Black People : LOST...Missing person

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by CarrieMonet, Sep 22, 2004.

1. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    READ FULL ARTICLE AND VIEW PHOTO

Cry for Help in the Disappearance of Tamika Huston
    Date: Monday, August 16, 2004
    By: KIM BETTON, BlackAmericaWeb.com

It’s been more than 70 days since Tamika Huston last contacted her family and friends and still she is nowhere to be found. The 24-year-old Spartanburg, S.C. woman was last seen on June 2 at a friend’s house and was reported missing on June 14. The family is crying for help, increasing the reward to $10,000 leading to her whereabouts.
    “We want to know where Tamika is or if someone has done something to her,”her father Anthony Huston told BlackAmericaWeb.com.
    On June 20 Huston’s 1991 black Honda CRX was found abandoned at Barksdale Apartments in Spartanburg. Investigators say it had apparently been at that location for approximately the same amount of time Tamika had last been seen.
    Although police have received a large number of tips and information regarding Huston’s disappearance, Capt. Randy Hardy with Spartanburg Public Safety told BlackAmericaWeb.com they do not suspect foul play but have not ruled it out: “We have no leads and still have not identified any suspects. We’re continuing to work on that.”
    When police searched Huston’s home, they found her starving dog Macy alone. Investigators said the pit bull had apparently eaten all but one of her newborn baby pups.
    Police are looking at other suspicious activities surrounding Huston’s disappearance including three uncashed work checks and an arrest warrant filed against her boyfriend Terence Moss.
    Rebkah Howard, Huston’s aunt, said the warrant was filed in March. Huston accused Moss of punching her in the face and stomach. “I was very disappointed when I heard about that domestic violence case,” said Howard.
    BlackAmericaWeb.com called Moss, but he was not available for comment. Investigators said he is not considered a suspect; he is a person of interest.
    Family members said they truly miss Huston’s bubbly personality and sweet spirit. She’s also known to be a dynamic singer. In fact family members said she once tried out for the hit television show “American Idol.”
    According to Howard, Tamika recently quit her job as a waitress to make plans for new beginnings. “She was encouraged by her mother to establish a career and was looking forward to it,” said Howard. “Tamika is very outgoing, very welcoming, she would light up the room. She’s friendly and positive. She would not leave us like this.”
    The family has joined the investigation, campaigning actively to find Huston. They held a press conference in Spartanburg to plead for anyone with information to come forward.
    Flyers are posted across Spartanburg and cities stretching from New York to Miami. The family launched two Web sites and has received an estimated 100,000 visitors offering support and tips in the case.
    Huston’s picture is also posted on “America’s Most Wanted” Missing Persons Web site, attracting national attention.
    Dedicated search efforts, faith and love keep family and friends clinging on to hope that Huston will have a safe return home. “I miss my only daughter more than words can express,” said Gabriella Simenehe. “The pain of not knowing where she is or what my have happened to her is unbearable. I am begging for anyone with information to come forward. We also want to thank the tens of hundreds of people from all across the world who have offered their prayers and words of hope via internet. Please continue to pray for Tamika,”
    “This is not normal,” said Anthony Huston. “Our life is like a blank without Tamika. It’s very depressing. We want Tamika to come home.”
    The Spartanburg Public Safety Department asks anyone who may have information regarding Tamika Huston’s disappearance to call (864) 596-2035 or CRIMESTOPPERS at (864) 58-CRIME. An additional reward of up to $2,000 is also being offered by Spartanburg Crimestoppers.

TAMIKA HUSTON WEBSITE

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    very sad and well heart felt for a child a young lady many prayers goes out
    to her safe return home to family & friendz ...thankz for the link to the site

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Sad it is...that is every parents worst nightmare. I pray my daughter chooses her men wisely! I also pray that God grants her the strength and wisdom to leave any situation which is harmful to her.

4. jazzymoonchild

jazzymoonchild Well-Known Member MEMBER

administrative
    Ratings:
    +9
    I read a few articles about this young lady. I am really hoping that they find her alive and well. I don't ever want to experience this kind of agony. I am teaching my daughter about the levels of respect and things that she should not tolerate from people, not just men. But she knows that a man treating her violently is out of the question.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Thank you for sharing this Sister CarrieMonet ... gosh ... such a beautiful young Sister too ... after reading this all i could do was call my daughter, check on her, make sure everything is okay ... i am always telling her to be careful, the dangers of this world are so many that it's not just a boyfriend we might have to worry about ... but any total stranger! ... gosh ... my daughter is in college and she had a job (on campus) that had her working one night a week until 11:00 pm ... she would ride her bike to work, so she'd be riding it back after as well ... but before she left that building, she'd have me on the phone with her, and we'd be talking the entire 5 minute ride ... i know the entire path, every building she'd pass ... she mentioned every person she saw ... we even had codes, so if there wasn't enough time to say "there are 2 men walking toward me" ... before they were right up on her ... she would say ... "player 2" ... Player is our dog's name ... 2 is that there are 2 men right on her ... this was no joke ... too many of our people go missing without all the media attention given to other folk ... we gotta take care of our own ... please, everyone, take care of the babies ... and let us all pray for the safe return of this young lady to her Family.

Again ... thanks for sharing with us Sister CarrieMonet

:heart:

Destee

6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,860
    This is emotionally painful. I echo everyone else's sentiments. It's a travesty for anyone to have to experience this. I really feel for the family that is begging to know what happened. Statistics show that more crimes like these occur between acquaintances as opposed to strangers. I genuinely hope that the final news is good.

Queenie :spinstar:

7. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    God Be With You, Sister...

I know it is not like a Black Woman NOT to contact her family unless something is terrible wrong... I hope that my intuition about this sista is just way wrong... God Be with her - wherever she may be... :heart:

Peace!
    Isaiah

8. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    This is so sad. I pray that Allah is with her.