Black Women : Love the sistah

emprezz

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 1, 2003
Hotlanta!
This one is for Magogany_Brown...with love:heart:

Love the sista

She has braids, weave, perm...what-e-vah!
Look at how confident she wears them

Go on girl wear it well

Nails done or not
It doesn't matter

What matters is how she swirls and twirls
her hands
as she talks...expressing her thoughts

Check out her gear

This morning in a suit
This evening in her sweats
The weekend her club-wear
Three personalities one spirit

Her eyes the windows to her soul

Man ... look into them not down at my chest
or around at my behind-they don't talk!

Lips that botox try to create

Can't duplicate or imitate
How they pucker when she disagrees
She parts her lips and kisses
Her man ...falls to his knees

Baby girl walks with a strut

Her stride her poise is a statement of its own
It says check me out or leave me alone

Her breathe as words

As violent as an erupting volcano
Sometimes as soft as a feather
She only wants to be heard
Her words are from the heart

Embrace the sistah
Respect the sistah
Understand the sistah

Many could not follow in her footsteps
They would crumble and break from the pressure
Thanks be to our ancestors
The women who withstood the blood, sweat, and tears
Lest we forget the years
They toiled
For us
To be
Here

Emprezz first I would like to say Welcome to Destee.com. Wow!!Sista this is such a beautiful and enlightening piece thats speak so truthfully. Wow..I'm humbled that you would dedicate this piece to me. That is such a sweet gesture. Girl, I'm here cheesing right now..lol..
What you are conveying in so true, sometimes we or maybe I can say even myself unfortunately see a sista with weave, fake nails, extremely revealing clothing etc..and sometimes judgement is passed instead of looking at the sista with compassion and understanding, and seeing that she is a woman who should be respected regardless. We should all learn to be more compassionate and practice this because its so counterproductive to tear each other down. I love the entire piece however I especially like these parts

Originally posted by emprezz
[B

Man ... look into them not down at my chest
or around at my behind-they don't talk!

Many could not follow in her footsteps
They would crumble and break from the pressure
Thanks be to our ancestors
The women who withstood the blood, sweat, and tears
Lest we forget the years
They toiled
For us
To be
Here [/B][/QUOTE

The part about "my chest and behind don't talk" is so true..Thats a great way to think about it and I never thought of it especially like this before.. Also the part when you thank our ancestors because of the pain and utter inhumanity that they had to suffer in order for us all to be here is also so true. I'm reading a book which documents the atrocities that went on in the slaveships and thinking about it and also reading that part of your poem brings tears to my eyes. Thankyou Emprezz, a beautiful piece. It could not have said in a better way. Thankyou for sharing something so worthwile with us. This poem is uplifting and it speaks for all of us and to all of us.
Peace

Thank you both for the acknowledgement.

I saw an exhibit at the Martin Luther Kind center here in Atlanta called "Without Sanctuary". The visual images of brothers, sisters, and yes some whites being hung and swinging from trees changed my outlook on humanity as a whole. I have an appreciation for what we have had to endure and are still enduring. All the hatin' and frontin' we do on each other is an atrocity(sp) and abomination to those who came before us. Given our past we should be working daily to gain our King and Queendom! But the ill affects have done the opposite to us. So, I do my part, daily, to try and spread love the Queenly way. Be it through poetic verse...it's all good. Here's a big hug to ya...

Peace

Emprezz ... This is such a BEAUTIFUL poem!!! I thought so when i first read it, soon after you posted it ... and reading it again now, it's even more beautiful. Thank you so much for joining and sharing with us. In case you don't know, we have a weekly Sister Chat every Tuesday @ 8 pm ... www.************/chat ... and we'd love to have you join us. Actually, we have chats all through the week and you are welcome to join us during them all. Hope to see you there.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back