Black People : Louisiana approves spending funds

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by indya, Oct 21, 2005.

1. indya

indya Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    This needs to be read by all of the people who are so against republicans, since if you read the article the democrates are the ones wanting to spend LA funds on a horse complex and sports arena upgrades and the republicans are the ones saying it's a bad idea.

http://thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051021/NEWS05/510210334

As Louisiana officials plead for federal hurricane relief aid, a state money panel agreed Thursday to spend nearly $45 million on construction projects ranging from health labs and water wells to a sports complex and livestock facilities

"What you do in the next few minutes is going to reverberate throughout this country as to what Louisiana's priorities are," state Sen. Jay Dardenne, R-Baton Rouge, told the Bond Commission, a panel made of Gov. Kathleen Blanco's representatives, many of her legislative allies and others.

The state's tax base is decimated, Blanco has ordered a spending and hiring freeze on many parts of the budget, and officials are grappling with a deficit expected to reach $1.5 billion in tax income alone.

Despite the concerns, the Bond Commission shuffled state construction spending, taking money from items that wouldn't be able to start on time and — rather than holding the cash — unanimously agreed to move it to new projects.

2. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Well, first off both sides are only it it for themselves. However, when it comes to deciding which side is the lesser evil Democrates usually win for liberals or minorities because of their stance on political issues in general.

As far as this article... I highly doubt that this money for is going to be used to help rebuild the communities that were hit the worst by Katrina... New Orlean's poor blacks. It will probably be used to restore the historic and upper-class areas.

3. indya

indya Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    It should be used to restore the levees to withstand a higher rated hurricane so that next time this doesn't happen at all. I hope the people of New Orleans and the rest of the state use the next elections to "clean house".

4. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    In the mid 1800's the Republican party was loved by Blacks now in the modern day the Democrats are loved by Blacks.....when will we learn that these men do not have our best interest at heart regardless of political affiliation....I'm so sick of seeing these politions in Black churches and at Black functions speaking and skinning and grinning with Black folks standing behind them doing the same like this cat is our next saviour......every election time you start seeing this and hearing Black folk saying how they love such and such and he's the one that's looking out for Black folks.....personally I don't trust conservatives or liberals and both parties make me sick .....we are in a situation where we have been forced to choose between to lesser of two evils ....I say whoever does what we need done is cool with me...use them like they use us.....whether it be liberal or conservative , republican or democrat we just need to concentrate on doing what we need to do to get what we got to get.....

MississippiRed

5. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    There Are Some blacks Who Would Stand By And Watch

A White man rape their mother and call it making love...

There is no difference really between the menatality of White Democrats, or Republicans, or whatever else misnomer you want to place there... they all think the same. black republicans are just more repulsive - because they, like all Black Americans are still walking on the bent banks of Our ancestors; that is why their leaders like Jesse Lee Peterson, LaShawn Barber, Star Parker, Larry Elders (libertarian - a little worse)... get away with spreading their vitrolic hatred of Black people --- because they, meaning White people in general, think like them.

So, it does not matter which side wants to do what: each along with the black lowlife class, killed the victims of this tradgedy, before help was even a notion. . . and continues to rape these people, Our people, each and everyday... with their lies and coverups...

President Bush --- Republican --- went to a party while Black babies floated in waters of death. Typical.

Kathleen Blanco (Gov.) --- Democrat --- called for killing them while Black babies floated in waters of death. Typical.

Ray Nagin --- "Democrat" --- lied and said that Black men were raping 3 day old babies, and gangs were running the streets raping women and girls/ and evacuated White tourist, as Our Mothers, Fathers, Kids continued to die...while Black babies floated in waters of death. More and More Typical --- ******!

Condoleeza Rice --- Republican --- was buying a $7,000 pair of shoes. . . while Black babies floated in waters of death. More and More Typical.

Bush's Mama --- was all giddy, "dem nigras are doing better than dey wuz, lordy and dey wanna live 'round ya..."

And all the black Republicans (most of them, of the criminal class, of the welfare class, of the immoral class (I say that only b/c these negroes portend moral absolutes)... was shouting about God's reckoning and how it was the victims fault, kill'em etc... raping them over and over....

... And there are some blacks who have self - inflicted wounds of disillusionment so deep - they roll around in their own blood, dripping off of the White man's hands . . . and ask what more can I give, to become human in your eyes? And still don't get it when an answer comes, "Die *****!"

We all know that Jesse, Al, and Farrakhan blew the levee, and just blamed Whitey