Science and Technology : Lots of sleep and sudden death For women and men

Should be in the Islamic-Arabic forum not science and technology. False advertising.

How much did you pay? and what did you lose?

it may be somewhat out of place but it seems to me that a discussion of Science and Islam belongs in either the Science forum or the Islam forum.. and since the person presenting the information is from the Islam side of things and wishes to engage those on the Science side, it makes sense that the discussion would at least begin in the Science section.. and after it begins to form.. the moderators would decide where to store it. Not a big deal in any sense.

How did you pay? and what did you lose?

it may be somewhat out of place but it seems to me that a discussion of Science and Islam belongs in either the Science forum or the Islam forum.. and since the person presenting the information is from the Islam side of things and wishes to engage those on the Science side, it makes sense that the discussion would at least begin in the Science section.. and after it begins to form.. the moderators would decide where to store it. Not a big deal in any sense.

Great idea to mix religions with mainstream science. I come here to read about science and technology not some superstitious nonsense.

Great idea to mix religions with mainstream science. I come here to read about science and technology not some superstitious nonsense.

Faith is a fundamental element of science. Science has as much mystery and mythology as religion. And your open antagonism over this man presenting his opinion in this forum reeks of the same type of fanaticism that drives very many religious people. This man simply presented some information that both modern science and Islam agree. What's wrong with that? I engaged him on a point that highlights his comparison as an implicit belief in the results of Science.. of course I don't know this person or the nature of his/her belief.. he may be a scientist for all I know.. but through this conversation I may learn more about his beliefs and so on.. that's why we come together here.. in case you didn't know.

The Spirit is as real as the Atom. Your not being able to see that or understand that does not make it untrue. There's nothing wrong with a persons words being wrapped in the faith through which they live their lives and conceive reality.. It's the same thing you do with through your secular religion that you call Science. Their was a time and place where the Science of the Earth and Science of the Spirit were inextricably bound. If you take a look at how they became separate, you might start to understand why... or not.

Always, we have to understand a golden rule that the Qur'an is always right even there is a contradiction between science and Qur'an because one day the rightness of the Qur'an will be clear to all people.

The above is pretty much why no religion will ever provide the progress the sciences or the classical liberal arts have provided.

How come no link to something that resembles a news article or story?
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Healthday/story?id=5398200&page=1

Abstract In Question (Note how they're so specific and careful about their claims):
http://stroke.ahajournals.org/content/39/12/3185.abstract?sid=ed254609-43a9-484d-aebe-27da70375e7a

In the abstract alone, the others hint that there's a "U-Shaped" relationship between sleep and mortality. People have known for a while now that either too much or two little sleep can have serious health consequences. The medical community has been adequately warning about both and the importance of going over your sleeping habits with your medical professional especially when there are sudden changes. There's a growing body of research shaping our understanding of what disrupt sleeps, what those short-term, and long-term consequences are and addressing them has required nothing supernatural.

If you can remove something that's been declared necessary and still see the same results, then what you removed was not associated with the outcome in anyway. Couldn't we have replaced Islam in the claim above (which is already shaky) with any culture or religion that also has night or early morning rituals? Could we then say the following:

Always, we have to understand a golden rule that the <Insert Divine Book,Being, or Imperative> is always right even there is a contradiction between science and <Insert Divine Book,Being, or Imperative> because one day the rightness of the <Insert Divine Book,Being, or Imperative> will be clear to all people.

What happens with long settled issues that aren't in favor of religions and will not be changing anytime soon? Where's the self-correction? Where's the progress?

Even though it was hypothetical, there's a group of scientific fields that study cultural convergences when trying to solve problems everyone has to deal with, adapting to similar conditions, while using pretty much the same brains furnished to members of our species.

Science needs no faith. It only starts with the idea that maybe something in whole or in part can eventually be understood, and goes through a robust, observation based, and self-corrective approach to try to accomplish that goal. It requires no faith because anyone can practice it, anyone can verify or disprove previous understandings or claims, and anyone can practice it with or without religious belief and still get the same results (a bit of an oversimplification but the main idea is important).

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back