Black People : Louis CK - BEING WHITE

@ru2religious

"Secondly, the Mediterranean people don't call themselves white - they use the term 'Mediterranean' so what do they have to do with White?"

True - I made this point before but people didn't really believe me I don't think - to Anglo-Saxons Italians don't really count as white - these days maybe they count as sort of honorary whites, but not to the real racist hard core Anglo-Saxons - to them Italians and Spaniards are 'greasy daegos' and Italians also get called 'waps' or 'guineas' - as in darker, resembling people from Guinea. A lot of latina/o people look almost pure Spanish rather than any real mix, but most Anglo-Saxon Americans consider them as a separate race.

Very true -

I have a lot of Italian associate who cringe at the thought of being called white - that makes their blood boil. Greece is an honorary place for most so-called Caucasians but the Greek view it much different. As a matter of fact most people who call themselves Caucasian are not because they are not from the land nor their ancestors from the region. So the people with German, Ireland, Scotland, Greenland, Britain, Russia, etc have absolutely no connection or ancestral claim to ancient Greece or anything Mediterranean. They were worlds apart.

Peace

Ru2religious

@ru2religious

Agreed as I said before - cause in my mind nothing can excuse inhumanity even if, though I accept they weren't, the Moors were as cruel as American whites were. Plus there is the time factor as in back in the days when the Moors were enslaving it was still quite common for whites to enslave each other - now we are living in a modern age where people are supposed to be enlightened, where genetics can prove 100% that black people are in no way inferior to white - yet still racism persists. Being mixed always does cause a problem when looking at these things - not so much in looking for excuses as you mentioned (though that may well be the case with some people) but in my case looking for reasons - as in why people did what they did - what was it that took them to the point where they acted as they did. For me being mixed is always being the oppressor and the oppressed rolled up into one at the same time - when most people look back on their ancestors they don't find that their great great grandfather could quite well have lynched one of their other great great grandfathers without a second thought or even worse that that white ancestor of yours would have happily killed or mutilated you - so you're always trying to answer the question WHY?

@ru2religious

Agreed as I said before - cause in my mind nothing can excuse inhumanity even if, though I accept they weren't, the Moors were as cruel as American whites were. Plus there is the time factor as in back in the days when the Moors were enslaving it was still quite common for whites to enslave each other - now we are living in a modern age where people are supposed to be enlightened, where genetics can prove 100% that black people are in no way inferior to white - yet still racism persists. Being mixed always does cause a problem when looking at these things - not so much in looking for excuses as you mentioned (though that may well be the case with some people) but in my case looking for reasons - as in why people did what they did - what was it that took them to the point where they acted as they did. For me being mixed is always being the oppressor and the oppressed rolled up into one at the same time - when most people look back on their ancestors they don't find that their great great grandfather could quite well have lynched one of their other great great grandfathers without a second thought or even worse that that white ancestor of yours would have happily killed or mutilated you - so you're always trying to answer the question WHY?

wow - that is something to ponder over seriously -

Peace

Ru2religious

Perhaps the problem here is dealing with simple descriptors, but that is the price to pay when you break humanity up into three categories. Since you probably will not argue modern day peoples, I will not mention it, but my statement was about ancient peoples(Egyptians, Carthaginians, Babylonians, ect).

They were not "black"(or "white") in the modern sense. They have about as much genetic similarity to west coast Africans(of which AA's are descendant) as they do with Frenchmen.

Perhaps the problem here is dealing with simple descriptors, but that is the price to pay when you break humanity up into three categories. Since you probably will not argue modern day peoples, I will not mention it, but my statement was about ancient peoples(Egyptians, Carthaginians, Babylonians, ect).

They were not "black"(or "white") in the modern sense. They have about as much genetic similarity to west coast Africans(of which AA's are descendant) as they do with Frenchmen.

Okay this is where the problem began
for most people and that's when it comes to speaking about Africa, Mediterranean and the so-called Middle East. Egypt is in Africa and it is not Mediterranean. Egypt is in Africa and it is not in the Middle East. Egypt is in Africa making the ancient inhabitants of Egypt - Africans like our forefathers and mothers. Again, African American see all of Africa as one country based on ancient records and its comparable to the way most white European see America as one country and thus as they were proud African and loved all of Africa so do we.

Problem number 2: I do not follow the Noah and 3 son description at all because it is not based on scientific evidence and it has no relevance in the academia of archaeology, anthropology, linguistic or genetic studies.

Problem number 3: Genetic analysis on ancient Egyptian mummy were done in so to link family ties and not so-called race (a fictitious term). So there can't be genetic information which suggest that ancient Egyptians are not genetically close to anyone. What we have learned up to this point is that the ancient Egyptians were Linguistically, Archeaologically, historically, geographically and anthropologically African. Through hings like craniometrics, skeletal-metrics, and even melanin level tests of skin so the Egyptians to be African and not Mediterranean or Middle Eastern in the modern sense.

Problem number 4: There is a lot of fictitious genetic information running around out there which suggest that Tutankhamen dna was RIb which is supposed to be European though its origins is found in Cameroon aka West Africa - those studies are fictitious and are promoted by racist websites such as ..... ..... no need to give name and promote them. The information is not scientific and is thus based on Euronutism.

Problem number 5: As far as your example African American and the Frenchman doesn't have any relevance to this discussion because America is our place of birth but Africa is our ancestry unlike the French who has no ties to Mediterranean or Africa so Egyptians are more related to us based on your example.

Now - what scientific evidence do you have which suggest that African Americans are not related to the ancient Egyptians? I know that we aren't genetically close to a lot of the modern Egyptians and that due to all of the invasion of the Arabs, Europeans and many others since the time of Khemenu exodus out of ancient Km.t but how do you know without doubt that we are not related to the ancient inhabitants of Ta Meri?

Peace

Ru2religious

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back