Black Relationships : Love vs Family

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by PoeticAlize, Nov 24, 2002.

1. PoeticAlize

PoeticAlize Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student...c/o 2003
    Ratings:
    +2
    In my family, holidays are a big deal. Everyone is expected to attend, and if you don't, than there better be a very good reason. It was recently brought to my attention, by my mother, that we were expected in at my grandmother's house for Christmas. My grandmother lives in Washington DC, I live in Virginia Beach. Normally, I would have no issue with this, but my boyfriend is coming home. He is in the ARMY, and I have not seem him since October 7th. I really would like to spend Christmas with him, because once he goes to Texas January 2nd, I will not see him until March 16th. Is it wrong for me to miss the family get together, because I want to be with my boyfriend??

***My mother is going to Vegas with her boyfriend for New Years'

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    Family is family when u in need family will be there
    yet to see ya mate is grand but inside facts is one so
    love of heart yet can walk away to break a family bond
    is not so wrong coz we all have to move on in our own life
    yet what means so much to a family traditional is wrong !
    to have it all in one why not get with him and then you both
    take the trip to Washington be with the family that day and once
    that take place then spend the rest of the day with him
    if love is in bond he will understand and likewise as the family
    knowing he's home only for a short time .....be wise of your choice
    Da $$RICHNE$$ has spoken !!)))>>>

3. nikigirl06

nikigirl06 Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    you should spend it with ur boyfriend

i think that you should spend christmas with ur boyfriend if you are not going to be able to see him and you have not seen him for along time although your family probably means the world to you and you want to see them you need to let them know and understand that you would like to spend christmas with your boyfriend and that's just what i think

get back at me nikigirl

4. soulsistah16

soulsistah16 Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    family is everything to me i would spend the holidays with my family for anything but if this guy means alot to you and you really want to see him and be with him before he leaves and you not see him for awhile then do it. i'm sure your family will understand that and be able to be like well go ahead and be with your boo.

holla at me
    soulsistah16

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    family first blood thicker then water

6. BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE

BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Nefertum Husia Shayheh MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +112
    "Love plays people both ways from beds made showing red seas got departed with the words of equity defining real estate signed into other races i need knees lubricated for the millions who marching to go get it reading my conquest tonight...."

I rather have love which brings about a level of no-one nor a feeling nor a thought pattern of how it can be defined but see how many ways can i draw love then sketch it and of course write it soulfully? How many colors without shapes can i paint love or is it no colors? Since it is not flesh then how eyes define it, cause i've defined humanity which suppose to be family as science says it to be but cliques form leaving actors on they back swept swiftly no longer live figure and it's getting realer. Respect you and me like a male curiosity about a stripper body, a child's weakness for candy so the dentist got monetary solutions included to be metal, drilling, water, a filling naturally sweet or bitter harden smiling meek underneath masks, a killer on the corner drinking forties and smoking a blunt with you before his last blink feeling kind of strange though when yall standing posted safer by streetlights rather than by the trees shaded in darkness, respect is love and love is respect as family is everything so love exist within it all, yet you gotta earn that love without crossing boundaries of yourself that ain't you like falling into the grand canyons by yourself and nobody gave you that last push though somebody help you get there at least to it's edges right? But you didn't know how to act and got collapsed due to not stroking hard enough in your brain enlightening your central nervous system to stop the movement completely at the four way, nope. You kept going knowing they ain't loving you, bolstering your ignorance, molding more hatred sweeten, crossing your eyes with no vaseline and only one entity forever got your back and that's your shadow until you no longer live figured. Love versus family is not a fight and anything further, instead it is preparation of the biggest debut between your family of thoughts and the capacity to hold love's burden on the plates at the buffets we all eat at soulfully from the first break-fast to the last supper all forks, knives and spoons ready?? Napkins propped carefully? In your seat cushioned?? Okay, then we live so eat up all you can but remember your stomach is only so big unless you stretched it out for years with greed and gluttony dayum you need more than satisfaction can hold?? Family you getting old so let me slim you down exercising new air windows down cheeks blowing back eyes wide open scenes go bye faster though my foot is not even on the pedal...put your seat belt on now let's ignite from the chambers as all candles are lit rooms brown as can be plus the butler and maid never worked here so let me introduce you to my fruits of love guaranteed to feed you endlessly is how i get down and we get down into manifestation out now walking a new style by the hours. Geah.

(Diary of a Black Man: Just An Illusion) Copyright 2014