Black People : Lovely Muslimah Explains Her Preference For Muslimah Clothes

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by HyperKill, Sep 1, 2010.

1. HyperKill

HyperKill Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +319
  2. StefiA

StefiA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +215
    Agreed - people should be allowed to wear what they want. If she is happy wearing that then that's fine - so long as nobody is forcing her into wearing it I have no problem. But... I honestly don't think you need to go that far if you don't want to, especially for non-Muslim girls - like I said on the other thread there's styles that are less restrictive that are still what I'd call modest as in not flashing things in front of a guy. This is what I was wearing today, except my blue kurti rather than this burgundy one over a pair of jeans - now I wouldn't call that provocative but its not as restricted as hijabs or burkas

[​IMG]

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Keep in mind that while viewed as restrictive and oppressive (the wearing of hijab and burka) many Muslim women wear these with pride and a clear sense of anti-colonialism and resistence to western cultural imperialism.

4. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    It should aslo be noted that women (in muslim countries )who wear the hijab and burka often suffer from severe vitamin D deficiency.

5. HyperKill

HyperKill Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +319
    yeah, its a shame that feminism only views freedom in terms of sexual degredation. wouldn't it be her female rights to wear a hijab, especially in a culture where it isn't ordered by law?

6. StefiA

Ratings:
    +215
    @omowalejabali
    Very true - as I said I have no problem with people wearing them if they want to and indeed I am against some countries that prohibit girls wearing them - but if you're not a Muslim you can still dress in a modest way without covering up completely. I'm a Christian and as such I believe in dressing myself in clothes that aren't overly provocative when just out and about in the street - if you're on a beach or something then that's different, but I wouldn't go round in Daisy Dukes and a boob tube or anything when in a normal place.

7. HyperKill

HyperKill Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +319
    You don't have to worry about that.

8. StefiA

Ratings:
    +215
    @Hyperkill
    You're giving me one of your cryptic answers again - remember I'm no good at reading in between the lines - what do you mean?

9. bientempo

bientempo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Dominican Republic
    Ratings:
    +165
    Coming from a climate that is always warm, I could not imagine the women wearing a burka, "head to toe covering" but if thats what they desire, then so be it.
    I do feel that there are certain places that it should be restricted. As I cannot enter a bank with sunglasses and a cap, then they should not be allowed to enter fully covered. Other wise what is the use of the security cameras. There have been cases of robbery that were carried out by people dressed in burka's, and they have no idea of the color, sex, etc of the person doing the robbery.

No problem at all with the other modes of dress. Just don't cover the face. How do you tell who is really behind the mask?

10. HyperKill

HyperKill Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +319
    So every bro with a skully is suspect as many of us have robbed banks also? Are we gonna make every white boy grow hair because of a few skin heads? Just give me ur civil opinion.