Black Short Stories : Love Unkind

alyce j

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 2, 2012
Okay, bare with me as I haven't written anything in awhile and I'm sitting here feeling some kind of way. Rather than leave this all bottled up, I decided to write so, here goes....

Love, I have heard that word used over and over again on so many people in so many different ways on so many occasions. It's meant to make you feel safe, secure and happy. Like you can climb the highest mountain, obtain the unobtainable, conquer anything. To me, that word means nothing! I compare it to movies Disney makes, a fairy tale. You see, love has brought me nothing but pain, a pain I learned early on in life. Love isn't supposed to hurt, at least that's what I've been told but, for me, that's all it's done. From being told I love you by a mother who showed and said nothing but her total disdain for you because you remind her of the husband she never wanted, boyfriends who claimed their undying love for you while cheating, lying and scheming. Finally, love from a husband who wants nothing more than to sit by and watch you take care of the finances, rear the children and take responsibility for his sorry a@@. Yes, love, this wonderfully, warm felt emotion is nothing to me! It's allowed me to place walls around myself, to distance myself from those who claimed to love me all the while, they have ulterior motives.

Now that I have grown from the bruised and damaged child family and life turned me into, my outlook on love is beginning to change. I sit sometimes when the children are asleep and the house is finally peaceful, thinking about me. Yes, for once I am thinking of only me. What would I do if love knocked on my door, rang my phone, walked up to me and started a conversation. Would I stand there waiting to knock it down just as it had done to me so many times before? Or would I welcome it into my life and give it a chance? I've decided to go with the latter. Everyone deserves happiness one time or another in their lives and God knows, one of those people should be me!

So here I stand with my big girl panties on, ready to go head-to-head with an emotion I've lost out on so many lifetimes ago. I do find what some people say is true, love could be standing right in front of you and you wouldn't recognize it. That, is the predicament I currently find myself in. A friend is supposed to always be a friend but what happens when that goes a step further? When romantic feelings enter the picture? Is love worth that much to possibly sacrifice a friendship?

Let's not forget, the irresponsible, non-dependable, husband who is still in the picture. Could you as a woman, in an unhappy marriage who has tried relentlessly to make it work, would you cheat? Could you? I'm here to tell you, it's not as hard as you may think. Judge me if you want but, you are not in my shoes. You haven't traveled where demons fear to go as I have. I must live my life for me as everyone around me seems to live theirs for themselves, with no thoughts or fear of consequences. I must find my happiness, my love and the rest be damned!

PROLOGUE TO LOVE UNKIND

this speaks to a place where many men dwell...where most women stay away from. I DO UNDERSTAND. nonetheless, i'm hoping this is just a fictional story...and not the story of your life. i love to see a woman who dares to delve into that realm...admitting that women, too, think of the unthinkable...willing to wallow in deceit while searching for the happiness denied her.

loving the prologue of this LOVE UNKIND.

bring on the story.

WELCOME to the playground.

I too find this deeply written and to a place never have i seen a woman go but found many men in
this one story but if this live and real upon you then continue for happiness and do as one must because
we only live once why not be happy !

:hello: alyce j ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

WOW ... what a story!!! ... :eeek: ... the title is so disarming, so calm ... then click inside and start reading ... and it's like .... WOW!!! ... Bravo Sister! ... You had me with EVERY SINGLE LINE! ... all somber and worried ... then you crack me up with this line ... Let's not forget, the irresponsible, non-dependable, husband who is still in the picture. ... oh my gosh! ... i broke out laughing out loud !!! ... i was like ... what?!! ... doesn't this Sister have enough challenges already !!! ... oh gosh ... please ... don't let the next line be ... and she gotta pick cotton! ... :lol: ... how she gonna get outta alla this?! ... :injured:

GREAT STORY ... GREAT TWISTS AND TURNS ... you had me in every single line! ... :toast:

Thanks for joining us and sharing! Please make yourself at home!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back