate that the werewolf has only to unfasten this to return to human form. A large number of sources suggest that the werewolf has to bathe in running water in order to take on a human shape, which is interesting since cold, running water can be a huge disrupter to etheric vibrations. In other traditions, by contrast, the transformation back to human form can be done at will by the shapeshifter.The ways people defended themselves against werewolves are also relevant. The monster movie cliché that werewolves can only be harmed by a weapon made of silver appears in some sources, but others suggest that any metal weapon can injure or kill a werewolf, and some claim that the animal form is as vulnerable as an ordinary wolf. A claim of particular importance, found in French and Eastern European sources, is that cold iron will cause the wolf-form of a werewolf to instantly disappear.

*Youko*