Black Women : Loving People

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by CarrieMonet, Dec 28, 2004.

1. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    Who are the 3 most loving people you know and what do you feel you learned from them?

2. 1hotvirgowoman

1hotvirgowoman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6

Well Carrie, I'll start off saying that this is a very good Thread Topic- mucho accolades to you.

1) My Mom. She taught me to be independant and determined. Not to let ANYONE Push or Punk me. To stand up for myself and others. To be a fighter!. She taught me to be Polite , Courteous, Cautious and helped me form my sense of Humor. Helped me recognize a Phony individual when I saw one. Taught me Humility and made me into the Chick that I am today!

2)My Auntie Tanny. She taught me to maintain a Professional Status at all times. Made me see that there is nothing wrong with being "Big and Beautiful"(she really is physically and mentally Beautiful), she also taught me how to remember oneliners from Movies and various other Shows so in a way, she too has molded my sense of Humor.

I can't say that I have a third despite various Family members, but these Two Ladies have been the most influential on my life. They will probably never know how much I feel for them for mere words cannot decribe how much I love them so...

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    1) My mother

2) My wife

3) My daughter, when she doesn't have an attitude!

4. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    1. My parents, who are now deceased, taught me what unconditional love is all about.
    2. My children, not only for their love for me, but their unbending love for each other, through thick and thin.

5. mshoneythang

mshoneythang Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    1-my boyfriend first and foremost. he's taught me lessons that nobody else has been able to. he's shown me a love that nobody else has, and i wouldn't trade him or anything we've been through for the world.

2-my cousin jimmy. he's the only person who's tried to help me through my problems, i know that i can come to him with anything.

3-most of the rest of my cousins!

6. atomicangel

atomicangel Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    1) my mother- she taught me everything and has never stopped loving me and always tries to help other people.

2)my brothers-i dont even know how to tell you about their kind of love but it's the best

3)i think myself- now dont call me vain, but i always try to have love 4 every1. i've been hurt by people a lot but i always seem to forgive them or try to see the good in them. i'm not perfect, but i never stop giving. i think it's because of my Catholic upbringing. i believe strongly in forgiveness and loving my friends and foes.

7. QUEEN ABENA

QUEEN ABENA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    3 most loving people i know hmmm
    lets see
    1 -there's deja my daughter who has and continues to teach me patience
    (ere'day all day) she keeps me focused and inspires me to stay positive

2 - Momma -NUFF SAID

3 - my sister tamika(sweet like suga) she helps me out wit ere'thing no questions asked. Never judges.

My 3 lovely ladies:hearts4:

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    1.My Kids
    2.My sister
    3.Destee

9. sonnee01

sonnee01 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +29
    Wow.. Time to give back huh...

I would have to say:

First, My Grandmother....she taught me to love myself just the way I am, and not to compromise to please others. She imparted in me to be real and honest with myself, she always said "it's really easy to fool others but you can't fool myself"

Second, My Aunt Margaret.... she taught me at a very early age how to comb my hair and take pride in how I look. She taught me how not to harbor hate and jealousy in my heart, as those things only hurts me. She taught me how to appreciate the simple things in life.

Third, I would have to say my Best Friend Lorraine.. she is the sweetest person in the world to me. She keeps it real and always has something postitive flowing out of her heart. She is not the type of friend that I have to talk to on a daily. We have the type of friendship that whenever one of us sends out a "call of distress", or a "I was just thinking about you" the other is right there ready to make any adjustments necessary.

10. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    My daughter. Although I am strong ,I do beleive she is stronger than me.
    She's only nine years old and she gives me knowledge on days I refuse to listen.
    She writes poetry inadvertily that explains exactly what I'm feeling or going through.
    She's my angel:kiss1:

My aunt- she said never feel bad about what makes you happy.
    Everyone will not like or love you just as long as you love yourself it doesn't matter how they feel about you.

My friend-You are too good for anyone who doesn't appreciate you.
    Accept people for who they are especially the bad.You are not God, you can't make them better.