Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Losing my hair at 21

Discussion in 'Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion' started by African_Prince, Feb 15, 2007.

1. African_Prince

African_Prince Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    I just noticed that I'm losing the hair at the bottom of the back of my neck. There's a small bald spot and lots of thinning. Has anyone been through this? I don't think this is male pattern baldness so can it be reversed? I also have dandruff, I think I do because my hair is white-ish when I come out of the shower.

2. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    same here, dandruff and everything...I can tell you to use this shampoo to nourish your hair and stay away from medicated shampoos,etc

No matter how long your hair is you may want to comb/ brush it in the morning and after you get out of the shower if you do not have a 'reliable and safe' shampoo treatment.

as for the bald spot, I got one, had it since I was younger and it is natural,all of the hair near it is thick and kinky like the rest,you may want to drink more water (for dandruff) and use some other products like the one in the link that may nourish and revive your hair....I am a bit new at this as you are.

http://www.afrikanrepublic.com/pd_duduosum.cfm

3. African_Prince

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    I don't use shampoo because it dries out my hair and I don't think I can find that in stores anyways (I can't order off the internet). I already drink 6-8 glasses of water daily but I'll start drinking 10 again. I only comb my hair after I get out of the shower because it's easier and I heard that you should never comb it when it's dry (damages it). How old are you?

4. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42

Drink more water your scalp is most likely drying out.

If you smoke herb (ganja) drink even more water. Smoking tends to increase dehydration and contributes to "aging" of your hair (I am one of those former ganja smokers who developed gray hair prematurely but I still have a full head even though it has grows now at a slower rate...but this is natural for me cuz im an old head!)

5. African_Prince

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    No, I never smoked weed but it's good to know (people think it's healthy). It's disappointing because I always thought I was healthy. How did I get dandruff? I'll try drinking more water.

6. OmowaleX

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    I also have dandruff, since about the age of 17, and started getting grey hais at 19. Dry climate and washing the hair on a frequent basis can dry out the hair and this is accelerated using shampoo or hair products containing petroleum. You need to find a good moistureizer. Sorry, I cant recommend one since I have tried many products and couldnt find a good one so I started wearing my hair shorter.

Good luck with this one...

7. African_Prince

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    You still have dandruff after all this time (no offense)? I don't use shampoo, only conditioner. I just want the hair at the back of my neck to grow back normally, even if the dandruff stays.

8. OmowaleX

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    Yes, I still have dandruff but not as much as before because I wear my hair shorter and no longer use petrochemicals on my hair. I still have a mild case of dandruff because I still exercise (basketball and cardio) and sweat a lot. Perhaps I should try using conditioner only myself instead of shampoo.

9. African_Prince

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    I hate my life.