Black Education / Schools : Louisiana Schools Teaching Black Males They Are Retarded

...or is this just an "IN GENERAL VENT?"

I've spoken personally to many students and these kids are not special ed. Special ed kids are not taught anything. They are taken to the playground all day and this isn't an issue to be argued over, it's as clear as spring water that these kids are being bunched into "slow " classes and allowed to run jump and play all day just like the perfect negroe athlete and if they fail at that which they most will, it's a 7.00 $ an hour job, and thats if he can boot a few mexicans out the way to get that. ---- There are grants given by the states to school. That means Money! The kids who are put in these classes are overwhelmingly black. Many of the teachers are incompetent and only substitutes. You dont get 29% to 39% of kids graduating because of an effective educational system. 1 in 4 dropouts winde up in jail. 40% of these men will engage in sex with other males in jail. And nearly all will sleep with a sister after getting out. http://newsone.com/nation/news-one-staff/study-1-in-4-black-males-high-school-dropouts-are-in-jail/ As I've stated before, we dont look nearly deep enuff at what whites do to effectively keep us in institutionalized slavery, we argue rather it happening or not. It's like a heart attck victim arguing w/ paramedics over rather or not he needs to go to the hospital or not. These quotas give schools more money to throw these kids in these classes. If they had the same attention scholarship athletes did, they would have much better outcomes but if you can't run jump and swing a bat, for a black male, ur future is dim and more action needs to be taken by parents, churches, and community leaders to educate our own in smaller classes with competent teachers who care. Harriet Tman said she could have freed twice as many slaves " if they even knew they were slaves". In other words, they have been brainwhipped and can't even interpret their current situation and the southern govermental institutions that have them in a caste system that is less than human. The same remains true of most of us down to this very day. -peace

I've spoken personally to many students and these kids are not special ed. Special ed kids are not taught anything. They are taken to the playground all day and this isn't an issue to be argued over, it's as clear as spring water that these kids are being bunched into "slow " classes and allowed to run jump and play all day...

Look, Hyperkill, I feel your frustration and your passion...really.

You're preaching to the choir when it comes to some of our educational systems. --I'm a former educator...degreed and certified.

And Louisiana has a long history of poor schools.

In N.O. Blacks who can afford it send their children to private schools (like St. Aug and some others).

And there are some good public schools still in N.O. but they are few.

However, "speaking to" some students and determining that they don't need to be in Special Ed classes is not an accurate assessment.

I repeat:

NOTHING beats a child being mis-labeled or having their education stilted/denied more than a PARENT who is INVOLVED and INVESTED in their child's education.

LOUISIANA IS MY HOME STATE....(Bossier city)

SAD TO SAY , THIS IS A VERY OLD PROBLEM.....AND ONE THING YOU WERE GUARANTEED TO SEE WHEN THAT " SHORT BUS " PASSED BY...

THREE BOYS TO EVERY GIRL....SO , IT IS DEFINITELY BY DESIGN...

I CAN NAME OFF SEVERAL BROTHERS , OLDER AND YOUNGER THAN MYSELF THAN TURNED OUT QUITE WELL.....BECAUSE IN MY DAY NOT ONLY DID A LOT OF OUR PARENTS KNOW EACH OTHER FROM THEIR SCHOOL DAYS , SOME WERE RELATED....

A LOT OF OUR PARENTS WERE THE SAME.....US KIDS COULD GO OVER EACH OTHERS HOUSES TO PLAY OR JUST HANG OUT.....

BECAUSE OF SO MANY OF US EITHER BEING RELATED OR PARTIALLY RELATED , THE TEASING WAS HELD TO A MINIMUM.....OR IT WAS FIGHT-TIME...

AND THEY GREW UP.....RIGHT ALONG WITH US....

A LOT OF US DIDNT LIKE IT......BUT BACK THEN , MANY MOTHERS ACCEPTED WHATEVER WHITE FOLKS HAD TO SAY....AND FEW WOULD QUESTION IT....THEY WOULD JUST COMPLAIN ABOUT IT LATER , OVER THE PHONE....

I'M PROUD TO SAY THAT THREE OF MY CLASSMATES ARE IN THE MEDICAL FIELD....2 ARE IN BUSINESS.....1 IN EDUCATION.....1 IS A MECHANIC..

AND OUT OF ALL THE YOUNGER ONES I KNEW.....ONLY 3 OF 8 ENDED UP IN BAD SHAPE....

I UNDERSTAND & RESPECT THE POINTS OF SIS. CHERRYBLOSSOM & SIS. STEFIA.....BUT I DONT RESPECT THE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM IN MY HOME STATE AND ABROAD....

I SAY THIS BECAUSE THERE WERE TWO KILLER BLOWS FROM THE LOUISIANA SCHOOL SYSTEM THAT MY OWN DAUGHTER SURVIVED , BUT MANY DIDNT....

1) ELIMINATION OF P.E.
2) THE EXIT EXAM

BECAUSE OF P.E. BEING ELIMINATED , OVERWEIGHT CHILDREN WERE PRODUCED HIGHLY...MY DAUGHTER INCLUDED....

AND THE EXIT EXAM.....A FINAL TEST EACH STUDENT MUST PASS AT THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR IN ORDER TO GO TO THE NEXT GRADE LEVEL.....REGARDLESS HOW WELL THEY DID DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR IN THEIR REQUIRED CLASSES......

IN MY OPINION.....ITS BAD ENOUGH THAT OUR CHILDREN ARE BEING TAUGHT COSMETIC EUROPEANISM EXCLUSIVELY , WITHIN A FIXED DECK......WE JUST HAVE TO WORK THAT MUCH HARDER AS PARENTS.....TO SEE THEM THROUGH...

WARRIOR

Look, Hyperkill, I feel your frustration and your passion...really.

You're preaching to the choir when it comes to some of our educational systems. --I'm a former educator...degreed and certified.

And Louisiana has a long history of poor schools.

In N.O. Blacks who can afford it send their children to private schools (like St. Aug and some others).

And there are some good public schools still in N.O. but they are few.

However, "speaking to" some students and determining that they don't need to be in Special Ed classes is not an accurate assessment.

I repeat:

NOTHING beats a child being mis-labeled or having their education stilted/denied more than a PARENT who is INVOLVED and INVESTED in their child's education.

:toast:

low-black-male-graduation-rates-indicate-a-failure-in-faith-not-circumstances.

Who was the first person in your life to introduce you to the concept of failure? Now, who was the first person in your life to teach you that failure was not only possible, but probable?

If you consider yourself successful by any measure of the Western standard, then you were probably never introduced to the Negro narrative of obfuscation, which teaches the inevitability that outward circumstances will methodically undermine any constructive steps you take in the direction of upward mobility.

All varieties of Negro head honchos, from shepherds of churchgoing hallelujah flock, to old timey civil rights activists, preach the defeatist mantra of how “the man” is out to get them and the variety of ways that our system keeps a “brotha” down.

Unfortunately, it now appears that this chorus of pessimism has entrenched itself in the minds of African American young men, teachers, and even parents.

According to a recent study by the Schott Foundation for Public Education, less than 50% of black males graduated from high school during the 2007-2008 school year. Even worse, according to the report, “(M)ore than twice as many black students are classified as ‘mentally retarded’ in spite of research demonstrating that the percentages of students from all groups are approximately the same at each intelligence level.”

It is clear from the data that young black men are throwing in the towel at record numbers. These numbers should be anything but surprising considering how the black community has systematically lowered expectations for black men on every conceivable level.

In education, we feed young black men bleak statistics which forewarn that he will be killed or imprisoned before age 25, making the pursuit of education futile. In love, black women welcome the most pitiful representations of manhood into their hearts (and bedrooms) with open arms. And in our families, it is now widely accepted for black single moms to raise their kids alone and leave the court system to do battle on their behalf for child support – but what of male parental support?

Even the language we use to refer to our beloved black boys bespeaks his littleness and certain demise. The term ‘young black male’ is cold and devoid of any true emotion.

If we choose to push for a transformation of thought which undoes the damage of the over-empathizers, apologists, and recklessness in our community, then we must teach young black boys that life has meaning under all conditions. To suffer is a small thing, but to suffer without meaning is despair, and that should be avoided at all costs.

We must also implant in them the truest of all human truths; that they alone are responsible for their choices, and that although hustling has been painted as the clear choice for all warrior hearts, it is not. It is, in truth, a coward’s exit. His flee from the battlefield.

http://atlantapost.com/2010/08/19/l...ndicate-a-failure-in-faith-not-circumstances/

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back