Black Spirituality Religion : Lucifer is a Man

JoWillie said:
Isaiah 14:12-16 (KJV)

In the Christian Bible the term “man” in this verse relates
to one of the Babylonian kings of that time, either Sennacherib or Nebuchadnezzar. These were two kings who had supreme power
over their people and the people believed that their kings
were gods.

Like Satan, both these kings wanted to rule the world and had enslaved and oppressed the Israelites. Isaiah 14 deals with prophecy and judgement of Satan and the Babylonian kings. In Biblical history, Babylon is the seat of evil spoken of in Rev. 17 and 18.

Pride was the sin that caused God to judge Satan in the first place. Both Satan and the human kings had willfully opposed God with their pride. But as the text goes, the kings were eventually destroyed but one day in the final judgement, both Satan and all who oppose God will receive eternal destruction.
Satan is not mentioned in this passage. Nor in the entire chapter. It is only through tradition and conjecture that the church has come to see Lucifer as satan because the name Lucifer appears no where else but in ths verse.

If Lucifer is satan why did Jesus refer to himself by the same name?

JoWillie said:
Isaiah 14:12-16 (KJV)

In the Christian Bible the term “man” in this verse relates
to one of the Babylonian kings of that time, either Sennacherib or Nebuchadnezzar. These were two kings who had supreme power
over their people and the people believed that their kings
were gods.

Like Satan, both these kings wanted to rule the world and had enslaved and oppressed the Israelites. Isaiah 14 deals with prophecy and judgement of Satan and the Babylonian kings. In Biblical history, Babylon is the seat of evil spoken of in Rev. 17 and 18.

Pride was the sin that caused God to judge Satan in the first place. Both Satan and the human kings had willfully opposed God with their pride. But as the text goes, the kings were eventually destroyed but one day in the final judgement, both Satan and all who oppose God will receive eternal destruction.

#1) No where in this thread is "SATAN" being discussed. We are addressing the attribute "LUCIFER" not "SATAN".

These 2 terms, while often correlative, are not identical, neither in their meanings, nor their etymological origins.

Do you know the difference?

#2) The Sumerian spiritual system indicates that the Presence of God and Man was intertwined, and therefore though the king and queen was seen as a "God-Head", that does not mean that even the commoner was no less divine.

Sumerian (which you, the Bible, and the world proper incorrectly calls BABYLONIAN) theology was essentially an indigenous ATR, nearly identical to Kemetic METU NETER, and West African YORUBA. They all share a common cosmology, even down to some of the dialectal names.

PEACE

2 Timothy 1:7

this is it for me,, I'm tired, I volunteered at least 6 hours this evening to the effort to help pack items for the New Orleans relief effort..I was reviewing and wanted to just give one more response to this question..then I'm finished!!! Peace...

--------------------

I have read and researched a lot of this other stuff written about the different religions on this board and find that for me it is very profitable for my Christian education.

Thus knowing that there are people who hold so many adulterated opinions of God has allowed me to be more effective in how I teach and live my Christian faith.

A question was asked, I only answered whether anyone agrees with me or not. It is what it is.

This sneaky and deceptive question deserves a sincere and honest answer for those who may be really interested in my point of view. If this is Jesus-bait to cause another thread of views that go nowhere then I’m not interested.

Lucifer:
1. Means: day star, or light-bearer (II Cor. 11:14) God created him like He created everything else for His purpose but he failed in his assigned appointment. To know why he failed read Isaiah 14:12-14. (ans.: his own pride and self-will corrupted him. Rebellion ruled his heart).

Satan:
1. A title of many titles for the evil one. The word Satan is the Hebrew word meaning adversary. A few more titles: serpent (Rev. 12:9), liar (John 8:44), great dragon (Rev. 12:9), murderer (John 8:44), god of this world (II Cor. 4:4), deceiver (Rev. 12:9), beelzebub (Matt.12:27), and belial (II Cor. 6:15)
2. Devil is derived from the Greek diabolos, meaning accuser or slanderer.

I will say what I have continually said before, it is a person’s right to believe in what they choose to believe.

Those who DO NOT believe in the Christian Bible as the true Word of God have NO authority to judge or correct those who do. (2 Cort. 4:2). The reason being is that in God’s Word:

-No words can be added nor can words be taken away.
(Deut. 4:2, 12:32 and Rev. 22:18, 19).
-Is the standard for which God will judge mankind - (John 12:48).
-It is good for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in truthfulness - (2 Tim. 3:16,17).

The person who is threatened by my answers has much too small of an understanding of the God I know. For the greatest reward for me is seeking progress in my faith walk and achieving something I perceive as eternally significant.

If you find error in God’s Word then you need to take it directly to Him and not me. I didn’t write it, I only believe it and live it.

However I have a three questions to river :

What’s the purpose for presenting this type of question?

What’s the point? Especially if you and some others are not open to or appear agitated with perspectives different then your own.

Why not just go to the internet and get the answers that fit into what you want to believe?

JoWillie said:
this is it for me,, I'm tired, I volunteered at least 6 hours this evening to the effort to help pack items for the New Orleans relief effort..
That's very admirable of you. Of course now you already have your reward.
I was reviewing and wanted to just give one more response to this question..then I'm finished!!! Peace...

--------------------

I have read and researched a lot of this other stuff written about the different religions on this board and find that for me it is very profitable for my Christian education.

Thus knowing that there are people who hold so many adulterated opinions of God has allowed me to be more effective in how I teach and live my Christian faith.
If that is the only profit you can grasp from the knowledge passed on here you have missed the better part of it.
A question was asked, I only answered whether anyone agrees with me or not. It is what it is.

This sneaky and deceptive question deserves a sincere and honest answer for those who may be really interested in my point of view. If this is Jesus-bait to cause another thread of views that go nowhere then I’m not interested.
I don't no what question you refer to but a sincere and honest answer is not something I expect to come from you.
Lucifer:
1. Means: day star, or light-bearer (II Cor. 11:14) God created him like He created everything else for His purpose but he failed in his assigned appointment. To know why he failed read Isaiah 14:12-14. (ans.: his own pride and self-will corrupted him. Rebellion ruled his heart).

Satan:
1. A title of many titles for the evil one. The word Satan is the Hebrew word meaning adversary. A few more titles: serpent (Rev. 12:9), liar (John 8:44), great dragon (Rev. 12:9), murderer (John 8:44), god of this world (II Cor. 4:4), deceiver (Rev. 12:9), beelzebub (Matt.12:27), and belial (II Cor. 6:15)
2. Devil is derived from the Greek diabolos, meaning accuser or slanderer.

I will say what I have continually said before, it is a person’s right to believe in what they choose to believe.
You say this to what you mistakienly think is your advantage, but if you sincerely believed this why would you call what others believe sneaky and deceptive?
Those who DO NOT believe in the Christian Bible as the true Word of God have NO authority to judge or correct those who do. (2 Cort. 4:2). The reason being is that in God’s Word:
I reserve the right to judge and determine the veracity of any book I read. If I read it and decide I do not believe it then I have a right to say why I don't believe it. What you do not have is the authority to tell me what I can and can not say. You may think you have such authority but you don't have the ability.

The bible is a book that simply can not stand up to close scrutiny. That's why belief is so important because anyone who approaches it intelligently will immediately see its flaws.
-No words can be added nor can words be taken away.
(Deut. 4:2, 12:32 and Rev. 22:18, 19).
All the rest of the old Testament and the entire new testament was added after this was written. The Council of Nice who put your bible together in the fourth century took away most of the manuscripts the early church considered to be scripture.

Everytime a new version comes out something is added to and subtracted from the bible. Is this last atatement of yours what you call an honest and sincere answer?
-Is the standard for which God will judge mankind - (John 12:48).
-It is good for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in truthfulness - (2 Tim. 3:16,17).
The standard of instruction in righteousness and teaching my Creator has taught me is far above what the god of the bible would have me to do--most of which would land me in jail.
The person who is threatened by my answers has much too small of an understanding of the God I know. For the greatest reward for me is seeking progress in my faith walk and achieving something I perceive as eternally significant.
No one here is threatened by your attempts at an answer. Amused maybe. And perhaps a little exasperated. As the self-appointed spokesman for christianity you have had absolutely no effect except to prove once again that the bible is simply too contradictory and given to interpretation to be of any use to anyone seriously seeking to know the Creator.
If you find error in God’s Word then you need to take it directly to Him and not me. I didn’t write it, I only believe it and live it.
I don't find errors in God's word. Anything written by God can have no errors. But the by-Bill was written by man and its errors are so glaring as to discredit anyone who insists they aren't there. That mean s you.
However I have a three questions to river :

What’s the purpose for presenting this type of question?
The purpose of any post on this board is to share knowledge and ideas. Do you have a problem with that?
[
What’s the point? Especially if you and some others are not open to or appear agitated with perspectives different then your own.
It is your not merely apparent but glaring agitation with ideas different from your own that leads you to ask these questions. I presented a view and instead of countering that view logically you tell me I have no authority to present it at all. But I have presented it so you just have to deal with that.
Why not just go to the internet and get the answers that fit into what you want to believe?
I don't even know what this last question is about. Just your last display of obtuse communication. Since you're so tired why don't you take a break? You sound like you need one.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back