Black Christians : Lot and his Daughters

Discussion in 'Christian Study Group' started by cherryblossom, Jul 21, 2010.

1. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    The "moral of the story" is that Lot was wrong for doing so but that God did not allow it to happen anyway.

2. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622

3. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Awesome!

I read the quote and believe it to be thought provoking and very informative on the basis of human nature and what people do in a sudden instant of conflict. What does one do or, what should one do when they are faced with great adversity at a moments notice?

when i think about this story of Lot, i sometimes think about how some people read the Bible with the expectation that some people were perfect but, this cannot be truth according to the Bible. Just because it is not 'spelled out' to see, it does not mean that certain great men and women of the Bible were perfect. In some cases and because the creator God forgives sins, some story accounts don't 'spell out' cetain sins but if we look deeper, then a total lesson can be gained from how certain people dealt with their 'cross' and overcame their own inner struggles.

The story of Lot shows that he was wrong and how God did not allow it to happen anyway, as you have stated and, this story shows us so many other things such as the mercy of God and how he strives with us and gives us time to get it right if we so choose.

I think about how Abraham propositioned 'the Lord' when he was on his way to destroy the cities of Sodom and Gommorah and after Abraham got down to 'just 10 souls' even then, the Lord said that if there were just 10 souls who was not tainted by the sins of that city then he would have spared it. This scripture, in my opinion, is much more than meets the eye.

Yet, according to the Bible, I believe, only Lot and his family was saved from the immediate destruction that day and they even prove that they were indeed affected in some way from living in that city...the minds of his wife and duaghters [women] show that they three were obviously affected by that cities immorality, even though they were women! Something about that city environment affected these women. I wonder.

Why did not Lot get his women out of that city where homosexuality was the status quo? Why did Lot's wife turn back and, why did his daughters take the lead on how to preserve themselves by getting their father drunk and then getting pregnant? There is much more to this story in my opinion that these 'christian commentators' choose to overlook.

And then the Bible goes on to give accounts of these generations of people that came from these three survivors of that great day; the Moabites and the Ammonites. Their origins are through incest through the instigation of women. Mind boggling.

4. abdurratln

abdurratln Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +153
    The Stroy of Lot is all about incest, rape, child sexual abuse, homsexuality and alcoholism. I smell a rat. They did not deny that GOD Destroyed the place. But, they fail to admit that all of those crimes are against GOD.

5. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    As to the issue of incest, what is your understanding of how the world was populated, beginning with Adam and Eve?....Who do you think Cain and Seth chose their wives from?

Also, what is your understanding of incest pre and post the Mosaic Laws?

6. abdurratln

abdurratln Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +153
    NOW look whose sympathizing with incest!!!!! What about gang rape? Do you approve of that too? It is worth noting that Quran does not tell the incest story.

7. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Also, Sister Chevron, how do you understand the issue of incest in this Biblical instance and the following verses:

Lev. 18: 6-18 and Lev. 20: 11-17

Again, what is your understanding of it pre and post the Mosaic Laws?

8. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Wait a minute!

This section is for Christian Study and not design for this type of dialogue!

Where's the administration on this issue!

9. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    my apologies, sister for not getting back to the board for a couple of days. Where is the administration regarding Abdurrah?

I will try to make a post to admin but i'm not sure yet, how to do it successfully. Then i will get back to this post.

peace.

10. HyperKill

HyperKill Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +319
    sey my key note on Genes

Genesis is simply the account of God's perfect man mutiplying his perfect Genes. The bases of the word Genesis is Genes. Seth lived over 800 yrs and had a son Enos who had a child at about 90. Remember Seth and Cain are multiplying children who are living hundreds of years and having children. All of this is in Chapt 5 of Genesis. Also remember that Cainan who was Enos's son, was 70 before a child is mentioned. All this time, Seth, Enos and Adam are reproducing perfect Gene children.key note- If all the incest bothers u, simply remember GENESis is based on the word genes. Adam's who was made in God's image was perfect. The woman who Cain met in Nod was simply his long line relative. The bible does not specify an exact time that he met her so its safe to assume it was hundreds of years before he met her as Cain lived a very long time as a nomad.