Black Education / Schools : Louisiana Schools Teaching Black Males They Are Retarded

HyperKill

BANNED
Dec 18, 2009
I decided to do this thread because yesterday I was with a female friend who has a son that can play video games and pretty much anything any other kid can do but I heard him say to me that he doesn't need to know how to read even though he could pretty well. I said why and he told me that he is a special needs kid. I said boy please, there is nothing wrong with you, you are just as normal as any other kid. He is perfectly normal and goes to just one of the many public Lousiana schools that teaches a large number of black male students, they are retarded or slow. Many don't know but every public school has a quota of students they have to put in special ed to receive state grants and funds. Guess who they target? Many normal kid are riding the short bus nowadays, so much so that in my area, it's not even considered embarrassing any more as so many are riding the short bus. If at all possible, I would highly recommend home schooling your kids. http://www.inmotionmagazine.com/peterz1.html

@Hyperkill
Maybe even if he can do video games and stuff like that he might need special help, though that bit about him saying he doesn't need to read is a bit weird. And even if he does needs special needs ed he's still 'normal'. I know I've joked about before when I haven't quite got what people mean in their posts and just said 'oh I can't help it I'm a dumb blonde', but its probably not too difficult to tell that's not the real reason - I spent the whole of my time from 11 to 18 in special needs classes and at the end of it I went on to college where I still needed extra help, but managed to get a degree. It might well be that he's being picked out because of his color like you say, but before you decide for certain I'd ask a little more about why he's going into special needs - like is he dyslexic or dyspraxic or anything. And no one should be embarassed about being in special ed anyways - no more than they should be embarassed if they're asthmatic or have allergies or anything else. Not sure about home schooling unless you can join in with other people to do it cause a lot of going to school is the social side, not just the learning.

Oh... and what's a short bus?

I decided to do this thread because yesterday I was with a female friend who has a son that can play video games and pretty much anything any other kid can do but I heard him say to me that he doesn't need to know how to read even though he could pretty well. I said why and he told me that he is a special needs kid. I said boy please, there is nothing wrong with you, you are just as normal as any other kid. He is perfectly normal and goes to just one of the many public Lousiana schools that teaches a large number of black male students, they are retarded or slow. Many don't know but every public school has a quota of students they have to put in special ed to receive state grants and funds. Guess who they target? Many normal kid are riding the short bus nowadays, so much so that in my area, it's not even considered embarrassing any more as so many are riding the short bus. If at all possible, I would highly recommend home schooling your kids. http://www.inmotionmagazine.com/peterz1.html

I'm not discounting this post "whole cloth." But there are some other factors to consider.

Being dexterous enough to master video games does not automatically negate a learning disability.

Also, have you ever had him read to you and then tell/explain to you what he read?

Many children can "read" beautifully...meaning they can "call words" but have little to no comprehension of what they read. ---They can't tell you what it means in their own words.

So, again, with LA having the history it does in poor education systems, I'm not totally discounting what you've said....But, that little boy COULD actually be "Special Needs" in some areas that you are not aware of.

Moreover, Home-schooling is not necessarily the answer either...Parents need to get more involved and invested in their children's education....Requesting and/or paying for their child to be tested and re-tested in subsequent school years.

However, as a former teacher myself, I can tell you that some parents are in DENIAL...They don't won't to accept that their child IS "Special Needs" and they will fight tooth-and-nail with the school to get them out.

Conversely, there are also parents who desperately want their child to be "GIFTED" and will force the child to stay in a Gifted/AP curriculum that is waaaay beyond their academic abilities.

It's no joke or laughing matter , I,ve seen where the system place these young children in these special ED
programs who don't need it at all , there was this boy name Harold they told him he
was a RETAR.

put him in this program and he zap through it in flying colors , had him and parents thinking he was slow/ had a problem / Retardation
when he was above his grade level/ smart/ GPA above and beyond his class and age
could be an high honor student but was retarded !!..... NOt true

Then here's what they said this Harold is the smartest RETARDED kid they ever seen.....

Do the math
did he belong or was he strip from perfection and top honors ???

"Many children can "read" beautifully...meaning they can "call words" but have little to no comprehension of what they read. ---They can't tell you what it means in their own words."

EXACTLY - when I was a kid I read lessons in church quite often as everyone said I read them so well - never had a single clue what any of them were about.

And like I've said before when some people have been posting complicated answers I haven't a clue what they're on about - I mean I could look up the definition of any words I don't know - but that really doesn't help much in trying to work out what a whole sentence of words like that is actually supposed to mean

PLUS...don't discount the benefits of having spec ed classes. If I'd never had any then I'd probably be stacking shelves in Tesco...
But, I did have them and got a degree and now work for a record company which pays decent money and I get to meet all sorts of people, producers, singers etc etc from around the world - which is definitely a better outcome.

But as you say, maybe this kid is real bright and just being picked out for being black - just some more investigation needed I think.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back